Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Oh Quit Complaining

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 20, 2009
THIS IS EXATLY WHAT ME AN YELLOW SAID (different post). Once your done with chain stunning you'll move to judgement and dragon and scarecrow and power nova. Yes they are good cards, yes you lost because they had a good strategy, GET OVER IT! All you people complaining about people having a good strategy SO WHAT use it for your own or even better counter it the make cards for that. Apperently all you people need to win 100% and if someone has a good strategy you complain i'm balance
but balance isnt that strong most of the time its hard to solo hydra is hard to power up hydra barely does any damage when i power it up to the max. Judgement is my only power house i dont have feint so my only buffs for judgement is hex, bladestorm, and balance blade. its not that strong anyway since my max pips are 7 just 7 if they are all power pips its 14 and with all three buffs it barely does enough damge. So stop complaining about someone with a good strategy you lost figure out how to couter the strategy or turn it around for your own good. BUT no you need to come right here and complain and whine and KI just gives in because they dont want to lose customers. Its YOU COMPLAINERS THAT ARE RUINING A FUN GAME. No its not fun to lose but you will lose once and a while its not all that bad instead of complaining you could be using that strategy for your own

I know balance is a good pvp school its one of the best so just suck it up and lose

Zachary Lotussword LvL 47 balance
Eric Windsword LvL 21 storm

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Whatever point you were trying to make about whiners came across as an actual whine of your own. Try remaining calm,and post something coherent that supports your opinions. You might also want to try and use better grammar and punctuation. You pretty much made the entire post one run-on sentence,which dilutes the content,and makes it difficult to understand,or to agree with for that matter.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
I agree, a lot of people do QQ over chain stunning. They do have good reason to. It isnt right to be able to completely handicap a team. It being removed somehow will greatly improve the enjoyment of pvp. BUT people who complain about actual spells like judgement and or other glass damage cards is pretty rediculous. They are just ignorant of how to defend themselves against balance wizards/ other schools. Such as spam shielding when the opponent have no pips, blades, or traps. Only allowing the opponent to take them off with no damage done. Everything is perfectly fine but the chain stunning. Pvp is suppose to be a test of skill, not a time where you get chained and go off to watch a movie or something until its over because your unable to do anything. If they were actually thinking the chain stunners would stun one turn then wipe the team out the next, not what usually happens. Go go go, start attacking this post

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
i agree, i am tired of people complaining about all this, BALANCE THIS and BALANCE THAT

Explorer
May 22, 2009
Listen listen, i read over this, and i think that i see the main issue.

While i was reading this, i got the sense that YOU were having some strategy and deck building issues, and having a friend that helped me through the game that was balance, he told me some tups for whenever i created a balance character.

PVE and storyline: while you are going along trying to defeat malistaire, you will probably have to solo some. This is just part of the game. The thing that confuses me, is that balance is supposed to be the EASIEST school to solo. This is mainly because you have balanced health, lots of power pips, and good boosts. I thought about deck construction for balance, and I came up with this (this is for levels 48 and up, not including grand gear) :

2 judgement, one elemental minion, one balance minion, 2 hydra, 2 elemtal trap, 2 elemental blade, 2 balance blade, 2 blademaster, 2 hex, 2 elemental storm, 2 elemental shield, 2 spirit shield, 1 spirit trap, 3 tower shield, 2 feint, 4 power nova.

This should be your deck for PVE, because the judgement can be used to quickly dispose of enemies, the hydra to lay down some power, all the boosts for boosting, and the minions for assistance. Balance really shouldnt be that hard to solo.

PVP: Now, it sounds to me like you are struggling. I asked a friend of mine about it, and they said everything that i already knew. Just to keep the opponent from killing you until you get a strong judgement then take them down. So here's the deck you should use in the arena.

2 judgement, 2 hex, 2 balance blade, 2 spirit trap, 2 weakness, 2 elemental trap, 2 blademaster, 2 tower shield.

Its an incredibly small deck, so you should NEVER discard a single spell. This deck will just build up the power of judgement, and with about a 20% boost to balance, and about 1200 damage base, with 30%, 25%, and 20% boosts, it shouldnt be hard to defeat them. Just keep boosting and protecting until you can end them. Feint is always a no-no in the arena, because you put a trap on yourself while using it, and that could be the difference in the battle.

Hope this deck building stuff helps you and all other balance out there.

I do agree though, that everything is true. People are complaining about thing after thing (although some of these things are unfair, like the 50% balance shields costing no pips) but the real spells that are getting tons of complaining are:

1v1 : bolt, judgement
2v2 : bolt, storm lord, beguile
3v3 : storm lord, beguile
4v4 : stuns, beguile, storm lord, earthquake

everyone understands bolt, judgement, stuns, and storm lord, so those dont need explaining. However, beguile and earthquake are real issues. beguile is an issue to some people (i dont use beguile) because when you use beguile people just pass. It made my list because it has seuddenly recieved a lot of attention. The thing about it is, its their choice to attack or not, so this shouldnt even be here probably. Just use it on a storm and hope that they're using storm lord. Also earthquake, because it removes all stun shields. This makes it so you can almost chain stun again. But, you still cant because it takes too long to charge.

THats really all i have to say. Thanks for reading, and hope it helps someone out there.

Survivor
May 20, 2009
yellow867 wrote:
Listen listen, i read over this, and i think that i see the main issue.

While i was reading this, i got the sense that YOU were having some strategy and deck building issues, and having a friend that helped me through the game that was balance, he told me some tups for whenever i created a balance character.

PVE and storyline: while you are going along trying to defeat malistaire, you will probably have to solo some. This is just part of the game. The thing that confuses me, is that balance is supposed to be the EASIEST school to solo. This is mainly because you have balanced health, lots of power pips, and good boosts. I thought about deck construction for balance, and I came up with this (this is for levels 48 and up, not including grand gear) :

2 judgement, one elemental minion, one balance minion, 2 hydra, 2 elemtal trap, 2 elemental blade, 2 balance blade, 2 blademaster, 2 hex, 2 elemental storm, 2 elemental shield, 2 spirit shield, 1 spirit trap, 3 tower shield, 2 feint, 4 power nova.

This should be your deck for PVE, because the judgement can be used to quickly dispose of enemies, the hydra to lay down some power, all the boosts for boosting, and the minions for assistance. Balance really shouldnt be that hard to solo.

PVP: Now, it sounds to me like you are struggling. I asked a friend of mine about it, and they said everything that i already knew. Just to keep the opponent from killing you until you get a strong judgement then take them down. So here's the deck you should use in the arena.

2 judgement, 2 hex, 2 balance blade, 2 spirit trap, 2 weakness, 2 elemental trap, 2 blademaster, 2 tower shield.

Its an incredibly small deck, so you should NEVER discard a single spell. This deck will just build up the power of judgement, and with about a 20% boost to balance, and about 1200 damage base, with 30%, 25%, and 20% boosts, it shouldnt be hard to defeat them. Just keep boosting and protecting until you can end them. Feint is always a no-no in the arena, because you put a trap on yourself while using it, and that could be the difference in the battle.

Hope this deck building stuff helps you and all other balance out there.

I do agree though, that everything is true. People are complaining about thing after thing (although some of these things are unfair, like the 50% balance shields costing no pips) but the real spells that are getting tons of complaining are:

1v1 : bolt, judgement
2v2 : bolt, storm lord, beguile
3v3 : storm lord, beguile
4v4 : stuns, beguile, storm lord, earthquake

everyone understands bolt, judgement, stuns, and storm lord, so those dont need explaining. However, beguile and earthquake are real issues. beguile is an issue to some people (i dont use beguile) because when you use beguile people just pass. It made my list because it has seuddenly recieved a lot of attention. The thing about it is, its their choice to attack or not, so this shouldnt even be here probably. Just use it on a storm and hope that they're using storm lord. Also earthquake, because it removes all stun shields. This makes it so you can almost chain stun again. But, you still cant because it takes too long to charge.

THats really all i have to say. Thanks for reading, and hope it helps someone out there.

1. Yellow you know and I know i was the balance guy
2.My deck is made on a different basis
3.The way I make my deck because i dont have feint makes it better with other people
4.i messed up with the schools so i dont have tower shield either besides my treasure cards
5.So if that strategy was meant for me thx for trying but no thx

Survivor
May 20, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:
Whatever point you were trying to make about whiners came across as an actual whine of your own. Try remaining calm,and post something coherent that supports your opinions. You might also want to try and use better grammar and punctuation. You pretty much made the entire post one run-on sentence,which dilutes the content,and makes it difficult to understand,or to agree with for that matter.

I dont rely care about correct grammer and punctuation but you are right I went back and fixed as much as I saw. I made that when i was rely mad because i looked around at the pvp section and just saw complaint after complaint and got mad. Sry if my point was a little fuzzy i was just rely mad
:(

Explorer
May 22, 2009
Well jtip, no offense, but if you're going to be saying that balance is hard to solo, and that its really hard and so on, you do kinda need to use this deck. This style of deck allows you to shield and stay on top of the battle, while also being on the offensive at all times. If you don't have the cards, i seriously reccomned that you get them, otherwise you will have a difficult time battling in the arena with the normal balance strategy, which is the only the one that works. Another tip is to keep your deck small and elite. Get your cards fast and keep the battle fast. That always makes soloing easier, and also dont keep cards higher than 4 pips to another school in your deck, becacuse it takes as much as twice as long to use one.

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
Firefrog16 wrote:
i agree, i am tired of people complaining about all this, BALANCE THIS and BALANCE THAT
me too

Survivor
May 20, 2009
Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
yea i think some people should stop complaining about judgment and pvp

the more you practice the better you will become in pvp

destiny d. lv 31 fire wizard