Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

and fire has a negative how?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 07, 2009
matvince90 wrote:
Every school has its strong and weak points. For fire, some of them include:

Strong:

+With damage over time, you can easily break shields, and the damage does eventually add up.
+Fire is, overall, the second strongest school in the game.

Weak:

-With damage over time, it makes it very hard to trap. Spells like feint are only useful for 1 hit spells, like Helephant, but aren't very good for spells like Heckhound or Scald.
-Fire has the second lowest base health and the second lowest base accuracy.
HEY i dont have a low health we have good clothing i level 40 and i have 2085 health and 396 mana SO DONT JUDGE ME! i got the best i can get out of for me!!!!

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
thunderbird120 wrote:
compare 6 pip spells damage, then get back to me.
Heh, compare X pip spells then get back to me fire with all powr pip is 1750 over 3 rounds storm's is only 1190

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
bravevline wrote:
thunderbird120 wrote:
compare 6 pip spells damage, then get back to me.
Heh, compare X pip spells then get back to me fire with all powr pip is 1750 over 3 rounds storm's is only 1190

Yeah, but Tempest does it to all enemies. Heckhound does it only to one enemy.

Tempest: Storm X pip to all enemy spell

Heckhound: Fire X pip to one enemy spell
8)

Learn the facts, first.

Elizabeth MistLeaf

Ice/Fire

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
jenyfiregirl wrote:
matvince90 wrote:
Every school has its strong and weak points. For fire, some of them include:

Strong:

+With damage over time, you can easily break shields, and the damage does eventually add up.
+Fire is, overall, the second strongest school in the game.

Weak:

-With damage over time, it makes it very hard to trap. Spells like feint are only useful for 1 hit spells, like Helephant, but aren't very good for spells like Heckhound or Scald.
-Fire has the second lowest base health and the second lowest base accuracy.
HEY i dont have a low health we have good clothing i level 40 and i have 2085 health and 396 mana SO DONT JUDGE ME! i got the best i can get out of for me!!!!

Calm down. Fire still has second lowest health, ask an expert. Just because YOU have 'higher' health doesn't mean anything.

Elizabeth MistLeaf

Master of Ice (Ice/Fire)

3,406 health

Defender
May 11, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
Cause fire needs to trap 3x as many as other schools, the DoT is weak (Fire Dragon does 151 other 3 rounds). There is one basic flaw right there.
no the total damage of fire dragon is 791: 440+351 over 3 rounds

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
A few words of wisdom:
All schools of the Spiral have their strengths and thier weaknesses. For no school is better than the other. Each school has a their own strategy and each wizard has their own twist to it. For no wizard is stronger than another but a group of 4 wizards from different schools, with different strategy, and very different personalities, are undefeatable.

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
eggywig wrote:
A few words of wisdom:
All schools of the Spiral have their strengths and thier weaknesses. For no school is better than the other. Each school has a their own strategy and each wizard has their own twist to it. For no wizard is stronger than another but a group of 4 wizards from different schools, with different strategy, and very different personalities, are undefeatable.

I think we hear that a lot, and know that by now. :|

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
firesword52 wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
please, allow me, Paul IronFlame, level 50 grandmaster PYROMANCER to help settle this discussion. fire is not, in any way, weak. look at the damage dealt by a fire dragon (440+351 over 3 rounds to all enemies) to storm lord (690 and stun to all enemies) the result: dragon deals 791. storm lord deals 690. dragon deals 101 (ironic, dont you think?) damage more then storm lord. but why am i saying this? if we could work together and NOT fight about this, and finally come to terms with the fact that all schools are equal (dragon may deal more damage, but it doesnt stun!) we could finally accomplish anything we want, without our beliefs of who is better. anyway, cya in the spiral!
thank you bionaknight, i suppose this is settled unless anyone else has objections, i suppose its not the best but still, in my eyes, not the worst at anything like any other school

I have something to say to this. Yes, fire dragon does deal more base damage, but it's extremely hard for fire dragon, and other Damage over Time spells, to take the full advantage of traps. The fact that storm lord does 690 damage in ONE hit makes it easier to be stronger than fire dragon.

I'm only saying that because I do believe that storm school is in fact STRONGER than fire school, but stronger does NOT mean better.

Like you said, each school has advantages and disadvantages. I would never say that any school is better than another.

I would also like to say that, strength-wise, fire school is very strong, and as most would say, including myself, is the second strongest school in the game. :)

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
firesword52 wrote:
LetterBee wrote:
well most fire wizards should know that fire has less health (not the least) and a slightly lower accuracy (not the worst)
Scarlet RedThorn grandmaster fire
Chris DeathBringer magus life lvl 34
yes, not the worst or least so technically not a flaw in my mind

Let's put it this way. Having a D is not the lowest grade possible, but it's still bad. Having an F is worse, but having a D is still bad. That's how it is with Fire's life and accuracy; bad, but not the worst, therefore it's still a flaw/weakness.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
] i find that insulting. i have been able to beat grandmasters in 5 schools that mastered their secondaries. not bragging or anything.

Sorry you find it insulting, but what I said about Fire is true, especially the PVP part. I have the experience playing through them and against them. Many GM's from all schools and many retired. The reality of the PVP world is just that, fire is a weak school in PVP. If you have competent players on both sides, fire is at a disadvantage. Look at the all the decent/major PVP tourneys that happen, how many are won by fire, a big fat zero. How many in the finals, semis, or the quarter finals even, zero. Reality is what it is, until someone can figure out a strategy to make fire competent, it will remain the whipping boy in PVP.

As for PVE, you can find many, many fire school and other GM's that will back up what I say. Heck even in the Pyromancers club there are a ton of people who love fire but will tell you the same thing. As I said before, it is what it is.