Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

sunken sity isnt worth it

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 27, 2009
Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Sunken City is worth it, you seem to be forgetting the XP you get from battle and the quests along the way in Sunken City. Also the items you can use or sell to upgrade. Plus it is a good test of battling abilites and team work early on in game.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Would have to generally agree with this but (1) Life wizards have to do this to get there level 38 spell and (2) Grubb drops wraith statue which is way cool!

To work around the annoying habit of the ghosts grabbing you off the street, go in with another wizard. When one of you gets caught, the other should go around and find a safe spot. First person log out, then log back in and port to your friend who is still in the dungeon. Should knock the time to less than an hour. Good luck!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It took my level 30 Storm wizard less than half an hour to solo.

Sunken City is required for a Life wizard to get the level 38 (which is required to get the level 48 ) spell. Other than that, it's not much more than a side area, ala Grizzleheim.

Explorer
Apr 27, 2009
not many of my friends play anymore so plez b my frend my wizard name is John Starflame lvl. 26 pyromancer my clothes r mostly red and u mite c me flying with the batwings mount o yah and i never completed sunken city colagada i just sed it takes 90 minutes because thats wat kingsisle says

Explorer
Apr 27, 2009
i beet sunken city o yeah and it took 2hrs57min. but it gave me xp 4 talking 2 prof.drake and i wood like 2 thank Patrick Battleweaver i still need mor frends 4 the vault of ice in krokotopia
~John Starflame
ps it couldstill giv mor xp tho

Survivor
May 12, 2010
colagada wrote:
It took my level 30 Storm wizard less than half an hour to solo.

Sunken City is required for a Life wizard to get the level 38 (which is required to get the level 48 ) spell. Other than that, it's not much more than a side area, ala Grizzleheim.

Oh no! Im a level 37 life and I beat it at lvl 35! and now im going to have to do it again! :(

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
I find that sunken city to me is worth it. As one said, you get xp when you beat things and you get valuable items such as pets and so forth in this dungeon. It doesn't take long at all to beat and you can solo it . It is not impossible to do alone.

soloing Tips:

. Create a transport mark before going into battle. This way if you die or you need to go heal you can start where you left off. It works just as if you are going back via a buddy that is with you. Just remember you have a 30 minute time limit to get back to the dungeon and don't log off or you will have to start over again.

. There is no time limit to do this dungeon.Wait till you are higher in level. You don't have to do this dungeon right off the bat just like some of the other dungeons in other worlds it is not mandatory. It is not a normal dungeon. One reason why they made it hard to beat.

. There are only two mandatory street fights that you will be pulled into. If you can wait till you have some really good multiple strike spells. This way you can take out multiple opponents quickly. If you did any of these street fights and die, you won't get pulled back into the streets for them if you completed one or both of them.

. Go to heal and replenish yourself frequently after battles. Once again if you didn't create a transport mark before a battle make one and then go "heal". If you don't create a transport mark then you have to start over from square one.

. In boss fights take out the henchmen first. The bosses will regenerate if you die and come back, the henchmen won't.

. When you get to grub take out the other critters first because grub will regenerate if you die and have to come back in. His henchmen do not regenerate.

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
Of course it is. You get some rare items to sell at the bazaar and you get a badge. If you need help use henchmen.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
sbs5000 wrote:
Of course it is. You get some rare items to sell at the bazaar and you get a badge. If you need help use henchmen.

I have taken a liking to henchmen. They really come in handy if you are in hard area's and there is no-one around to help you out when you really want to tackle something hard.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Sunken City - Oh the last time I did that place was a year ago.

I love Sunken City. At first it is definitely hard, but if you level up more it is a breeze. But 90 minutes? Mhmm, I can see the labyrinth taking that long. Completely, not Sunken City. Regardless solo or with someone else. It is worth it. You get XP, gold, a chance for two pets [ or more ] and a statue.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
Orca wrote:
Sunken City - Oh the last time I did that place was a year ago.

I love Sunken City. At first it is definitely hard, but if you level up more it is a breeze. But 90 minutes? Mhmm, I can see the labyrinth taking that long. Completely, not Sunken City. Regardless solo or with someone else. It is worth it. You get XP, gold, a chance for two pets [ or more ] and a statue.

I recently started a new wizard, a life wizard. After my first experience I know it is not as scary as it seems. But I also hear that life wizards have their level 28 spell quest in there, so I am going to wait and do it at level 28. I know I can do it as I did it at level 25 as a fire wizard and I did it alone without henchmen.

Likely this go around I will utilize henchmen just to make it go by quicker.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
how long is the quest? i'm still trying to get to Chelsea Court and i'm not sure how much longer i've until i'm done with Hyde Park so i do not have access to all of my level 28 minion.

In my best attempt, with no potions used, was i defeated one of the second bosses minions and then i couldn't heal while dealing with the other minion. how much further do i have to go from there?

My main character is a level 30 necromancer, so if i use my three potions i should be good to go?

Everyone i "know" is at least 10 levels below me so i'm stuck going solo unless someone wants to help?

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
sunken is kinda worth it at least for low lvl players because u get exp along the way and u actually experience what dungeon is like when u first play the game unless u have done won before sunken city

Survivor
Jul 04, 2010
I am not really a fan of this quest either, but it is good for working on teamwork skills in game. My hubby and I have done this for our characters over and over (Mostly mine, I have tons, he has 2 lol) we help each other out and have fun in spite of the general annoyance factor and we work better as a team for it I think. I do think for the time it usually takes you should get more experience and better loot, but over all it's not a bad quest line and being the first really hard one, it gets you ready for future "painful" dungeons lol.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2008
I think the Sunken city is worth it, there are actually more xp coming from the battles then the quest itself, plus there are good drops from fighting Grubb.