Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Epic pets should get to pick their last skill

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 17, 2010
It seems to me you spend weeks getting to epic and then get something like +25 str or equally useless is really a let down. There needs to be a way to reroll the last ability or atleast get a pick of 3 random abilities at epic. At the very least you should be able to do like you do with gear where you can use one look but the others stats. Here is why.

Right now I have an epic Pale Maiden with Death Shot, Death Giver, Feinting Spell, and Crafty 3 of 4 awsome abilities. I have an adult Wraith with well trained (+25 agl +25 will) and Astute (+25 Int). It seems ashame I'll never be able to use my 48 Pet because his abilities are so poor.

Also why should you be pigeon holed to which pet you use? You should be able to run around with any look you want. I think Losing a pet to transpose it stats on to another is fair like was done with gear.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2010
Same thing happened with my storm wolf and cloud demon. Very high score pets that end up being uselss after much time/gold/crowns wasted. Pets feel like gambling to me at this point.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I'm in favor of every pet being able to pick their last ability, but for all pets to be able to have five talents on both sides instead of four. Once a pet hits ancient and has all four of its abilities randomly chosen, as a reward for spending all the time and effort for raising the pet up players should be given the opportunity to choose the very last talent from what is left.

Survivor
May 22, 2010
//Signed//

I just spent hours farming a Death Cyclops and then hours leveling it to Ancient only to end up with three useless stat increase talents. Even just one Rare talent like Death Giver or Death Shot would have made the effort worth it, but this is just infuriating.

Defender
May 02, 2010
Agreed. I got my Wraith to Ancient, and the only good abilities it has is Health Gift and useless Mana Gift. Now I have almost 2900 Health and over 550 Mana.

Right now I'm desperately searching for a storm pet that gives the Storm Shot ability.