Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Second chance chest, bad change?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
I realized that those chests now give gold about 70% of the time. I didn't use my crowns to have more gold, and I hope it changes, since it makes farming harder.

Defender
Oct 14, 2009
Hero
May 19, 2009
They always give gold and at least one item. I've used those chests dozens maybe even a hundred times and i have never just received gold.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
no one wants gold for crowns, unless that gold is quite a lot and the crowns are very few spent... what players want are their school items and pets, as such Wizards101 would be well advised to increase such chest percentage chances for there isn't much of a point tossing more than 50 credits into a chest when chances to get what you are looking for don't improve at all, might as well run it over and over again rather than spending money on credits. For every next expensive credit cost, percentages of getting what you likely want should go up accordingly, then it would be more worth tossing in the credits for the increased chance.

Hero
May 19, 2009
seasnake wrote:
no one wants gold for crowns, unless that gold is quite a lot and the crowns are very few spent... what players want are their school items and pets, as such Wizards101 would be well advised to increase such chest percentage chances for there isn't much of a point tossing more than 50 credits into a chest when chances to get what you are looking for don't improve at all, might as well run it over and over again rather than spending money on credits. For every next expensive credit cost, percentages of getting what you likely want should go up accordingly, then it would be more worth tossing in the credits for the increased chance.

So you advise 50 crowns for a pet, sword or school gear? When the crown shop sells items such as these for thousands.

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
They do NOT just give gold when your backpack is full. I used the same one 3x last night and rec'd gold all 3 times. In all, I paid 300 crowns for less than 450 gold and 0 items. . . My backpack was not full and this marked the very last time I will ever use the chests.

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
I was wrong. My backpack was full. NVM my last post. THough I still don't see why it wouldn't give me an item and place it in my bank like anything else would do.