Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please explain to me the logic of T cards

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
NOW YOU CAN NOT TRADE CARDS YOU MAKE?

So tell me how can I make storm elf?

Its a card that KI is aware off needs to be made by a fire wiz but is commonly used by Storm Wizards as a defense against constant shields.

You sell them that way if they were full cards I would buy them and same myself the time. But i just traded them with my fire wiz who made them and then was unable to give them back.

Seriously what gives? How is this fair to anyone. You know you are not going to BAN treasure cards because you sell them but if you make an update like that then give me my gold back and take the card away.

Why make it so that only ONE school can use them. Effectively only ONE school can use it and that is fire.

Okay so let me get this one right you can no longer trade treasure cards you make, this is because you have had complaints about low level wizards having access to greater level spells.

Is there no way you can make it so that you can only weild a spell within your level because what you did essentially killed trading. If you can only trade drops and purchases, then just get rid of the whole treasure card system altogether because this serves no one but KI.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
they clearly stated it was never intended, and i HATE IT when other people use storm lord in pvp when they aren't storm (i am storm myself). especially when they use rebirth. i am glad they removed it

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
MSS11 wrote:
they clearly stated it was never intended, and i HATE IT when other people use storm lord in pvp when they aren't storm (i am storm myself). especially when they use rebirth. i am glad they removed it

You know what I may have implied that this aready but its not about stormlord or school spells. Its about the other cards. Mutated cards for example are now for the school that creates them.

For instance Ice and Storm elf spells start out as mutant card, you have to use a fire wiz to make them and then trade them back to the other wizards respectively. I dont buy that these cards were created only for fire wizards and I dont know any who do use them.

Funny the only characters in the story use all these spells (within their schools) If you are going to make such a change how about you sell the spell AS spells and not an enhancement (mutate) card.

Whatever, KI can do what it wants- and does - I am wondering at this point how many people will be ignored on this one. If you want to stop trading then be fair and stop it all together, not just allow the cards you make money for you to be traded - because when all is said and done that is the bottomline only purchased and dropped card may be traded.

Oh and since there was no real warning you made this decision and now I have useless cards I have no need for and will not get have the money I paid for them AND I paid using my own money.

"If everyone is super no one is." Really? Is that why we are all going from world to world quest to quest collecting all the spells and gear and pets we can, so we can be normal? You dont believe that and niether does anyone. If I may remind you that line you are quoting (from the Incredibles) came from the VILLAIN to tell how he would destroy the superheros and in his mind the need of any as revenge for not being allowed to be one. Is that really the line you meant to give to justify YOUR stripping of power. Besides if all things are equal stregth and power then all you are really left with is SKILL! As long as people fight with their heads there will be no balance. There is always someone better then "even when all things are equal." By the way the point of movie was to prove the opposite that individuality of each charater was made them great. One could argue that abilities and power is what made this game, I submit that like in chess just because both have the queen does not make the game equal.

Still the very nature of the game is to become a great wizard! Oh and spare me the part about pvp not being a big part of the game - you actually have tornaments and it is the only hang out for most GMs) This is simply a bad answer to a hard question.

If you dont want Level 5 wiz using stormlard, if stormlord or triton or judgemnt are actually school ONLY spells WRITE THE PROGRAM TO REFLECT THAT! I don buy the school only spells explanation because I can still buy a minion (Life, Fire, Storm, Death or whatever) from the Bazaar and ALL MINIONS are school spells. So what's the real deal?

You could simply make it so that you can't have the ability to use use it till you earn it.

Otherwise just enjoy making desions, cause this time, I will keep my cash to myself. I am tired of being a loyal customer who is being outright ignored and (IMHO) bullied as if I actually believe that I am the child my avatar looks like. You decide to make or CHANGE a rule or policy and then send us a letter from your CEO as if to say "If my game and my marbles and we play the way I want or you can go" in a nutshell and I suppose as I will probably here from other members (Who no matter what the decision, always seem to co-sign their approval) and they have every right to like love and stand by KI. I am a member simply because I enjoy playing the game but if the rules are constantly changing in ways to favor either the house or the those who cry "foul" everytime they lose a match (and I can point out over a hundred post on this mb as examples) then we have yet another so called game that eliminates true challenge in the name being "family friendly."

Really this couldnt be more unfair. but you will realize soon (your business research team should have pointed this out already) that while these are games MOST of your PAYING members are adults. The same money we spend here can easily and be spent elsewhere.

please think about this while I think about whether I want to remain a member.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Treasure cards can be made in two ways...

1) Using might or accuracy boosters

or

2) Crafting cards

The first cannot be traded, the second can be traded. It means the school specific cards, whcih aren't able to be crafted, cannot be traded, keeping them special for the school.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I just tested trying to use a Mutate Fire Elf into Lightning Elf treasure card on a Fire Elf treasure card and it could not be done. Seems the only way this could work is if you have Fire as your primary school, or took Fire at least up to Fire Elf as your secondary.

As Sojourna has already stated, a Storm Mutated Fire Elf treasure card is considered an enchanted treasure card and cannot be traded.

I insist that KI immediately removed all mutated treasure cards from all of the monsters. By your own hand you have made it so these cards are impossible to create by another school and impossible to trade, so there is no way these monsters could even be in possession of them.

Okay so let me get this one right you can no longer trade treasure cards you make, this is because you have had complaints about low level wizards having access to greater level spells.

If you bothered to read the announcement, they implemented the to-trade rule mainly to prevent wizards from other schools from obtaining school-only specific spells. PvP abuse was a sideline. No mention about low-level wizards having access to greater-level spells.

Yet, how can KI possibly justify the rationale behind their statement when I can run down to the bazaar and buy almost any school-only specific treasure card?

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Sojourna wrote:
NOW YOU CAN NOT TRADE CARDS YOU MAKE?

So tell me how can I make storm elf?

Its a card that KI is aware off needs to be made by a fire wiz but is commonly used by Storm Wizards as a defense against constant shields.

You sell them that way if they were full cards I would buy them and same myself the time. But i just traded them with my fire wiz who made them and then was unable to give them back.

Seriously what gives? How is this fair to anyone. You know you are not going to BAN treasure cards because you sell them but if you make an update like that then give me my gold back and take the card away.

Why make it so that only ONE school can use them. Effectively only ONE school can use it and that is fire.

Is there no way you can make it so that you can only weild a spell within your level because what you did essentially killed trading. If you can only trade drops and purchases, then just get rid of the whole treasure card system altogether because this serves no one but KI.

well unless it is to late you could train in fire to and make a million treasures of a storm elf and get mutate at the bazzar.

jasonfariyblossom lvl 50 pryo
" hate my name "

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
You can make a storm elf by mutating-via mutate card-a fire elf that is traded from a fire wizard or that you buy. You won't be able to trade or sell it, but you will be able to use it. Treasure cards have a variety of uses from rounding out your spell deck, crafting reagents, and trading. TCs are useful and valuable, just not as unregulated as they once were.

Hero
May 27, 2009
I admit I was disappointed that I could no longer trade the fire/storm mutations to my storm girl, or the ice/fire mutations to the fire wizard, but maybe the solution isn't allowing the trading but creating new mutations that the other schools can use. If they created treasure cards that would mutate Thundersnake to Ice Snake or Kraken to Fire Kraken, or any mutates for the spiritual schools, it would make the game WAY more interesting. Perhaps in Celestia....?

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
MikeStrath wrote:

or

2) Crafting cards

The first cannot be traded, the second can be traded. It means the school specific cards, whcih aren't able to be crafted, cannot be traded, keeping them special for the school.

Crafting them? Yeah sounds like a plan, but no other school is allow to craft other school cards. "You have to be of the school to craft the card." Why bother, you train the spells you can craft for free. KI my's well get rid of card crafting all togeather aswell.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
Drifter69 wrote:
MikeStrath wrote:

or

2) Crafting cards

Crafting them? Yeah sounds like a plan, but no other school is allow to craft other school cards. "You have to be of the school to craft the card." Why bother, you train the spells you can craft for free. KI my's well get rid of card crafting all togeather aswell.

Ok, I think you missed something in that post, specifically: "the second can be traded".

You want a storm elf, but don't have fire trained?

1. buy/farm for a mutate spell.
2. farm for/trade a fire mage for a fire elf card.
3. Put them both in you deck
4. Find something low-level to fight, discard to draw them both into your hand, make the enchantment, and then DO NOT USE THAT CARD to kill your target.
Rinse and Repeat as desired.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
[quote=Talance3)
You want a storm elf, but don't have fire trained?

1. buy/farm for a mutate spell.
2. farm for/trade a fire mage for a fire elf card.
3. Put them both in you deck
4. Find something low-level to fight, discard to draw them both into your hand, make the enchantment, and then DO NOT USE THAT CARD to kill your target.
Rinse and Repeat as desired.

okay while this sounds good you can not trade a fire elf card with a fire mage, the reason i am complaining, nor can you farm for it. If its a drop you can not enhance it.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Train Fire Elf if it is so important. I trained it on an Ice Wizard for a while and then made lots of Ice Elves, but I don't really like them so I don't do that anymore.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Naktl wrote:
Train Fire Elf if it is so important. I trained it on an Ice Wizard for a while and then made lots of Ice Elves, but I don't really like them so I don't do that anymore.

not the point.

I dont want to buy back spells to train in fire make a bunch of storm elves then buy back my spells its expensive and not necessary.