Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

school mounts?!?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
Okay, I'm sure this idea has come up at least once before, but I'm gonna throw it out there anyways. Wizard101 has school specific equipment, spells, houses, even pets, but what about school mounts? I mean, I think it would be really fantastic if I saw some fire wizard flying around on an authentic fire school dragon. Or an ice wiz on like a snow tiger. Or if you really want to switch things up, a balance wizard on a camel. That would be weird looking, but cool if done right. lol so what do you guys think? Any ideas for school mounts? Or is the entire idea madness? Comment away! 8)

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I'm for it, and also for periodically retiring different mounts to make them more rare and special to have.

My game friends all think that you should be able to name your mount in the same way you name your pets.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
I love this idea! But the camel, no. The balance wizards would go 40% slower, not faster. This is what I had in mind:

Storm: Lightning bolt
Fire: The Firebolt (Harry Potter)
Ice: Blue pixie wings (like seraph wings)
Life: Centaur
Death: Vampire
Myth: Hippogriff
Balance: Mander
I really hope KI makes these stuff.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
not madness magic
storm: kraken
fire: phoniex
ice: ice weavren or however its spelled
death: a skull
myth: othurus
life: centaur
balance: hydra
new schools: something that has to do with them :D

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Why ride a camel when you could ride a Gryphon? But yes, school mounts would be a great addition to the game.

Community Leader

I was thinking the same thing lol. We have the unicorn now which fits Myth or Life so well. Dragon mount fits Fire. But I do think we need to upgrade our mounts. Make it more streamlined and more realistic. I hate the way the dragon mount looks like. It's so chunky and not so pretty or realistic.. Also the horse could be a lot more realistic and better looking. Honestly a horse with a beard? Too silly.

For Death, I was thinking about the black horse. Why don't we create a mount called Hell Horse which is a black horse but with its skeleton painted onto its skin that it looks like it's a horse with bones. That would be perfect for Death.

For Storm, why not T-rex? Or Storm Beetle mount? The beetle would be a perfect mount lol.

Life could be unicorn as well. But why not unicorn with wings?

Myth could be something different like Griffin? Half eagle half lion? That would be a very cool mount.

Balance, Camel would be good. Hydra mount would be awesome and would be the best choice though. Perfect for balance.

Ice, that one is hard. How about Snow Leopard?

Fire, yes dragon. But make it cooler. If it looked like the dragon we talk to for our quests, that would be so much better.

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
I've thought about that once or twice.

Fire: Heck Hound

Ice: Polar Bear

Storm: Mini-Stormzilla

Myth: Blood Bat

Life: Unicorn (already released)

Death: Werewolf

Balance: Griffen

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009

Storm: A lightning Bolt skateboard.
Ice: Giant Ice cube skates.
Balance: griffen or mander.
Life: a Centaur
Death: a large Bat
Myth: Orthrus or Cyrus giving piggie back rides!
Fire: large fire heck-hound.

Explorer
Jul 12, 2009
cruzdude wrote:

Perfect but i think like a thunderbird or something for storm would be cooler!

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
cheyinza wrote:

I was thinking the same thing lol. We have the unicorn now which fits Myth or Life so well. Dragon mount fits Fire. But I do think we need to upgrade our mounts. Make it more streamlined and more realistic. I hate the way the dragon mount looks like. It's so chunky and not so pretty or realistic.. Also the horse could be a lot more realistic and better looking. Honestly a horse with a beard? Too silly.

For Death, I was thinking about the black horse. Why don't we create a mount called Hell Horse which is a black horse but with its skeleton painted onto its skin that it looks like it's a horse with bones. That would be perfect for Death.

For Storm, why not T-rex? Or Storm Beetle mount? The beetle would be a perfect mount lol.

Life could be unicorn as well. But why not unicorn with wings?

Myth could be something different like Griffin? Half eagle half lion? That would be a very cool mount.

Balance, Camel would be good. Hydra mount would be awesome and would be the best choice though. Perfect for balance.

Ice, that one is hard. How about Snow Leopard?

Fire, yes dragon. But make it cooler. If it looked like the dragon we talk to for our quests, that would be so much better.

I agree and instead of adding wings to a Unicorn...which might look kinda odd...we should have a Pegasus which is what the mythological winged horse is called. I have been saying we need a Pegasus for ages. That would be a beautiful mount for Life school...or any school to have.

A Hippogryph for Myth would be cool.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I think the school mounts should be whatever card the school's pet gives. For storm that would be stormzilla. Balance gets their hydra and so on.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009

This is one of my favorite idea's someone has come up with but some people come up with weird idea's like bats, How do you ride a bat if its 4 times smaller than you.

cruzdude wrote:

[I don't think people would like riding a dog.]

[This is a really good idea for ice so leave as that.]

[As I said, This isn't realistic. Maybe a cloud that you can ride as if it was a hover board.]

[I don't think it is possible for anyone to ride a bat as they are about 5 times smaller than humans.]

[A good idea for this would be Pegasus (The winged horse)]

[This wouldn't be the ideal mount event though its a good idea because werewolf are half human half wolf; A ideal mount for death in my opinion is a black horse with glowing purple eyes and purple fire coming out of the bottom of the legs.]

[Great idea for balance, keep it a that.]

Comments in brackets.

This is one of my favorite idea's someone has come up with in a long time.

Most of these idea's of yours are great but also not really realistic in the wizard world because it is either weird or just not really good idea's.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Love the idea :D . Here are my ideas for each school.

Storm- stormzilla

Death- a death hound. - A black hound with shedding skin.

Life- Centaur

balance- A giant scarab type thing. ( I don't agree with the camel)

fire- heck hound or pheonix ( think i spelled that right)

Ice- Ice wyvern

Myth- orthrus

Defender
May 28, 2009
I made the first post about the school mount thing actually. These are the ones I came up with. Also I think these would come with new cards like the school pets!

Myth: Pegasus
Life: Unicorn (can't be that anymore so I'm not sure.)
Death: A skeleton horse
Fire: A dragon with cool pattern of each school
Storm: Maybe a giant fish?
Balance: Wings with the elements flying behind them as they move

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
Oh yes, I like this idea very much! Can we please please earn a permanent mount in Celestia ... maybe at level 55 or 58. Please that would be so fun :) Maybe, Storm School players could have a flying seahorse or a Lockness Monster! 8) :P

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
Storm;
Storm Shark/Storm Snake

Ice;
Ice Wyvern/Ice Beetle

Fire;
Phoenix/Sunbird

Death;
Death Filly/Death Centaur (A Centaur but dark with red eyes; A light black body for the Filly with dark black hair)

Myth;
Griffin

Life;
Centaur/Pixie Wings

Sincerely,

Elizabeth MistLeaf (Level 45 Master Thaumaturge)

Survivor
May 22, 2009
nerual48 wrote:
I love this idea! But the camel, no. The balance wizards would go 40% slower, not faster. This is what I had in mind:

Fire: The Firebolt (heh heh)
Ice: Blue pixie wings
Balance: Krok slave (MWA HA HA HA)

That is an AWESOME idea. I'm Myth, and I would love to have a Hippogriff.
<John Willowstone> level 43 and a half. A very devoted Conjeror

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
How about a thunderbird for a storm mount, what that is is basically a huge black bird of prey that creates lightning when it blinks it's eyes, and thunder when it flaps it's wings.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
I like the idea; here are my thoughts on it;

Balance- Griffin
Fire- Phoenix
Storm- Shen-Lung ( Chinese Spritual dragon which brings with it wind and rain)
Myth- Chimera ( 1 creature consisting of snake, male lion and goat)
Life- Pegasus
Death- Gargoyle
Ice- Ice Wyvern
Well that about covers it, It would be fun to earn it as we did our level 48 pet. Maybe when we reach level 60 ?

Kaitlyn Jadestrider
Grandmaster Life

Explorer
Jun 30, 2009
blizzardkid94 wrote:

Storm: A lightning Bolt skateboard.
Ice: Giant Ice cube skates.
Balance: griffen or mander.
Life: a Centaur
Death: a large Bat
Myth: Orthrus or Cyrus giving piggie back rides!
Fire: large fire heck-hound.

OMG Cyrus giving piggy back rides YAY!

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
viradis wrote:
Okay, I'm sure this idea has come up at least once before, but I'm gonna throw it out there anyways. Wizard101 has school specific equipment, spells, houses, even pets, but what about school mounts? I mean, I think it would be really fantastic if I saw some fire wizard flying around on an authentic fire school dragon. Or an ice wiz on like a snow tiger. Or if you really want to switch things up, a balance wizard on a camel. That would be weird looking, but cool if done right. lol so what do you guys think? Any ideas for school mounts? Or is the entire idea madness? Comment away! 8)

Ok i totally agree i mean why hav a bunch of separated school stuff like clothes houses and other things and not hav mounts. on the game i am balance ( not so sure about the whole camel thing) and i would srsly luv to have a griffin :P but stuff like skulls and bats 4 other schools makes me think "what"?????? I mean can we plz be reasonable i mean the whole cloud thing sounds awesome 4 storm. like hav lightning coming out of it or rain. it sounds like it would b cool 2 hav but riding a bat seems just plain silly and i no it is a fantasy-ish game but i mean come on (no offense to any pple who made up the ideas i hate :D )

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
nerual48 wrote:

cool except for ?lightning bolt and firebolt? and ?a slave? are u serious? we spend all that time to "stop" them from being enslaved and then we use them as mounts! uh no no no and no (sry for bashing u)

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
nerual48 wrote:

number 1 hippogriffs aren't real never been heard ever since J.K rowling wrote harry potter they were the only fake creatures in the whole series well at least in that movie
number 2 i still love the rest of the ideas except bolt

these are my ideas

storm: maybe a dark cloud that shoots out a bolt ( like you said )
fire: hmm tough one maybe idk another dragon but detailed like the spell
ice: hmm hmmm hmmmmm a uhhhhhhhhhhhhh hmm O A EVIL SNOWMAN heh heh heh XD
life i agree CENTAUR or SATYR GIVING US PIGGY BACK RIDES
myth a mini orthurus or or or a ninja pigs sword and too other ninja pigs following you lolz that sounds fun
balance yes a camel
finally death:
hmmm uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i got dido
anyway love your idea