Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Angry= Me

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 23, 2009
Ok so one day i was with my freind in a battle and he was being attacked, he is death so he took 250 health and gave himself 700 health and the bad guys started attacing me yea yea, and he wonderd why they had stopped attacking him and why they started attack me. So i said he killed himself then healed himself. but it would not let me say ' you killed yourself' but thats a different story. so it wont let them say that but it will let them swear bye uppercasing letters. They where swearing with words i did not even no. i thought this was suppoes to be a kid friendly enviroment. but cleary ITS NOT! I am a kid and they have people swearing there heads of. these people need to get a life. And i am a kid so i dont need to be learning these words

Every single player age 13+ is a moderator. We’ve given our players the ability to report inappropriate chat or behavior, and we encourage you to act responsibly and use this tool.

Each and every report is read by a real person, and acted upon accordingly. Egregious or repeated violations of the Terms of Use will result in a permanent account ban and deletion of your characters.

False reports are also not tolerated, and can result in sanctions against the players making the false reports.

We put the power of moderation in the hands of our players; you can make a difference in Wizard101.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Explorer
May 23, 2009

Thanks for responding,it just seems that there are so many who do this when I am on. Let alone when I am not on, that it will be almost impossible to fix this.

Thanks

Hunetr SpiritGem

ProspectorZeke wrote:
Every single player age 13+ is a moderator. We’ve given our players the ability to report inappropriate chat or behavior, and we encourage you to act responsibly and use this tool.

Each and every report is read by a real person, and acted upon accordingly. Egregious or repeated violations of the Terms of Use will result in a permanent account ban and deletion of your characters.

False reports are also not tolerated, and can result in sanctions against the players making the false reports.

We put the power of moderation in the hands of our players; you can make a difference in Wizard101.

When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assess the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions such as muting or banning and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just a egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Zeke do you agree that even though you can ge around the filter, it doesnt make it right? I see tons of people trying to curse by saying stuff like flock sheet and crop. And truthfully I think you should just remove these words from text chat(typing 17/-) sense they are used more for curse subs then what they actually mean

Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
I see tons of people trying to curse by saying stuff like flock sheet and crop.

Yeah, that is sadly right. As I see no use in the game chat for these words, they should be removed.

PS: Thanks for adding "french" in the word base :)

Explorer
May 23, 2009

That was the point i was trying to make

AlecVolterra wrote:
Zeke do you agree that even though you can ge around the filter, it doesnt make it right? I see tons of people trying to curse by saying stuff like flock sheet and crop. And truthfully I think you should just remove these words from text chat(typing 17/-) sense they are used more for curse subs then what they actually mean

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I really really hate how people can still swear. I report every single person I see swear. Will I get in trouble for reporting bunches of people for swearing?

ellie

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
they can't remove the word sheet, flock, or crop! or even cass at that matter! every word that people use to circumvent the filter are common words, and without them, we would have more difficulty trying to communicate! and like zeke said, report someone if they use those words.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I see the getting around the swearing a lot as well. I normally tell them to watch there language or what would your mom say if she heard you use language like that. That normallly works when we are playing together, but if it doesn't, I normally leave. I also always go to a perfect world, where there is less of a chance of finding this type of behavior.

Explorer
May 23, 2009
they are not normal words

MSS11 wrote:
they can't remove the word sheet, flock, or crop! or even cass at that matter! every word that people use to circumvent the filter are common words, and without them, we would have more difficulty trying to communicate! and like zeke said, report someone if they use those words.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
yes they are.

sheet of paper
flock of geese
growing crops on a farm

they ARE normal words