Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

There's a reason Wild Bolt was created

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 30, 2009
Okay, now, you all complain that a storm wizard is dueling you, and uses constant Wild Bolts over and over again (commonly known as bolting). Well, this can be very frustrating, especially when you remind yourself that it is 10% accuracy and 1000 damage at a rank 2. Well, there's a reason they made this spell and put it into the game. They didnt just make it to make everyone miserable. Wild Bolt is there because storm has low health, and if they didn't have it, they would be dead. But they made it lower accuracy than triton, which is almost the same damage as wild bolt. But why? Wild Bolt is of course at a lower rank, but remember, storm needs to survive. Why boost the rank of Wild Bolt to 6 or 7? Storm will usually rely on Triton, but their low health makes it difficult. So, it is low accuracy due to its low rank compared to its power, and it is a low rank for easy use to a storm wizard. in pvp, we have SO many ways to avoid wild bolt. First off, we can easily use shields, and while some storm wizards are able to use it as soon as the round starts, it will NOT kill, it is never strong enough to kill immediately without a blade or trap. You must always prepare to shield, and dispel. Shielding and dispelling the spell will lead to victory, as long as you don't fully focus on protecting. Eventually, a storm wizard will revert to a triton, however, you must know ho to protect.

Anyway, in conclusion, they made wild bolt because of storm's low health and low survival rate, not to anger us in pvp.

By the way, people who bolt a lot are not considered "bolt noobs"

Survivor
Nov 01, 2008
i think that people who use wild bolt back to back just can not play a real game of pvp and yes i do like how you put it and do not forget storm does not have a damage over time spell to get rid of shields like fire elfs frost bite poison and such skills

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
jwild wrote:
i think that people who use wild bolt back to back just can not play a real game of pvp and yes i do like how you put it and do not forget storm does not have a damage over time spell to get rid of shields like fire elfs frost bite poison and such skills

They do buts its only item cards. Storm elf. And storm hound. Though wild bolt but it is hard to admit that fire elf does more damage with one fire shield then bolt has with one. Though, bolting wizards just do not know how to pvp. They need a way where they are unbeatable and makes others wizards very annoyed.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
yes! i agree! people who use wild bolt are suggesting that they have no good other spells. However it is useful for strategy in pvp... so it has to be used... well, not HAS to be used, just SHOULD be used

Survivor
Jul 24, 2010
MSS11 wrote:
yes! i agree! people who use wild bolt are suggesting that they have no good other spells. However it is useful for strategy in pvp... so it has to be used... well, not HAS to be used, just SHOULD be used

I agree with this statement to a point.

I am a Storm wizard, level 38. I only use wild bolt (but not the Treasure Card version, the one you get as you level up) on a person that constantly attacks me. I have a preference to using other spells though. Main draw back on Wild Bolt is the 10% chance of hitting. I know if you use certain clothes and other stuff you can increase chances of a good hit. But, I agree that people who use that spell only are annoying. And without exploring other options, I doubt they will ever really enjoy this game.

My #1 recommendation to other Storm players, use Training points at other schools & expand your arsenol, rather then limiting yourself to Wild Bolt, Tempest and Kraken. Those cards are too predictable for those of us in Storm School.