Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sir Reginold Baxby "The big game hunter"

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 21, 2009
I am just wondering the purpose of that zebra man that appears around the spiral (I think his name was sir reginald baxby). He appears in the first three worlds, but is not included in any quests. The only time he appears to do something is when you defeat rattlebones on unicorn way. He gives you a tip that tells you that he is a boss monster (but his health is to small to be called a boss) and that he drops special loot. After that he is never heard from again. He doesn't appear in every world like Prospecter Zeke because he is only in the first three worlds. Can some one please explain why he is in the game? I only have to grands so he might be part of a school quest I don't know about. If you know why he is there, please tell.

Sir Reginald Baxby is stoically awaiting orders from Merle Ambrose.
Until then, he watches over the streets of some of the worlds of the Spiral to ensure they are safe for all young Wizards.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
Adherent
May 20, 2010
That should separate thread.

I believe that Diego teaches the advanced combat tutorial to wizards and also redeems Arena tickets.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
I've been wondering the same thing for awhile too. What is he for?

Asked and answered in this same thread,

Sir Reginald Baxby is stoically awaiting orders from Merle Ambrose.
Until then, he watches over the streets of some of the worlds of the Spiral to ensure they are safe for all young Wizards.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Hero
May 19, 2009
Orca wrote:
Will we ever have a quest from him?

During our Beta period (a time before a game is launched to the public) invited players could preview the game.

At that time, Baxby had a quest. Since then, that quest was turned into simple badge rewards for defeating large numbers of the same creature.

-greyrose