Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The First Five Levels of Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 20, 2010
dathansc wrote:
After you've reached master or grandmaster status with one wizard, there should be something unlocked on your account that lets you skip the first 5-15 levels with a new wizard. Some of the early stuff gets tedious because there isn't much strategy involved (level 1 spell, level 1 spell, level 1 spell, etc) and it would be nice to skip it.

The new wizard could start out as your grandmaster's already partially trained apprentice, or something like that, to keep the storyline intact. Importantly, the new wizard would inherit your friend list, so that you can enjoy a new wizard without losing track of your friends.

Only for those who've reached level 45 or something like that. Everyone should earn their way through at least once.

Love this idea! I start characters and do them to about Lv5 and then HATE having to do FC Ally, Cyclops Lane, and so on!
*vouches*

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Baker1384 wrote:
I would suggest the following:

1 - Move the "Advanced Combat" tutorial provided by Diego to a lower level.
2 - Provide more detail on the various schools to all students, to help with choosing your primary school and your secondary schools. I would do this in two parts:
A) During creation when you you select your school, some more detail, perhaps a paragraph on strengths and weaknesses of each school.
B) During the "Ravenwood Tour" the professors could go into more detail about the strengths and weaknesses of their schools.
3 - Mention the other worlds so players know how many there are, and how they fit into the overall storyline.
4 - Provide another advanced training that includes school specific attack/defense strategies (perhaps after level 10) for non-PvP combat.
I think that the second advanced combat for level 10 IS A GREAT IDEA! but maybe there should be another one for lvl 15!
hunter lvl 38 [near lvl 39] pyromancer hope to see ya'll in the game!

Survivor
Dec 28, 2009
bubba1997216 wrote:
i think in the tutorial you should help each wizard by letting them know what the weakness is to each school 'cause i had trouble figuring that out until kroktopia.
same here

Survivor
Dec 28, 2009
Cpu3 wrote:
i wish i knew about accuracy, when i first played i didn't even know what taht 75% was doing on my card, i didn't find out that it had to do with fizzling until late krokotopia. There should be tips on accuracy, it prevents wizards from gettting frustarated, this will help them understand the game more and to keep their eyes peeled on the little things :)
see the same thing happened to me because when i did find out i had just gotten to triten avenue so i expected my thundersnake spell(from my wand)to fizzle most of the time and my imp to always work and the rest of them to mabe work.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Add an explanation of how to discard spells in battle. I didn't learn this skill, maybe I'm just slow, until my life grand was in Marleybone. Needless to say, it took a LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG time for her to fight every battle until I learned how to discard spells so that I could find what I wanted to cast.

Iridian Shadowweaver, Grandmaster Theurgist
Rowan Earthsong, Grandmaster Sorceress
Scarlet Ravensong, Master Pyromancer
Alexandria Dreamwalker, Adept Conjurer

Survivor
Aug 23, 2010
When you get treasure cards from quests, DO NOT SELL THEM. I had no idea what they were. :(

Survivor
Aug 23, 2010
Honeybee313 wrote:
Change "Dueling Diego's" encouragement where he says something about "Remember, when you see others dueling, jump right in there and help out. There's power in numbers (or whatever he says)."

Maybe he could say "when you see someone in a duel, ask if they would like some help. Sometimes they do but sometimes they don't."

Oh I know, I've been there! I hate when you're fighting an enemy and they have like 30 left then sombody joins in. Its not a waste of my time, but of theirs. It happens to me a lot and I feel really sorry for the person coming in.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Theres only 2 things right now that bugg me, being reported for something you didn't do is first, so the other day i was just going to the bazaar, and i was reported for CURSING, when i havent talked one time during the game yet! and second is, there should b a thing like a Mb cop where your at if theres other peoples in the battle, cause i've heard that there were some jerks in a realm that said, " This is our realm, get out or we'll report u!" So the cops could be like, a watch dude and if he sees that people are being jerkish, he is like fined, maybe 400-500 gold, and if there broke, they go to "jail" for a day. Carlos Crocaller-Lvl 60 Diviner Luke Skywalker-Lvl 51 Life Brian Firespear-Lvl 16 fire

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
When I was lvls. 1-5 I definitely wish I knew that it actually cost money to progress in Wizard 101. I was actually really steamed when I went up to Cyclops Lane and it said you needed 750 crowns or a subscription. That left me off of Wizard 101 for a long time. Then I eventually payed for some crowns and moved on. At around lvl.19 I got stuck again. Then I got a membership and sucsessfully moved on again. Right now I still have that membership and am happily battling in MooShu.
Ethan Iceblood lvl.32 life wizard

Survivor
Jun 24, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:
We want to know if there's anything you know about Wizard101 now, that you wish you'd known in those first five levels of the game.

Is there anything missing from the tutorial or the first five levels that you feel is important information?

Let us know by replying to this post!
I didn't know how to equip stuff& I didn't know how to add friends.

Defender
May 17, 2009
I think that we should be more taught about what schools weaknesses and advantages are, so that we dont waste training points or crowns, maybe there could be an advice thing that tells you what you should do, or maybe tell you to wait till you know more about the game (it would recommend, not force).

Survivor
Oct 12, 2010
i think that headmaster ambrose should tell u about the different worlds of the spiral

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
I am a Magus storm wizard at level 36 and a Journeyman Life Wizard at level 16 and what I gotta say about the first 5 levels is that their actually pretty fun. The levels of the bosses are good and the adventures are pretty good for that level. The only thing that I would suggest is a more clear storyline that's all. When I started playing as a life wizard about a week ago I noticed that the storyline wasn't clear. I did some Triton Avenue quests and all of a sudden they ended. I had to go back and forth until I found out you had to do 2 SEPERATE storylines including visiting Nolan Stormgate in Cyclopes Lane and I believe talking to somebody in Triton Avenue.(I can't remember who.) I had to get off Wizard101 and go on google and search the storylines. I barely found my way through. Could you guys look through that a bit? If nothing works out it's okay. This is still the most AMAZING AND FANTASTIC game ever!

Survivor
May 03, 2010
xJoey207x wrote:
dathansc wrote:
After you've reached master or grandmaster status with one wizard, there should be something unlocked on your account that lets you skip the first 5-15 levels with a new wizard. Some of the early stuff gets tedious because there isn't much strategy involved (level 1 spell, level 1 spell, level 1 spell, etc) and it would be nice to skip it.

The new wizard could start out as your grandmaster's already partially trained apprentice, or something like that, to keep the storyline intact. Importantly, the new wizard would inherit your friend list, so that you can enjoy a new wizard without losing track of your friends.

Only for those who've reached level 45 or something like that. Everyone should earn their way through at least once.

Love this idea! I start characters and do them to about Lv5 and then HATE having to do FC Ally, Cyclops Lane, and so on!
*vouches*
Oooh, DEFIANTLY! I'd love to see this happen!

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
:DI thinkthat you should explain the storyline better and where your school (elements), fits in plus strenghts and weaknesses,plus UPDATE IT, we should explain tha astral spells to the younger people. Plus explain prisms, stuns, and explain the history of the game, you know i picked the fire school because the dragons won the great war, and yet there peacful, and smart! Definitley explain STUNS i still don't understand it and i'm a level 38! THX :D :D :D BYE

Survivor
May 25, 2010

I think they should say who the first users of that magic were. here's what I think.

Fire > Dragons
Ice > Giants
Storm > Tritons
Myth > Cyclopses
Life > Unicorns
Death > Wraiths
Balance > Judgement Minions (aka like Balance Seraphs)

Andrew FireBlade
Level 20, Adept Pyromancer

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
bubba1997216 wrote:
i think in the tutorial you should help each wizard by letting them know what the weakness is to each school 'cause i had trouble figuring that out until kroktopia.

i know i still dont really get and my brother got so sick of it that he made up his own system. he gets angry every time it doesnt follow it. hes only 6. i think that it would help when organizing your deck for certain bosses.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
You should talk about the spells that generate threat or remove on the enemy. I got the pacify spell from Mortis in Nightside, but I didnt know what it did. I thought it made the enemy weaker. It wasnt until a lot later that i found out what it really did.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2010
I think that you should maybe describe crowns and membership just in case kids dont really get the whole "ten million players", "best FREE to play game" kinda stuff, and a lot of the stuff people are saying in here could just be explained during the talk with the headmaster during the tutorial after you battle malistaires minions.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2010
I think that the XP will boast up just a little.
And maybe we should get a membership for at least a day, so that people who are done with quests and can't go in the place can see what it has to offer! :D
And the lvl five Wizards could be member for 24 hours.
If any young Wizards have questions for me, please don't wait to ask!
If any young Wizards agree with me, please say so.
If any young Wizards disagree, its fine :)
~ Taylor Swift
~ Level 24
~ Adept Diviner :)
Bye
and have fun with the game

Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:
We want to know if there's anything you know about Wizard101 now, that you wish you'd known in those first five levels of the game.

Is there anything missing from the tutorial or the first five levels that you feel is important information?

Let us know by replying to this post!

It doesnt tell you exactly where you can see the pips it takes to do the move and little stuff like that, other then that, the second little tutorail from the Dueling Deigo covers anything it missed

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
MythWizard4Ever wrote:
I think they should tell you what clothes and stuff do because i had a lot of trouble understanding. I had a different thing for every school

Also some people don't know the clothes do anything! I saw someone in Grizzleheim today wearing his original clothes from the intro! I don't know how he managed to even get that far!

Survivor
Oct 16, 2010
You should also tell us about the BAZZAR. I spent half my time selling things at the other shops when I could have made ten times as much just selling at the BAZZAR! That's insane!

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
Zeke,
I think the first five levels of the game were VERY constructive. Considering I have done it millions of times. I do think they should have explained the schools a little better. Like which schools boost eachother or ect.... I do love this game and it was very instructive!
Good luck young wizards!!!! :-o

Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
Awesome job with the new Unicorn Way! Love the fact that you are transferred straight to Ceren, some wizards get confused!