Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Healing outside combat.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
If we have the spell to heal we should be able to use it at anytime. I know it would be hard to direct the spell towards another player, since you don't have the markers, but at least allow us to heal ourselves.

Is this too much to ask for?

Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
Oh my gosh, that is a great idea o:
Maybe theurgists could heal persons at the cost of mana? Maybe double the mana cost?
So, healing:
Minor Blessing: 1 mana
Fairy and Pixie: 4 mana
Sacrifice: 6 mana (Yes, still would take 250)
Satyr: 8 mana

Heal friends would be to the group:
Unicorn: 6 mana
Rebirth: 14 mana (No absorbs)

And over time would be over 31 seconds:
Sprite: 2 mana
Helping hands: 6 mana
Regenerate: 10 mana

For example, sprite:
At second after cast 1, 11, 21 and 31 there would be 30 healed.

It could be able to make the game easier, while being optional, so no rants :D

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
what do you think all those whisps are for? ... though, it sounds resonable enough to heal outside of combat as long as your mana still drops from doing so.. but then it unbalances the game as towers and the like are meant to tax your ability to beat them by hitting you hard on health and making you heal before leaving for the next fight, so it does really affect the game too much.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
maybe that wouldn't be a good idea, you would be losing mana outside combat, which people would find unfair, and plus, we have so many ways to heal besides using some sort of spell. we have potions and health wisps, which should give us enough health, and mini games to refill potions. a spell would be too difficult

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
um last time I check every class has at least one heal spell. I dont see how this would unbalance the game. I would even consider using twice the mana outside combat for healing.

This is coming from someone who knows the pain of Storm health. 8)

I'm sure if it effects tower play, KI can readjust Monster Decks, and gear. if not the monsters already there.

What does, does the life professor say about healing with mana outside of combat?

Is it as I've stated before, that the combat we have in not real combat, but a card game much like yu-gi-oh, and life points only really play a part in the card game.

If thats the case then we should able to create a mini match to cast magic heals, and since there would be no enemy there would not be a flee button but a finished button.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
as stated above. this alternative would allow for the quest where you have to summon beings, could actually activate a duel circle may be with "z", so we could capture enemy monsters on streets, and dueling arenas at a house.

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
I love how you people aren't thinking about dungeons. What if we needed to heal in a dungeon? And there were no wisps around?

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Delver
Jun 21, 2009
Delver
Jun 21, 2009
Why are people forgetting about the blue potions? I use them all the time. The only problem I see is that I have to go to the fairgrounds to buy refills. Why not have a vendor on each world?

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
fancymay wrote:
I love how you people aren't thinking about dungeons. What if we needed to heal in a dungeon? And there were no wisps around?

That's what your bottles are for.

Let's see, as far as using heal spells outside of the battle cirlce, how would you acquire pips needed to cast your heal spells?

Listen, there are healing wisps throughout the areas in the spiral. You are given bottles to use to completely regain your health and mana, and free ways to refill your bottles. You can heal during combat.

You can always ask for help. 2 or more people in a fight usually means all the monsters aren't hitting the same wizard. Use your minion ... Storm's minion will make the monsters attack him, giving some breathing room to put up defenses, heal, or just buff up and attack.

If you are still having trouble, then you need to take another look at your deck construction and how you spent your training points.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
MercMissionary wrote:
Why are people forgetting about the blue potions? I use them all the time. The only problem I see is that I have to go to the fairgrounds to buy refills. Why not have a vendor on each world?

If you play any of the mini-games in the fairgrounds in each world, you can fill your bottles for free. The easiest is Potion Motion: all you need to do is achieve level 4, then you can just stop.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
I use the bottles all the time, we only get three.

what I've been explaining would allow pvp anywhere, with a quit rather than flee which would deactivate the dueling circle. both parties would have to agree before they start. This would allow for healing with pips and card, out side normal game play.