Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can someone help? Plz?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 13, 2010
I really need some help with the North clocktower! The gearhead dude has a bunch of health and it doesn't help that his helper guy is fire school! Any tips? If you would help me I'll be at the Fountain in MB at 7:00pm (e.s.t)on thursday In the area of Scarecrow. Thanks so much!

Emily Goldentheif
lvl 28 pyromancer
:D

Survivor
Dec 29, 2009
I would be glad to assist you with the North clocktower. I will meet you at the location and time you indicated.

Tristan Skyriver
lvl 50 Storm

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Asking somebody on the forum to do an area with you is a dubious idea, since it often takes hours for posts to appear.

You're referring to the Storm boss Gearhead, who has 1,000 health and his minion, the O'Leary Napper with 525 health.

Neither enemy uses any shields that will affect your Fire spells, so Fire Elf and Heck Hound are mostly pointless here. The Napper's best spells are Sunbird and Cyclops. He has a 30% resistance to Fire, while Ice spells (e.g. with your Prism) do 30% more damage. Gearhead can use as strong a spell as Kraken, which will do a lot of damage. He also has the annoying Weakness spell.

One way to handle it is to try put a Fire Blade on yourself, and Fire Trap and Prism on the Napper (but no Trap on Gearhead yet). Then you would use Meteor Strike. This will get rid of the Napper, even if Gearhead cast Weakness on you. It will do either a minimum of 325 * 1.35 * 1.25 * 1.3 (ice boost) for about 712 damage, or 325 * 1.35 * 1.25 * 1.3 / 1.25 (Weakness) for 570 damage. It will also do 325 * 1.35 for about 438 or 325 * 1.35 / 1.25 (Weakness) for about 351 on Gearhead. Of course, you can do more, depending on what Meteor Strike hits for and your equipment power/damage boosts.

The other way to do it might be to use Fire Blade on yourself, a prism on the Napper, and (if no Weakness was cast) a Sunbird on the Napper. This will do a minimum of 295 * 1.35 * 1.3 (Ice Boost) or 518 damage. If The Sunbird does more than the minimum or your equipment gives you any boosts, you'll do more than the 525 needed to finish off the Napper.

Of course, you'll also need to watch your health and Gearhead's pips. You'll want to use Glacial Shield to blunt the Storm attacks (Tower Shield is also good if you trained for it), and of course you'll want to keep a Pixie handy to heal with. Other than that, you'd want to blade/trap Gearhead and then use Sunbird on him. You might also try Immolate on him if you're sure you'll have more than 250 health when it's your turn to use it.

I don't recommend bothering with the Fire Minion, as you want to get a quick kill in on the Napper.

Survivor
May 13, 2010
Wow, thanks! kirsch1- I actually can't do thursday at seven, but I can do monday at six. So, if I don't beat this guy by then, I'll meet you at the Fountain. :D :-) :D :-) :D

Survivor
May 13, 2010