Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

death misses more than it should in a pinch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
i have been really angry lately death has an 85% chance of hitting and most of the time it misses when i am about to die or it's my first death attack of the battle why is this and also satyr also misses more than 90% of the time. is there a reason to this?

Survivor
Jun 06, 2010

Yes, it's called Murphy's law. Whatever can go wrong will, and at the worst possable time. I play death as well and have been saved by a well timed enemy fizzle as much as I have died to one of my own. I have had six plus fizzles in a row and I have managed to cast with a -40% accuracy debuff on me. It is totally and completely random, just be glad you aren't storm or fire.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
sonic98123 wrote:
i have been really angry lately death has an 85% chance of hitting and most of the time it misses when i am about to die or it's my first death attack of the battle why is this and also satyr also misses more than 90% of the time. is there a reason to this?

Get over it! 85% is actually pretty good!

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
Today i was at the tomb of storms with my friend wolf dragonstorm.then we were battling one of the ahinic famliy members i said i like the Djesrt family he got mad and said i will kill you jack.We went to pet pavvilon an killed me we battled at the areana he won.i started to insault him and in one of my insaults was stop talking like malistaire!and hes said dont insault MY MASTER he got of my group and buddy list and dissapeard.I reported him.Does anyone belive me ! i asked all my friends to help and nooo the wouldent this is crazy!! -jackstormhammer :(

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
sonic98123 wrote:
no

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
catboy2197 wrote:
sonic98123 wrote:

not it it fizzles 50% of the time!

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
yea i figured it was just a really bad stroke of luck :P gotta hate it when you fizzle more than you should

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
sonic98123 wrote:
catboy2197 wrote:
sonic98123 wrote:

not it it fizzles 50% of the time!

What? It works 85% of the time, it fizzles 15% of the time. That isn't bad. I think you got a little confused there.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
catboy what i meant was i was exaggerating i know it misses 15% of the time but it SEEMS as if it misses more than that

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
sonic98123 wrote:
catboy what i meant was i was exaggerating i know it misses 15% of the time but it SEEMS as if it misses more than that

Be glad you aren't a storm wizard. Death has good accuracy. Get over it.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
catboy again why are you so mad i am simply expressing my opinion about death fizzling and all you say is ''get over it'' ''be glad your not a storm wizard well i do have a grandmaster storm wizard and he hardly EVER misses :? storm wizards aren't the only wizards who fizzle you know

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
sonic98123 wrote:
catboy again why are you so mad i am simply expressing my opinion about death fizzling and all you say is ''get over it'' ''be glad your not a storm wizard well i do have a grandmaster storm wizard and he hardly EVER misses :? storm wizards aren't the only wizards who fizzle you know

I'm not mad, but Death school has the second most accuracy, almost as much as life. I know storm wizards aren't the "only ones that fizzle," but they have the least accuracy. Death, on the other hand, does not, it has 15% more accuracy than storm. Everyone fizzles once in a while, there's nothing you can do about it. No school is perfect, but as I said before, 85% accuracy is actually very good. Statistically, you do not fizzle more than or as much as a storm wizard. It just seems that way to you. You should be grateful that you are fortunate enough to have that kind of accuracy. It wouldn't be fair if anything about the schools were changed because of what one person didn't like. And death's accuracy is good, so, as I have said before, get over it.

Defender
May 31, 2010
I play death too , and yeah somedays its like my deck is just fizzle happy. Seems to happen more often when I cast a spell that I have multiples of showing in my deck.
Now what I have done , in order to help me when I am in a pinch and can't afford to fizzle , is to create treasure cards of my wraith spell and keep them in the deck for back up. I just buy a ton of keen eyes , and go over to unicorn way and make up the cards.
So now when I am fighting a boss or in a dungeon and dont want to take a chance of a fizzle , I have a 95% wraith card waiting in my deck. So far , none of them have fizzled on me.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
I have no idea, Life healing spells should never fizzle. But life has a very high rate, and its one of the schools that hardly ever fizzle. And Satyr doesnt fizzle, EVER to me. Some luck.

"With the power of Fire, Ice, Storm, Myth, Life, Death, and Balance, you will win. Flames apon your eyes, seal the frost, control the sea's, summon creatures by memorizing their true name, healing to victory, stealing health, and blading, with the power...A true Wizard can be.
Bring A Wave in your life! WaveBringer."

There is no such thing as bad luck.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
catboy i'm not looking at it statically i'm looking at it on how i do in game play and yes sometimes i do miss a whole bunch

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
sonic98123 wrote:
catboy i'm not looking at it statically i'm looking at it on how i do in game play and yes sometimes i do miss a whole bunch

Well there's absolutely nothing anyone can do about that. It happens to everyone. You'll be fine.