Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Good Animations Gone Bad

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
It is always unfortunate when a new Wizard101 game updated is released with new bugs, but there's another intentional issue that doesn't make sense: changing previously good animations into unsightly, aesthetically displeasing ones. The very essence of an 3D MMORPG world is obviously the appearance, and a bad appearance has a seriously negative effect on the overall appreciation for the game. I've been playing Wizard101 since December of 2008 and have leveled to Grandmaster one character of each school of magic (Ice after deleting Life), so I've been through a lot of the changes. With new updates there are generally good fixes, but occasionally there is an unnecessary or unpleasant change that occurs, other than bugs.

For example, Minotaur used to look GREAT. It was my friend's favorite spell, and he joined around the same time as me. A while back, KingsIsle added odd green coloring (grass, I'm assuming) to the floor of the animation, and many of my friends and I were disgusted. Rebirth received the same treatment. Now the fizzle animation has been changed and it looks horrible. When I first saw it, I glanced at ugly fake dirt...Why? It used to look fine...definitely better than it does now, and for something that happens SO often, it's an extremely unpleasant sight.

The modification is CLEARLY no improvement and I don't understand why it was made, but I entreat KingsIsle to change this back. I know that unsightly animations or graphics have been improved before (the first example that comes to mind is the Ice damage Aura graphic), but I implore the urgency of this particular situation because KingsIsle has thus far been somewhat notorious for disregarding, ignoring, or taking a lot of time, if you will, to correct issues within the game. This individual circumstance, unless it is somehow a bug, however, should have never come about in my opinion.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
The same thing is going on with stormzilla and saytr.
saytr has weird colored notes and a broken leg

stormzilla has a broken neck and looks like it is attacking the ground

wonder if they will ever fix the animation

jasonfariyblossom pyrogrand

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Satyr definitely bugs me, though I do like part of the new Stormzilla animation, such as the extra lightning and the whirlwinds when he strikes, but I do see an issue with his posture.

Spell animations are the bread and butter of the game, and it shouldn't be sufficient in any way to let the players just deal with them and become accustomed to unsightly animations. They are a priority, imo.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
also when frost giant uses his breath to stun it looks like its coming from its nose

Hero
May 02, 2009
to be honest, I dont mind the stormzilla animation; if any, I kinda like the new animation of it (it looks like the attack comes up from below the opponent).

The new fizzles dont really bother me.

I guess the satyr could be fixed, although I dont really remember what it was like before.

The rebirth and minotaur animations are also fine, imo.

So yeah, this is just my say on the matter.