Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Novices

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
As I'm getting farther and farther in the game I'm seeing novices being picked on. I have three noobs and all of them have been picked on at least once. Its really unfair everyone had been a lvl one once on unicorn way. just watching is really rude. I wish to stop making making everyone pick on novices. it just seems really rude and mean. :(

until this is out YOOM TAH emily skystone lvl 50
Destiny Darksword 14
Alexandria lvl 13
Destiny DeathSword 9

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
I've heard the word "noob" in the game before although none of my characters have ever been called that. Considering that i have 24 of the darlings I guess I've been really lucky. And I agree that everyone was a level 1 at one point in time. It is rude but the only thing you can do is ignore it. Turn off the chat bubbles, ignore the person and just concentrate on having a good time playing a great game. Anytime you play an online game there's going to be several things that you really don't care for.

Good luck in your quests and just try to have a good time!

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
yeah i know
i once saw a group of three or four grandmasters calling everone in the shopping distirct a noob :(
it is VERY mean to do that

Hero
May 27, 2009
Avoid crowded Realms, avoid the shopping district and WC Commons. The more you play in Perfect realms, I think the less likely you encounter these -- well, the only word is idiots -- who pick on smaller wizards. Come join us in Leprechaun or Satyr.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
You realize you can -ignore- these people right?

Click their character or name in the chat box and then click ignore.

Problem solved.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
I being a almost grandmaster (JUST ONE MORE RECTANGLE!!!!) now what you mean by that, usually this happenes at houses and that is why I usually get the people you call noobs although I call novices (meaning new player I think) to ignore that person. usually after that they go away never to bother that novice again, there happy ending. :D

Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
in pvp i was battling an apprentice therugeist and he called me a noob :x (that time i was an initiate pyromancer)and just because i was going to deck out :x(its a good thing i had treasure cards to finish him off :D)kingsile should make that not able to say even in open chat (also its a good thing i reported him) . :D

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
People pick on Novices because their easy to prey on. If you say "noob" to them they'll come back and start using caps. Therefore, you have the ability to threaten them with PVP. And, they'll deny it. Then you can just say Chicken until they start to cry.

- I agree, it's horrible how people treat others. This is a children's game. I think everyone should just be nice to others and help out. If you need help, my name is Rogan DuskWhisper. I have Storm and Balance Grandmaster. I'm on my Balance Wizard a lot. I have a Life Wizard and a Fire Wizard. I am usually farming for gold&clothes&wands&furniture with my best-friend Suri Mancer.
If you need help on a quest come find me!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Having been on RPG's long before they went massive (we're going back to the 1990s), I know where "noob" was originated.

The word "noob" originally meant (and still does to the old-time gamers) somebody being rude, belligerent, annoying, mean, etc. A new player was called a "newbie" or "newb". The kids swapped one for the other, because "noob" was easier to type.

Most people who use the word "noob" to mean a low-level player do so in a rude way. Ironically, that makes them "noobs". Such people automatically go on my ignore list.

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
Going back to the 1980's (yea we had computers and international games before the Web), noob meant a newbie, usually one without a clue. ("Clueless was used more often in real life.)

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
I don't like the term noob because it stands for new-be or something else like that. I have three wizards, one almost done with ds, one in KT and one still in WC. Now since noob means new-be it means that your new to the game. I know that my wizards have all been called noobs at one point and time and on my first guy, Aaron FireStone, i really was a noob when they called me one. But now that i have advanced on that character to a point where i am almost a grand master being reffered to as a noob on any of my characters is not correct. I am definitly not new to the game and i have experience as a wizard. So let's say there's a level forty who runs into some level five and calls the level five a noob. Wouldn't you feel stupid if you were that level forty and you learned that the level five had FIVE grandmasters? I know that i would because that is definitly not a noob. But i am not innocent in this. I've gotten a little annoyed everyone once in a while by novice wizards and have called them noobs once or twice but its not something i'd do again. I don't like it when people are called noobs because they could have been playing from the first day it came out and they're just too nice to prove to the few stuck up maguses, masters and grandmasters that they know way more about the game then they do. Come all people can't we all just show everyone a little respect and if you have to say something about someone don't say it on the game.

From your fellow wizards in training
Aaron Firestone lvl 49 fire
Aaron Hunter lvl 17 life
Aaron SkyBlade lvl 9 storm

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
The game is for kids, plus the novices most likely DONT have text chat, so you might want to take a note about that, BUT if they do you should try and report, ignore or break up the fight.