Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

storm doesnt hit the most! :(

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 09, 2009
i have reached level 50 on my storm wizard and throughout the game i have noticed that the reg. storm blade and trap are lower % boost than the rest of the schools. lets compair it to fire since they are booth elemental schools. fires regular blade is +40 or 45% (i'm speculating because i've seen the blades but i cant quite remember pls correct me if i'm wrong) and storms reg. blade is only +30%. as for the traps fires regular trap is +35% (again this is from what i think i've seen pls correct me if i'm wrong) and storms is only +25%.

now with bubble spell all storm traps (elemental, windstorm, and reg.) and all blades (reg. and elemental) with feint and bubble spell (excluding clothing boost) it will still hit about the same as fire does with its combo.

i am exlucing the posibility of having a balance person on your team because they can give you balance blades and a hex. same with having a death guy because they have the curse trap.

fire uses its reg. and elemental blades and reg. trap and elemental traps, feint and bubble spell its around the same amount as triton compared to helephant.

storm is supposed to be the highest attack school which is why we have the lowest health, mana, and accuracy. so i think it only fair that storm should have its intended power as a offense school.

-pls excuse any spelling errors and PLS PLS PLS PLS correct me if i have made a mistake in the boost precentages.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
Because we ARE the strongest, and we dont need those boosts!!! It would be wrong if we storm people had strong spells and great boosts. trust me, the other schools NEED those high boosts because they are weaker, believe my words.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Uh, you got your fire stats wrong.

Our blades give a 35% boost, and fire traps give a 25% boost (that's elemental blade and trap).

Storm is the strongest school around, so that's why stormblade gives a 30% boost compared to some of the other schools (iceblade gives a 40% boost because ice has weak attacks to begin with (no offense to ice)).

So when you look at the power difference between the other schools, storm kinda does hit the most (with stormblade, storm trap, windstorm, darkwind and fient your looking at around 1100 or so damage with triton and possibly stormzilla as well.

I know these spells because not only have I seen them in action but because my fire's secondary school is storm and has all the storm spells (with the exception of storm shield, soothe, and dissapate).

So with all those boosts, storm is really the most powerful school hands down.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Fire's is 35%
ice life and death are 40%
balance is 25%
and i think myth is 35%

Defender
May 09, 2009
flash33 wrote:

Our blades give a 35% boost, and fire traps give a 25% boost (that's elemental blade and trap).

Storm is the strongest school around, so that's why stormblade gives a 30% boost compared to some of the other schools (iceblade gives a 40% boost because ice has weak attacks to begin with (no offense to ice)).

So when you look at the power difference between the other schools, storm kinda does hit the most (with stormblade, storm trap, windstorm, darkwind and fient your looking at around 1100 or so damage with triton and possibly stormzilla as well.

I know these spells because not only have I seen them in action but because my fire's secondary school is storm and has all the storm spells (with the exception of storm shield, soothe, and dissapate).

thank you for correcting my mistake

but if storm fire ice and all the other schools end up hitting the same amount of damage in the end why do we have to have less health and accuracy :? :?

sure without and blades or traps we hit more but everyone uses them.

i just think its kinda pointless to have a storm if it doesnt get to use its intended advantage. and only have its weakness (lower health and accuracy)

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Other schools may have more powerful traps, but what other school can throw one spell and put a trap on each enemy in one turn? Also, we have the most traps I think. We have the storm blade, windstorm, darkwind, the storm trap from the school and one for the amulet which when all used gets us a 135% boost on whatever spell we are throwing. What other school has that?

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
krazykiara2003 wrote:
Other schools may have more powerful traps, but what other school can throw one spell and put a trap on each enemy in one turn? Also, we have the most traps I think. We have the storm blade, windstorm, darkwind, the storm trap from the school and one for the amulet which when all used gets us a 135% boost on whatever spell we are throwing. What other school has that?

It's stacking percents so it's even more than that.

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
Actually, with all the grandmaster gear, storm is the most overpowered school.
Looking at all the stats from storm and fire side to side, storm has more damage, accuracy, AND shield resist.

I dont see why storm should get SO much accuracy and still get bigger damage and shield resists than a weaker school.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
Attack damage isn't everything.

Try using some other spells once in a while.

Most of the time I use defense spells and healing spells, and I stay there for a long time. In fact, I usually stay long enough for my opponent to run out of cards in PvP.

You don't need an extremely powerful attack to be successful in duels, storm wizards! I'm an Ice wizard with second school being Life so I know that powerful damage spells aren't THAT important.

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
Well you have the 10% accuracy boost and no one else has that. Plus, even with traps and blades, it still isnt as much power as storm, using trap/blades or not! Plus your oppisite is myth so if thats what you choose as your secondary school you get boosts against other storms and get both sets of shields!

-Emily Frostsong lvl 37 pyromancer

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
MSS11 wrote:
Because we ARE the strongest, and we dont need those boosts!!! It would be wrong if we storm people had strong spells and great boosts. trust me, the other schools NEED those high boosts because they are weaker, believe my words.

i agree we dont need them we strong regularly all we need is the accuracy cloths BUT thats great CAUSE THE ACCURACY CLOTHES GIVE DAMAGE BOOSTS lolz so we need no blades or traps

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
conorjak7 wrote:
flash33 wrote:

thank you for correcting my mistake

but if storm fire ice and all the other schools end up hitting the same amount of damage in the end why do we have to have less health and accuracy :? :?

sure without and blades or traps we hit more but everyone uses them.

i just think its kinda pointless to have a storm if it doesnt get to use its intended advantage. and only have its weakness (lower health and accuracy)

I have a grandmaster life character and I can hit around 5,400-5,800 using everything I have assuming I am not fighting a life death or balance monster in which case I can do even more but still considering all the traps and blades which are in this order life blade, spirit blade, life trap spirit trap, life convert, death trap from my amulet, and finally feint. Also thats with my centaur from my purgatory coat. I have seen storm grands do that much damage without hardly even trying. I was in a battle with the Jade Oni along side a storm grandmaster who boosted with everything he had with him and did 17,000 damage. Hmmm I think that is a bit of a difference dont you? Another point I would like to make is that storms pip cost is incredibly low. Kraken, which is practically as strong as centaur and it is only four pips! A good storm grand could instantly use kraken on thier first turn! Hopefully I have made my point so... hope that helped solve your delema