Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celestia Sword

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
Greetings KI.

Saw the new Celestia sword, it's gorgeous, had to have it. Got it, same price as C Edge, 5k Crowns. Hmm I noticed the lower damage... HMMM I NOTICED IT GIVES ONE CARD! Seriously? April Fools right?

Understandably I should have looked at the stats more closely before purchasing. My question. Is this included in the Trident mess up? Are you going to fix the cards it gives and make it the same damage as the C Edge? Seeing that it cost the same crowns I see no reason for the stats to be biffed. Especially on the best looking blade in the game.

If the stats are to be less the amount of crowns should be in line with that, wouldn't you agree? Yes I should have been more careful, but understandably its a lvl45 sword. Who would not expect a power pip, 5 cards, and high damage?

So I equip it when I want to look cool, because other than that it's a 5k Crown paper weight. Please say it's a mistake :D

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
Should I just submitt this to customer service and get a refund? Since it seems like I'm not going to get any feedback here?

I'm afraid that won't do you much good, young Wizard. Customer support will not refund in-game purchases.

Each item can be previewed before it is purchased, and while I'm sorry you're not happy with your purchase, you can always sell the item for gold in the regular shopkeepers of the Spiral.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Hero
May 02, 2009
ProspectorZeke wrote:
I'm afraid that won't do you much good, young Wizard. Customer support will not refund in-game purchases.

Each item can be previewed before it is purchased, and while I'm sorry you're not happy with your purchase, you can always sell the item for gold in the regular shopkeepers of the Spiral.

Yeah I did notice that the Celestian Sword gives only one card.

I know your working on fixing the Celestian Trident, but are you planning on fixing the Celestian Sword as well (I own none of them, as I feel the items I have now are fine, but still).

Survivor
Feb 24, 2010
Response (KingsIsle Support) 07/21/2010 01:32 PM
Hi there,

I do apologize for the inconvenience, but we have a strict No Refunds policy regarding ingame transactions. If you have any further questions, just let me know.

Regards,
KingsIsle Support

PS: Check out the big book of everything Wizard101! www.wizard101.com/guide

No refunds on this item :( Its tragic that it only gives one pesky card at such a weak damage rate. Please please fix this and bring it to an acceptable and humane level as the other crown swords. I understand it is a business, but surely there is more sense in providing consumers with options that are competitive - this seems to be somewhat of a rip off which would be a shame to have considering KI have done most of the other things so brilliantly well.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I agree the sword looks cool, but its stats are a joke compared to other crown wands, plus it gives one card. Hence why I did not purchase it. Just seems poorly designed, for lower damage and one card, if it was damage rate of 400+ or so I could understand one card, since it would average out the same amount of damage as 5 cards at 95 damage. Oh well I'm sure someone in KI has a reason.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
Ok. Thanks for the answer on policy there. Now, would you please answer the real question.

Are the swords stats a mistake that is going to be fixed? Or is this a poorly designed item being sold for an unfair price? One thing is for sure, I'll be telling everybody I know to avoid this sword like the plague until I get a straight answer.