Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

k

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 15, 2009
your just invjting wild bolt and judgement trolls here aren't you?

the dispells are so 1 school can't be uber.

sure lets get rid of dispells.
THIS would really be helpful for people.
some people rely on dispels on PvE not just PvP if we got rid of dispells the game would be imbalanced
in fact we need 1 more dispell for it to be fair and that is a balance dispell

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
if you think about it dispells are 100% shields on one person and it takes 2 pips to use them if its not your school. and besides do you really think someone is gonna go buy all the dispells just for the arena? just saying.

Historian
May 15, 2009
Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Dispells are around for a reason, yes they can be annoying, but they are more useful than annoying. If you are having such a hard time with them then look for a solution to work around them, I've never had a real problem with them myself and have found them useful when fighting powerful bosses.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
Dispells come with a two pip cost, whereas Black Mantle has roughly the same effect and costs you nothing to cast.
It all evens out.

Explorer
Nov 27, 2009
I like dispels. For me their main use is not in PvP. Dispels have an actual use in game fighting bosses and mobs. You can uses them to prevent a monster from shielding, which is very useful. For example, if a Death wizard is fighting a Life boss, then the death wizard can cast a Death Dispel so that the Life boss cannot shield.

KI, please do not let the complaints of a few people get to you. Dispels are fine just the way they are in my opinion, and I would like them to stay the same.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
dispell would be okay if cleanse would give four protections rather than one ane and did not have to be cast after having a negative placed upon you

Survivor
May 30, 2010
just because some people don`t like dis spells does not mean every one don`t like OK KI. if you want to dis spell spells just be a storm wizard.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
I am glad we have Dispells, We Should infact have more of them. Or lower the cost of them.

Dispells saved my hide many, many times on tough bosses.

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
I think that Dispells are a necessity in Wizard101. They help even things out and I also think that there should be one for balalce. I'm not trying to say that I hate balance wizards, I have one of my own. All I'm trying to say is that it would make things fair, and balance the schools out if balance had one.

TwinkleJinx wrote:
Dispells come with a two pip cost, whereas Black Mantle has roughly the same effect and costs you nothing to cast.
It all evens out.

Not true. Not only is a dispell a 100% fizzle, it also still takes the pips that would have been used had the dispell not been there. This is especially detrimental to people using X-rank spells like Judgement, Dryad, Annimate, Tempest, Heckhound, or Ice Armor.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
The only dispel they should remove would be life, sense like reshuffle life can and is probably used by every school