Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Emperor's Retreat Major Issues

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I just finished fighting both princes in the Emperor's retreat, and it told me to go talk to Shalek the Wise, but he was not there. Like, the quest arrow led me up to a blank spot in space. No one was there, it didn't give me any option to talk, nothing popped up.

So I decided to go ahead and kill Krokotep, so I did, and then it told me to go talk to him again. He still wasn't there, so I left and cam back again and he was there again. But when I talked to him, he told me to go kill the princes and defeat Krokotep...AGAIN!

I just spent the past two hours battling these guys, I am not about to do it again. Please, someone, tell me what is going on. Why is my game acting like this? Is there anything I can do to change it? I am so frustrated right now.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
When you first enter, Shalek is standing near the entrance. After you defeat the 2 princes, you back to Shalek and he'll tell you to meet him at the frozen lake. After you talk to him there, you'll be sent on a couple of quests to help out the manders. Each time you are ask to talk to Shalek, he will be at the same place on the frozen lake. Eventually, he'll tell you to go after Krokhotep. Once you've defeated Krokhotep (as a quest), you will be ask to talk to Shalek again. This time you will find him back at the Entrance Hall.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
thing is, when i defeated krokotep, he wasn't in the entranc hall or the frozen lake.

well, i started over and everything is fine now. i don't know what happened. thank for the help though.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Also depending on some areas, (Dragonspyre is known for this) If you follow some quest arrow to some NPC, Even though the arrow shows you are right on top of the NPC and no one is there, Check Higher, or Lower levels, if possible.

As far as Shalek the Wise goes he will stay at the Frozen Lake for a few quest, eventuly near the end of the chain, I think he will be in the main area where you first confronted him.