Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do I report for this?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2010

Let me start out by saying I am a big boy and know this stuff goes on in MMO's. What you say in your party chats or friend chats is none of my affair. However running around the commons lately getting a few badges to break up the monotony of killing things in mooshu I notice guys advetiseing for girls.

Later at night this dosen't bother me because some nieve ten year old is not going to answer this guy at 2 am thinking he needs a girl to get past a certain puzzle, however at noon one might. Maybe mom turned off the chat filter thinking little Sally was big enough to handle a game made for kids.

Not ten minutes ago I saw a guy trying to pimp out the female avatar by him. I tend to play on perfect servers, otherwise some areas chug to bad so I see this more then I like. It is not as prevelant on the full servers or say Ambrose, probably because they would get caught. I am equal opertuneity here and have seen girls advertiseing to.

I am wary of reporting someone, as I said what you do is your own affair, but if some little kid answers one of these people and mom and dad come in here breathing fire and brimstone, what then?

Please report this behavior.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Nov 05, 2009
Prospector Zeke please help me my friends were having a fight with a wizard they were so angry i stayed out of it but the wizard threatened me and my friends. after that me and my friends pressed ignore on him but when i ignored him he reported me i am so upset! i have him on ignore do you think i should report him? also what do you do if someone abuses a report?

When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assess the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions such as muting or banning and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just a egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Historian
Jun 14, 2009
So we actually report people asking for boyfriends, girlfriends and dates?

I just want to make sure I understand. I get this alot while playing.

Had one guy ask me to be his friends girlfriend.

Didn't bother me. I just laughed, told him no and went on about playing. He removed me off his friends list when I said no. That didn't matter much any how, because I was going to remove him any way.

I will stop my rambling now. Thanks for the clarification.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
i think that false reporting should get the the false reporter suspended cause it is becoming a problem like there was this kid i forgot his name but he false reports so much. for example: he needed help in mooshu so he asked my grand friend for help and my friend said no and he reported him!

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
raptor156 wrote:
i think that false reporting should get the the false reporter suspended cause it is becoming a problem like there was this kid i forgot his name but he false reports so much. for example: he needed help in mooshu so he asked my grand friend for help and my friend said no and he reported him!

not all false reports are from people who believe they are making a false report, such as those who believe chain stunning is illegal, or those who aren't quite sure what was said but think what was said should be examined by game staff

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
sanmil0963 wrote:
So we actually report people asking for boyfriends, girlfriends and dates?

Yes. I'm new to the game and I've seen this multiple times on a daily basis. Heck even last night I got asked by some random girl toon if I'd be her "boy o friend" and I got threatened with getting reported when I said no. I don't grasp why these people would even want to have these virtual significant others. I even went so far as to ask my two nieces (going to be a 4th grader and a 6th grader this year) about doing this sort of thing and their replies were along the lines of "that's just silly".

Survivor
Nov 05, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:
When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assess the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions such as muting or banning and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just a egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.
thanks prospector zeke i didnt get banned and i feel better now!

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
if one of my old friends is lying to me and my friends about stuff that never happened or even close to happen just to get us to become friends with him again and then we find out and it hurts over half of my friends list that he did that is that a reason to report someone and if so what would it be called?