Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Normal Pets Should have Hybrids too!

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2010
I am very very disappointed at the fact that only Promo pets (Pioneer Dragon, Fog Unicorn) and School pets (Helephant, Wraith, Satyr etc.) can make a hybrid.

What happened to the millions of pet combination?! As far as I know, there isn't even 30!

Normal pets like dropped pets and shop pets should be able to make hybrids too! Each pet should be able to make at least 1 hybrid each! It could be the result of two blue cyclopses or a stray piggle with a gamer piggle!

Please respond KI and explain this! :-(

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
First of all, the millions of combinations means that any stats could be applied to any pet, if they made millions of hybrids, and it took them even 1 second to make a new pet, that would be over 12 days of non-stop pet making.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I too wish that boss drop pets could make hybrids. I would love to see what an orthos and skeleton warrior would make

ellie

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
By millions they meant trait mixing wise, and we dont know if there are other hybrids yet, due to lack of trying

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
first of all you basicly dont know that one level 48 pet can make to hybrids second of all do you know how STRESSFUL it would be for KI to make more then 900 hybrids and pets

hunter legendwraith level50 necromancer

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
Well Junebug its seems you are wrong, the combination of the same two pets are always a new creation. So you could get an adult dragon and mix it with another then you could mix that mix with the mix of dragon+dragon, and so on.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
They might do that in the future but remember it's not easy thinking of all the combonations and the ablity of the pets could have and what the pets could look like and plus there busy with finishing up celestia right now they cant worry about making every pet have a hybrid but we just have to be patient and wait and see if they will make more hybrids.

Community Leader

I totally agree. I did post on here about it as well but never got a straight reply. All I got was a off the point reply about something else in my post. :-(

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
First of all I heardy that if you combine a fire elf and an evil snowman pets that you get an ice elf (I have not confirmed this, it was just something a friend told me). If KI were to make a hybrid for every single pet there would never be any more pets made because all of the ideas would have already been used, or the pet hybrids would look horrible and have no usefull skills or talents what-so-ever. Also, if they did make some hybrids for normal pets they would have to extremely lower the chance that you will get a pet from a boss, and more than likely KI would make it so that all bought pets would not have a combination.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
Normal pets can make hybrids, e.g. bloodbat and firecat makes firebat. I believe there are more "hybrid" pets like this waiting to be discovered.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
hebs470 wrote:
Well Junebug its seems you are wrong, the combination of the same two pets are always a new creation. So you could get an adult dragon and mix it with another then you could mix that mix with the mix of dragon+dragon, and so on.

Only for the promo pets.

Defender
May 02, 2010
I understand the fact that stat mixing makes a pet with different stats, but not an entirely different pet.

Defender
Feb 05, 2010
And also considering unlimited hybreeds. Like a collosus and a stormzilla equals a Icezilla. Then the guys who got the icezilla could mix with a grimzilla then whatever equals that plus that equals this.
Lucas drakebloom
Level 47
Sword saint
Ice wizard

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
i'm not sure sure if each pet had its own hybrid it wouldnt really be special

Community Leader
I think you guys missed the point of this whole trend lol!

Pet Hatchery is for what? Just school and crown pet hatching? That is BORING. We have TEN MILLION CUSTOMERS on this website. Do you think EVERYONE would be happy with making same boring pets after a few months? NO!

And they did state "MILLIONS of combinations" which is not true at all. This should be changed because they raised the hope of always finding something new for MONTHS.

Or someone from KI should answer our questions! For once!

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
cheyinza wrote:
I think you guys missed the point of this whole trend lol!

Pet Hatchery is for what? Just school and crown pet hatching? That is BORING. We have TEN MILLION CUSTOMERS on this website. Do you think EVERYONE would be happy with making same boring pets after a few months? NO!

And they did state "MILLIONS of combinations" which is not true at all. This should be changed because they raised the hope of always finding something new for MONTHS.

Or someone from KI should answer our questions! For once!

Millions of combinations is true, just not in the way we thought it would be.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
Junebug838 wrote:
I am very very disappointed at the fact that only Promo pets (Pioneer Dragon, Fog Unicorn) and School pets (Helephant, Wraith, Satyr etc.) can make a hybrid.

What happened to the millions of pet combination?! As far as I know, there isn't even 30!

Normal pets like dropped pets and shop pets should be able to make hybrids too! Each pet should be able to make at least 1 hybrid each! It could be the result of two blue cyclopses or a stray piggle with a gamer piggle!

Please respond KI and explain this! :-(

i agree, but only pets that are dropped by bosses, not ones that you can buy in the pet store..

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
I have to say that would be amazing, it would be the icing on the cake for this game, but being realistic the number of pets KI would have to make would be unimagineable. To figure out how many pets that is, find out how many pets are in the game all together not including pets that could be made into hybrids, then take the number of pets times that number but minus one. for example: 4 pets times x 3 pets combos for all 4 pets = 12 possible mixes. Now use that for all the pets in wizard101 and the number will be unbelievable. I wish it was possible because that would be amazing, so many unique pets.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
minxymoo wrote:
Normal pets can make hybrids, e.g. bloodbat and firecat makes firebat. I believe there are more "hybrid" pets like this waiting to be discovered.

First of all, firecat and bloodbat do NOT make a hybrid. You get the firebat from a boss in GH. Second of all, KI did not make hybrids for normal pets because it would be almost impossible to come up with all those combinations, and because it would take forever, and then Celestia wouldn't come out until 2014.

Devin Dragonflame, Level 50 Fire Wizard