Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Another privacy option, please.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
I have a Grandmaster Sorcerer and a Grandmaster Life, and neither can get a moment's peace in the game.

From the moment I log on, I am spammed with help requests and friends who want to have long and meaningful conversations when I would just like some time to myself to do my own thing.
Now, our only option is to remove them, which is no option at all.

Please let us have the option of offline status when we choose to go it alone for awhile.

KI, would this be a programming nightmare, or something we could have as a most welcome addition to Options?

You've given us a nice array of privacy options, but use any of them on your friends, and you have a whole new set of problems. :(

If this has been said before on the Forums, it bears repeating.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Agreed that an "invisible" option would be nice. In addition (or as an alternative), an option to turn off PM's would be nice. So that the entire layout wouldn't need to be redesigned, it could be put in the same place as "Allow Friend Teleports" as "Allow Friend Teleports/PM's) as the options of "Neither", "Teleports", "PMs", "Both".

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I agree completely!!!!

I am selective about my friends and do not want to de-friend them simply because they ask for help or want to talk every time I sign on. We all need help at some point. I would LOVE to go into "stealth mode" every now and then though to just play the game and not feel rotten when I don't feel like helping or talking.

KI please seriously consider this option.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
There is an option that says "Ignore." This will put them on your ignore list and you won't get anything from them. When you are ready to have them as friends again, you can reinstate them.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Sanmil, what we are asking for is a blanket invisible mode rather than going through every person on our friends list and clicking ignore, which is conspicuous at best.

We would just like the ability to quietly play the game for a little while at times, invisible to all, and then turn off that feature when we are ready to chat and help everyone.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
sanmil0963 wrote:
There is an option that says "Ignore." This will put them on your ignore list and you won't get anything from them. When you are ready to have them as friends again, you can reinstate them.

That's not something you would do to your friends if you expect to keep them.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:

Putting someone on ignore does remove them from your list even if you click do not ignore.

I too would love a do not disturb option. So many times when i log on i get "Help", "Hannah, how you been?", "Can my friend see your house?", etc... There are times when i just want to be alone without someone PM me ever minute to tell me their progress in a quest. (my nephew does that, so ignore is not an option.) Even if i have teleports off, which to me means i don't want to be bothered, people still whisper to me endlessly. I believe a do not disturb or invisibility option would help many players enjoy a peaceful day on line.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
If you ignore a friend and then take them off the list they will not reappear on your friends list and unless you see each other all the time then you want get them back.

I like the suggestion to be invisable the other suggestion is to say NO and keep saying no. That helping others is fun when you have time but when you just want to talk to friends or pvp or do your own quests that constant text and pleading can be much.

Good luck

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
superluther wrote:
sanmil0963 wrote:

Putting someone on ignore does remove them from your list even if you click do not ignore.

I too would love a do not disturb option. So many times when i log on i get "Help", "Hannah, how you been?", "Can my friend see your house?", etc... There are times when i just want to be alone without someone PM me ever minute to tell me their progress in a quest. (my nephew does that, so ignore is not an option.) Even if i have teleports off, which to me means i don't want to be bothered, people still whisper to me endlessly. I believe a do not disturb or invisibility option would help many players enjoy a peaceful day on line.

You are mistaken. Putting someone on your Ignore list does not remove them. If you remove someone from your list they are just gone. If you put them on Ignore, you still have the option to put them back onto the active friends list. The only way you can totally remove someone is hit the "Remove" button. See below for instruction on how to place someone to ignore and than place back on your friends list.

If you ignore a friend and then take them off the list they will not reappear on your friends list and unless you see each other all the time then you want get them back.

If you put someone on your Ignore list, it does not remove them. It only prevents them from communicating with you. If you hit the toggle at the top of the friends list, you will come across a list that states "Ignore." Here you will find all friends you put on the list. If you want to reinstate them onto your active friends list, you click on "Don't Ignore" and poof, they are back on there.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
sanmil0963 wrote:

If you put someone on your Ignore list, it does not remove them. It only prevents them from communicating with you. If you hit the toggle at the top of the friends list, you will come across a list that states "Ignore." Here you will find all friends you put on the list. If you want to reinstate them onto your active friends list, you click on "Don't Ignore" and poof, they are back on there.

It certainly does remove them. They have to be added back. Try it and see.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
The purpose of the Ignore Button is so you won't see messages from those Ignored.
This is used for those players who are being a nuisance in one way or other, and not a casual option to avoid your friends.

I'll also say this won't set well with your friends, and that friend list holds 100 - which means you would have to ignore each and every one as they come online.
None of that makes for peaceful game play, and actually creates more issues that it would solve.

We want to appear as offline to everyone until we choose to appear online on everyone's friend lists.
This avoids hard feelings and ensures privacy when you want to play without interruption. Everyone needs some alone time to play in peace when you choose to.

It's not out of the question, as most other games have this feature.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Problem: when you hit don't ignore, they are now gone from your friends list, so be careful who you ignore!

Rogan Firehammer

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:
superluther wrote:
sanmil0963 wrote:

You are mistaken. Putting someone on your Ignore list does not remove them. If you remove someone from your list they are just gone. If you put them on Ignore, you still have the option to put them back onto the active friends list. The only way you can totally remove someone is hit the "Remove" button. See below for instruction on how to place someone to ignore and than place back on your friends list.

Have you done this? I have and they do not magically reappear on friends list again. Furthermore, to me the ignore list is for the people that irritated me in some way not to use on a friend, especially the ones that i am related to or have had on my list for over a year.

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:
superluther wrote:
sanmil0963 wrote:

Nope, it deletes them, trust me, i learned the hard way

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:

I just tried that and it didn't work. Perhaps the person needs to be online before they are put back on your friends list. With a hit-or-miss like this, it doesn't seem to be a viable option to those who want to keep their friends.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I do this all the time, because I didn't know notice that the remove button was there. I have placed people on my ignore list and than placed them back without any problems.

KI could you please resolve this issue. I have never had a problem restoring someone to my friends list once I have it don't ignore.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
I'm looking forward to a fly-by post from Zeke or Lydia here, just to acknowledge the problem and hopefully pass it on to the powers that be. Yes, I may be waiting awhile, but still.

At a certain level, you become the 'Go-to' players, and everyone expects you to jump in and help out on demand.
I suppose they assume that at Grandmaster, you have nothing left to do and are just hanging out at the Help Desk.
Trust me - we are not wearing a cape and tights watching the night sky for the Bat Signal.
We have our own stuff to do, too.

In all honesty, I'm beginning to have second thoughts about logging in to play.
KI, we are not exaggerating when we say we are not left to play the game in peace like any other player can expect.

As it is, clearing your friend list is our only option, which is no option at all.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
I could be wrong but i tried it to see if i was wrong and whenever i ignored someone then removed them from my ignore list they did not automatically return to my friend list.

To make sure that I didn't lose anyone I did it while my friends where right in front of me told them to try to and we all had add each other again.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Even if the Ignore/Don't Ignore actually worked for online AND offline friends, having a single button to Hide/Unhide oneself is still a much preferrable alternative to clicking on everyone on your Friend's list and Ignoring them, then clicking everyone on your Ignore list (and trying to remember those people you DO want to keep Ignored) to bring them back as Friends again.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
Preacher7719 wrote:
Even if the Ignore/Don't Ignore actually worked for online AND offline friends, having a single button to Hide/Unhide oneself is still a much preferrable alternative to clicking on everyone on your Friend's list and Ignoring them, then clicking everyone on your Ignore list (and trying to remember those people you DO want to keep Ignored) to bring them back as Friends again.

This is the very thing we need for all the reasons listed here.

Even if Ignore worked for this purpose, the time it would take to go down the list and back would use up a fair portion of your playing time.
A simple option to be shown as offline would solve it completely.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
I like the idea of invisible too, like on Yahoo email. Maybe it has to be a two-way street though; if you turn it on, you can't see if your friends are on line either.

What I would like to see is the ability to access a list of where a friend and myself had a battle, maybe date, maybe levels of each player. That would be a major undertaking on KI's part. Might be able to turn it into a logging/debugging feature. Also could use up alot of hard drive space keeping track of 10,000,000 players, besides all the data the system has to keep track of, like where is the rug in the dorm, etc.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
If KI did implement this, I wonder what would happen if you were in the same area as someone on your friends list whilst it was active. Would they see you? Would your name be purple to your friend?

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
I love the invisible idea! I appreciate a little quiet play or farming when I first get on early in the morning (and am drinking my coffee :)

Some friends get annoyed if you don't run to help them. I know how it feels to have 2-3 requests for help at a time.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
minxymoo wrote:
If KI did implement this, I wonder what would happen if you were in the same area as someone on your friends list whilst it was active. Would they see you? Would your name be purple to your friend?

I would assume names would be the standard blue if you were playing in stealth mode.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009