Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Auto delete non-active friends option

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I wish there were an option where I could set it to delete anyone who hasn't logged on in a week's time or the amount of days I choose to select. Of course I would like to mark some of my friends as excluded from such time based deletion. As it is now friends lists are limitted in number and it is hard to tell out of all of them who has not been playing, and it is hard to make room for new friends cause I never know who I should delete. If people don't log in during a week's time and didn't tell me they were going to be away and aren't on a do not remove list, I'd like them to be deleted from my friend's list automatically.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
This would really help me out alot if KI implement it. Great idea.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Why not just do it yourself rather than ask KI to do it? Just check your friends list on occasion and remove the friends you want removed. I don't understand why you need it done automatically. That seems like a waste of KI's time and resources when they could direct them to much more needed projects.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
What I don't like is when it doesn't show the details of the friend. So, you know if you want to remove them, or not.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
With a list of 50 friends it is hard to keep track of them all and impossible to know who is logging on and playing and who no longer is. Even if I take the incredibly long time to try and look at them each individually I still haven't the slightest idea who has been active or not. So if I want to know who has been playing and who hasn't I have to make a paper list of who I see online whenever I am. This again proves inaccurate and incredibly time consuming. So which friends do I delete to make room for more, I haven't the slightest idea cause I don't know through a glance who has and has not been playing, or any other easy to see detail of my friends that would make such decisions cut and dry for me.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
seasnake wrote:
With a list of 50 friends it is hard to keep track of them all and impossible to know who is logging on and playing and who no longer is. Even if I take the incredibly long time to try and look at them each individually I still haven't the slightest idea who has been active or not. So if I want to know who has been playing and who hasn't I have to make a paper list of who I see online whenever I am. This again proves inaccurate and incredibly time consuming. So which friends do I delete to make room for more, I haven't the slightest idea cause I don't know through a glance who has and has not been playing, or any other easy to see detail of my friends that would make such decisions cut and dry for me.

It sounds like you are being far to liberal with your friendships. Cut down on who you add,make it quality over quantity and you will solve your own problem.