Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why can't I find her?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 04, 2010
My fourteen year old daughter and I are both playing, we have a family account. I guess that I thought somehow we would be linked as friends or something already because of that. We aren't. We decided to meet in the library so that we could befreind each other. She was at the bottom of the stairs, so was I; I could see her on her laptop screen and vice versa. However, I couldn't see her on my screen and vice versa. We waited awhile because we thought there might be a lag time or something; we never appeared to each other. Should we try again or am I doing something wrong? Please help. Thanks!

Because you know each other outside of Wizard101, you can exchange what is called a True Friend Code.

To Get or Check a True Friend Code, open your Friends panel and click on the 0101 button.

This will open the True Friends Code panel, and allow you to either Get a Code, or Check a Code. Make sure you give these codes only to people you know outside of Wizard101.

One of you needs to Get a Code, then give it to the other.
The second person then Enters the Code.

Now that you've exchanged True Friend codes, you will show up on each other's Friends list right away. Players that you have exchanged True Friend Codes with, outside of Wizard101 will show with their names in Green in the Friends Panel.

Now when you want to play together, you can just use the Friends panel to teleport to each other quickly!

Hope that answers your question, and you can find out more information about True Friend codes here: https://www.wizard101.com/game/truefriendcode

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Hero
Aug 23, 2009
You may also want to be sure the two of you are in the same realm and area at the same location. If you aren't in same realm and area you could wait all day at same location and never find each other. You can switch realms and areas in the options menu and click on the icon that looks like two dark ball bearings. The switch realm option should be easy to do from there. Good luck finding each other.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
dont forget there are different realms in the game and maybe you 2 were on different realms. tell each other to meet at a certain realm and then meet at a place there, then become friends

Hero
May 27, 2009
Another tip is, once the two wizards are True Friends, click on the star next to those wizard names in their friends list. When the star is filled in yellow, that name will remain at the top of the list. I use that to keep family members' wizards sorted from other players. Makes them very easy to find and port to.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
Spring72 wrote:
My fourteen year old daughter and I are both playing, we have a family account. I guess that I thought somehow we would be linked as friends or something already because of that. We aren't. We decided to meet in the library so that we could befreind each other. She was at the bottom of the stairs, so was I; I could see her on her laptop screen and vice versa. However, I couldn't see her on my screen and vice versa. We waited awhile because we thought there might be a lag time or something; we never appeared to each other. Should we try again or am I doing something wrong? Please help. Thanks!

You need to be in the same realm, area, and place.