Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The First Five Levels of Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
i had a question totally un-related. in the deuling tutorial it says that pips are acually power points. so what is a power pip? a power power point?

Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
For the longest time I thought crowns were something that I would/could earn through the course of the game. It wasn't clear right away that the *only* way to get them is to purchase them.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
MANNERS.

PRISMS and how they work.

The difference between crowns/crown items and gold/gold items.

They need to know to go to the library at level 10 to get the book quest, since nothing leads them to it. A young wizard could have completed all the Wiz City bosses before they find that quest, and then hey have to go back and repeat the boss fights.

You really have to do something about all the under-18 kids who have open chat, BTW...it's disgraceful.

No one seems to understand renaming a pet or dying/stitching clothes very well.

Most low levels don't understand that equipment gives them better stats, and that they should equip something from each category (wands, rings, amulets and athames).

Manners, not to be a beggar, not cursing around the filter, what is and is not reportable, not to be looking for dates (in essence, EXPLAIN the terms of use), and how to stay safe in-game.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Basics

- PIPS most important [ When ever they fizzle they notice they can cast a new spell, thats how I learned pips ]

- Prisms since there given at low levels

- Shields, blades, and traps

- Equipment with the + damage and shielding I had no clue what that was at first.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
I agree that the Dueling Diego quest should be offered at level 5, when you get your first spell that uses more than one pip. Prisms could also be explained more. Finally, some new storm students don't understand what Lightning Strike does. I didn't understand until I was level 15! Something should be done about that. :)

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
I think that the first 6 levels go to fast. Then, you are stuck is Krokotopia for a long time. I think you should expand them, so it takes more time.

Survivor
Jan 22, 2010
Some of these requests seem really sad. I have played through with 6 different classes of wizard. They range from 24 to 50, with all but one being at the higher end. Everything you really need to know about wizards is either common sense or very well explained. If you want to know how prisms work then read the card, it explains right on the spell card. If you want to know blades and traps they are explained on the card. The only thing I've seen that isnt explained well enough in my mind is the weaknesses. Many higher level characters still don't understand what spells will boost on what. Specially when it comes to balance. It's not hard to figure out, but alot of wizards seem to miss it, so this could be good to add.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
I haven't had this problem, but I have encountered several people who did not understand the concept of passing. They would just wait until the time is up for a pass. This even happens in DragonSpire. It would really be good if people like this were notified that you don't have to wait to pass. Adding this to the tutorial would really help some people understand as well as cease frustration among those who have to battle with them.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2009
I pretty much got through the first five levels of wizard 101 by trial and error. I payed atention to the tutorial but that didn't help me understand tresure cards(i STILL cant cast them) boost, resistances, fizzling, acuracy, the fact that more people mean more monsters and that if you flee you lose all your mana. I had a really had time finding my feet.

The tutorial should TELL you about these things!

Survivor
May 01, 2010
At level 33, I'm still trying to figure out why Malistare has DragonSpyre henchmen when he's not even supposed to be in Krok when you start the game.

Im just lucky I had a Grandmaster take me under his wing, literally , or else I'd still be back in Wizard City T_T.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
EQUIPMENT: I didn't realize that clothing assisted my stats until I was almost level 20 on my first wizard.

DIEGO: Needs to be mandatory and earlier in the levels. I didn't do it with my first wizard until I was over level 40 because I thought it only had to do with PVP, which I wasn't interested in. There were a lot of things explained there which I had to learn the hard way.

TEAMWORK: This comes with time of course but a small bit about how to see what your teammates are casting and how to assist them would be helpful for noobs I think.

REPORTING: I've never reported anyone though I have thought of it from time to time. I wish it was explained somewhere what you can report for. Cursing? Alter-cursing (using different words but people know what you mean)? Being extremely rude (eg. luring noobs into places where they'll die and then mocking them)? Scamming? Harassment? All things I've seen but I don't know what I can/should report. (Actually maybe this just needs to be added to the help pages)

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Rystermagic wrote:
Hey zeke, i think in the first fifth levels of the game it dont really explain much about how pips work, such as when i first played i did the tutorial but still did not understand, i think when you go to the dulling arena to learn how to attack and get 150 xp at the end should be near the start but like less xp, it really explains it more the second time, as the first time in the tutorial people kinda rush it just to play the game for their first time.
Also You could explain why there is skeletons and fairys loose on Unicorn way you can achive this by adding more people to talk to involving malistares plan so you know at a low lvl, I have had many people ask me, Whats this game about? Also i think there should be clip seens in the game, dont have to be big, like when in the tutorial malistare appears in the golem court window it could be some thing like that.
Hope this helped, Many Thanks ~Ryan Nightstalker~
Lvl 50 pyromancer.
I agree!

Survivor
Nov 01, 2009
I thought the most annoying part about the game is that I just dont get the point of reporting someone! It doesn't tell you when or why you should report someone in the earlier levels. I had many people come up to me as a level five and try to get me to gift them something. i was a low level so it was so good to get the stuff. It wasn't until i was level 40 that i realized what a bad trade it was. Ithink you should put more help things or be able to talk to someone who will tell you about that stuff. Blaze Ghostwhisper lvl 45 storm. please help :D

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
AlecVolterra wrote:
PRISMS! Too many people use prisms without knowing what they do, as well as boosts and resists

Thats so true! When i started my first char, i was getting all these cards i didnt know that they did. like prisim! I still dont understand why you get it that early..........
~Samantha Crowvault death lvl 50
~Mackenzie Jadeblade storm lvl 46
~Cheryl Watergem ice lvl 5 :D

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
explain how prizms work and tell them there are secret trainers ( dont give their location )

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
Treasure cards and prisms! First treasure cards. I'm a lvl Fitfty death and still have other lvl fifty ppl come up to me and ask me how to use them. I say let diego tell you how to use them at a lower lvl. Same with prisms thnx. Justin Ravenspear LvL 50 Death

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
I've played for years and the first five levels were the most confusing like selling should be mentioned more info on power pips cause when i was in triton i saw a wisp and was like and grab it and run around confused. learning as you go is the hardest thing to do when you cant figure how to battle right you no David ShadowSword :D

Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
Give more info on Training Points in tutorial so that we don't have to pay to change them later: 1) strengths and weaknesses of Schools and 2) Descriptions of Schools re: best if playing defensively/offensively and PVE or PVP.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2010
Defender
Mar 13, 2010
Some of these requests seem really sad. .... Everything you really need to know about wizards is either common sense or very well explained. If you want to know how prisms work then read the card, it explains right on the spell card. If you want to know blades and traps they are explained on the card. The only thing I've seen that isnt explained well enough in my mind is the weaknesses. Many higher level characters still don't understand what spells will boost on what. Specially when it comes to balance. It's not hard to figure out, but alot of wizards seem to miss it, so this could be good to add.

I am on my third grandmaster, but had trouble figuring out the spell to remove one negative item. I cast it and nothing happened! The minus 25 trap was still on me. Guess it doesn't remove this negative?

My point is that the cards themself do not always explain everything. The spell that removes all traps, shields, etc. on the enemy is also a surprise when it takes off your good stuff. :(

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
I would like to see our school's level 48 spell so we know what it'll be Destiny Lifeblossom life level 41 Taylor Swift balance level 23 Taylor Swift storm level 5 Fiona balance level 5 warlord

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
bubba1997216 wrote:
i think in the tutorial you should help each wizard by letting them know what the weakness is to each school 'cause i had trouble figuring that out until kroktopia.

I was wondering what tutorial you are talking about. there is when your picking your school and when malastare comes.

Samantha SunCatcher
Level 47 Sorcerer

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
ProspectorZeke wrote:
We want to know if there's anything you know about Wizard101 now, that you wish you'd known in those first five levels of the game.

Is there anything missing from the tutorial or the first five levels that you feel is important information?

Let us know by replying to this post!

To know what schools to train so we don't have to buy our points back again