Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celestia: What do we know about this world?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 24, 2009
We dont know anything about what this world is about. We know that the level cap is going to be raised to 60 and we know that there will be 3 new secondary schools and we know it will be based on Atlantis. We dont know anything else but what was learned during the preview quest. We dont know if this is a continuation of the main storyline or if this is something like the Grizzleheim storyline and not anything to do with the main storyline. We dont know if there will be any more primary school spells to get from our professors from school quests or what. Are we getting school spells at levels 52 and 58? Or are the new secondary school spells going to fill in the gap? I would like to know the answers to these questions as I am sure others want to know also.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
well, it IS a continuation of the storyline, we know that. and the storm teacher clearly stated what happened to the world and why they needed to seal it, and how they believed in the powers of the sun, moon, and stars. he also explains that they created powerful magic.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
also, they clearly stated after the grizzlheim update that they would eventually increase the level cap with a new world and thus create new spells as well

Hero
May 19, 2009
This is from ravenwood radio:

Long ago, the ASTRAL WIZARDS OF CELESTIA created powerful magic using the energy of the STARS, the MOON, and the SUN. The sorceress MORGANTHE, a QUEEN of the SHADOW WEB, wanted the secrets of the Celestian magic at... all costs. The Celestians REFUSED her, so she raised a DARK ARMY and sent it against Celestia. After DECADES of battle, the Astral Wizards realized their world would fall. They summoned the STORM TITAN to defeat Morganthe’s legions and to take their world to a place of safety.
The Storm Titan betrayed the Celestians by SINKING their world beneath the WAVES along with Morganthe’s invading forces. Realizing they were DOOMED, the Celestians raised mighty DOMES to protect some of their treasured city from the waves, though it was too late! They PERISHED along with MORGANTHE’S invading army. Celestia was lost to the Spiral, its SPIRAL DOOR closed forever.
Centuries later, a team of brave explorers from the SPIRAL GEOGRAPHIC SOCIETY, led by SIR THURSTON PLUNKETT, re-discovered Celestia. They landed with an AIR-SHIP and built EXPLORATORY UNDERSEA DOMES to explore Celestia’s ruins. Plunkett and his fellow explorers soon realized that Celestia was now inhabited by a strange new culture... the CRUSTACEAN EMPIRE. Unfortunately, the explorers did not come alone to Celestia. Morganthe’s followers, the SHADOW WEAVERS, stand ready to take Celestia’s magic for their Queen.
After receiving the Spiral Geographic Society’s DISTRESS CALL, Headmaster MERLE AMBROSE of the Ravenwood School for Magic seeks any young Wizards brave enough to journey to the undersea world of Celestia and discover the secrets of its LOST MAGIC.
What will they find there?

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Yes, I know the history I did the quest. BUT how is Celestia tied into Malistaire and his reign of terror? How is Celestia a continuation of the main storyline? Celestia to me sounds like another world like Grizzleheim and have nothing to do with the main storyline.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
Can anyone please tell me when we are able to actually go to celestia? I have completed the quest to get the key but that was almost a week ago now. I have yet to be "called" by Halston. Anyone know anything new?

Thanks for the time!

Hero
May 19, 2009
moviebuff3000 wrote:
Yes, I know the history I did the quest. BUT how is Celestia tied into Malistaire and his reign of terror? How is Celestia a continuation of the main storyline? Celestia to me sounds like another world like Grizzleheim and have nothing to do with the main storyline.

It doesnt have to be tied into malistare, the umbra queen will be the next major boss for the next 5 worlds.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
DarthNexus wrote:
moviebuff3000 wrote:

It doesnt have to be tied into malistare, the umbra queen will be the next major boss for the next 5 worlds.

Ah. So it doesnt have to be tied into Malistaire to be part of the main storyline. Malistaire was all about the main storyline and now your saying that the Umbra Queen does not have to be tied into Malistaire to be a part of the main storyline? It cant be part of the main storyline if it isnt tied somehow to Malistaire. Celestia would have to be its own storyline like GH does unless of course they make it is as when Malistaire disappeared after DS he went to Celestia and found the Umbra Queen and found she was more powerful than him and needed her to gain revenge for events in DS. All it sounds to me that the storyline in Celestia is like the storyline in GH and has nothing to do with Malistiare and therefore cant be part of the main storyline. You cant do a new main storyline without it being tied somehow into Malistaire. It would be like JK Rowlings writing an eight Harry Potter book and not have it somehow tied into Voldemort even when he dies in book seven.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
moviebuff3000 wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:
moviebuff3000 wrote:

Ah. So it doesnt have to be tied into Malistaire to be part of the main storyline. Malistaire was all about the main storyline and now your saying that the Umbra Queen does not have to be tied into Malistaire to be a part of the main storyline? It cant be part of the main storyline if it isnt tied somehow to Malistaire. Celestia would have to be its own storyline like GH does unless of course they make it is as when Malistaire disappeared after DS he went to Celestia and found the Umbra Queen and found she was more powerful than him and needed her to gain revenge for events in DS. All it sounds to me that the storyline in Celestia is like the storyline in GH and has nothing to do with Malistiare and therefore cant be part of the main storyline. You cant do a new main storyline without it being tied somehow into Malistaire. It would be like JK Rowlings writing an eight Harry Potter book and not have it somehow tied into Voldemort even when he dies in book seven.

It goes like this

Book 1:We kill Malistaire

Book 2:Kill Umbra Queen or Mor... what ever its name is

Book 3:Undiscovered

and so on and so forth the.If the Storyline was all about Killing Malistaire then it boring.The Best Story is the Story that is most unexpected!.The Story must be different or it gets boring

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
Paleospy5 wrote:
moviebuff3000 wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:
moviebuff3000 wrote:

It goes like this

Book 1:We kill Malistaire

Book 2:Kill Umbra Queen or Mor... what ever its name is

Book 3:Undiscovered

and so on and so forth the.If the Storyline was all about Killing Malistaire then it boring.The Best Story is the Story that is most unexpected!.The Story must be different or it gets boring
well malistaire was WAY to easy and if it kept on going on and on and on with the whole malistaire thing it really would get tiring and boring and i thought grizzlehiem was a great world

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
Morganthe is the new main villain, not the umbra queen. The umbra queen is the main villain of Celestia, Morganthe is the villain of the new story arch. Malistaire is the first arch for WC, KT, MB, MS, and DS. Morganthe is the second arch for Celestia and worlds beyond. Celestia is not the new GH, it's the new WC, but for Grandmasters.