Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

crafting items are far too difficult to get

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 16, 2010
Crafting items are far too difficult to obtain. Take Diamonds and Black lotus. This is a very rare drop, and I am not running around for months collecting, just to make one ring.. Sorry, it ain't happen'n!! Crafting is a great idea.. but worth it? noooooooooooo!!! from this day forward, I hang up my crafting gloves and burn the crafting tables in the fireplace.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
well crafting is far from a casual part of the game. you have to consider what as a noob wizard you want to make for the next wizard you have cause when you finally make the average good stuff you are well beyond grand and ready to retire your current wizard.

crafting is a sport of gathering more than the person next to you. what you make is a trophy showing you are dedicated to put in the time energy and effort to craft something that people want but dont want to do.

yes its hard. its just the way it is. and therefore by nature it weeds out people who dont want to go through the extra hoops to craft something others want but dont have cause they dont craft.

I bet secretly the other crafters dont mind seeing you go cause its one more chance to get those hard reagents. So, the fewer crafters the better right.

the only two things beyond my grasp is the carousel cause you cant ride it and for all the reagents it takes and time to get them is not worth just a lawn ornament, and the house cause like the other houses are a non tradeable item and i arent going through all that unless i can take it to my next wizard. Especially since if i go through all that i will be more than ready to retire my current grand to start a new wizard.

Survivor
May 12, 2010
:( Where do I find the recipe for the Bright surcoat of the Paragon?

Survivor
May 12, 2010
I believe that the people who did these crafts love getting people to look. I like that too but help me locate the Black Pearls. I was told and found that some of the black lotus are the Rare Black Pearls.
My question is is there and easier way to get them.

Survivor
May 12, 2010
Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
markeis12 wrote:
Can so one help me find Black Pearls.

i agree i have been trying to find enough black pearls for the last two months? can some one please help with this?

Hero
May 27, 2009
1. Buy the transmute Black Pearl recipe from Toshio.
2. Go to the Tree of Life and upon entering, check around the temple area for Black Lotus. (or you can check the entire dungeon if you want and have time).
3. You should be able to find three or four Black Lotus spawns and occasionally a Black Pearl.
4. When you have 15 Lotus, you can transmute them into a Black Pearl on your Card Crafting Station.
6. Change realms and re-enter Tree of Life instance, repeat until you have your pearls.

Hope this helps.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
markeis12 wrote:
:( Where do I find the recipe for the Bright surcoat of the Paragon?

The myth item guy in Mooshu, he's a ninja pig.

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
Just as the guy above said to transmute black pearls (from black lotus), you transmute diamonds from ore.

I found the best place for ore is in Krokotopia. Cave of Sorrows is another good place, but be careful crossing those stone islands.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Bright surcoat of the paragon recipe can be found in Mooshu, in the village of Sorrow, from the ninja pig who sells myth recipes. He is standing near the teleport circle in the village. The recipe will require a bunch of black pearls, (15) so get on your farming boots, crafters. The transmute black lotus (into black pearls) spell will help a lot with this one, but as usual, it's a LOT of time spent, and only you can decide whether or not it's worth it.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
trackerd wrote:
Crafting items are far too difficult to obtain. Take Diamonds and Black lotus. This is a very rare drop, and I am not running around for months collecting, just to make one ring.

Diamonds can be transmuted from Ore. I forget who sells the Transmute Diamond recipe, but it might be the recipe vendor outside the shops in Mooshu. I think the ratio is 15 Ore -> 1 Diamond. Ore is pretty easily found, and frequently available in the Bazaar. I've been using this recipe for the first Dragonspyre crafting quest (Ring of Apotheosis, I think it is?) because I very rarely encounter Diamonds in the wild.

I forget whether Black Lotus can be transmuted, but it's farmed easily enough in Mooshu using the technique described above. Same for other "hard to find" reagents in their respective worlds. I used to think I'd never finish the crafting quest that required Scrap Iron - now I've not only finished it, but can play for an hour or so and wind up with two dozen pieces of it to sell at the Bazaar... where they're instantly snapped up by eager buyers. ;)

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
trackerd wrote:
Crafting items are far too difficult to obtain. Take Diamonds and Black lotus. This is a very rare drop, and I am not running around for months collecting, just to make one ring.. Sorry, it ain't happen'n!! Crafting is a great idea.. but worth it? noooooooooooo!!! from this day forward, I hang up my crafting gloves and burn the crafting tables in the fireplace.

the anthenum(sp) and dragonspyre academy are the best places to look for diamonds(currently in ore form) keep changing realms and avoid the farming meanies.
the village of sorrow is the place to find black lotus, take the teleports to each site, the blue, the green teleport look behind the teleport, in front of the wagon across the way by the rock, then go down the road and turn right and go to the end and change realms, just look in front of the wagon, behind the teleport and acroos the way by the rock and then go to oyotomi the defiler and change realms. you should have your black lotus by the end of the week.