Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lower levels in Celestia

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I am curious. A huge problem in game right now is low level wizards in high level areas where they don't belong,and the ensuing problems that are caused for nearly everyone. This subject has been brought up in many threads,with many good solutions to fix the problem suggested, yet KI has been for the most part silent on this matter. So I would like to know,is this problem going to be addressed and fixed before Celestia launches,or will we be inundated with more of the same issues that are plaguing us now? If i see a flood of low levels causing problems, i think I will skip Celestia and just start hanging around the commons in Wizard City. Maybe I can start shouting "I need a girl!" like the others do and see what happens. I would very much like a reply on this subject KI. :)

Adherent
May 20, 2010
My understanding is that when Celestia comes out on "open", only those who have defeated Malistaire will be able to enter. That should keep wizards at a high enough level to suit you.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
colagada wrote:
My understanding is that when Celestia comes out on "open", only those who have defeated Malistaire will be able to enter. That should keep wizards at a high enough level to suit you.

Obviously, you are missing the gist of the topic. Our complaint is that low levels are porting to friends in higher worlds and causing havoc with other wizards' gameplay. There are well ove 5 separate topics on this subject that has cropped up in just the last few weeks. And KI has refused to make any type of comment on any of those threads. With another world coming out soon, Pyrsik (and everyone else) is wondering whether we will continue to see these low-level wizards popping up everywhere in Celestia or whether or not KI is going to place some sort of restriction in regards to world jumping porting by low level wizards (i.e., if you haven't opened up the world by completing quests, you can't port to someone there).

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I don't see how they will stop them from entering, unless they do something about the porting. That is how they get in, by asking a higher level wizard to take them in or port to them without consent.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Is this REALLY the HUGE problem everyone tries to make it? I mean, honestly, I have three Grands and very, very rarely have I ever seen anyone of extremely low levels doing anything other than looking around the higher worlds. Yet, thread after thread says it's ruining gameplay. How many of these lower levels are fifth and sixth wizards like mine, who get rides in order to advance their crafting quests? The last time a lower level wizard joined a battle in Dragonspyre - the Gurtok Demon, I think it was - he tried his darnedest and wasn't really a liability at all to the other three of us in the battle.

Give the kids a break for their curiosity and/or immaturity. If they bug you, find yourself a perfect realm. I play mostly in Leprechaun or Satyr and there's plenty of room for all.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Its other people porting them is the real problem. Then they constanly bug higher levels to help them all the time. Alot of them got a mouth on them to. I saw a 30 something Life Wizard fighting the demon oni. a female named Kaylenn. Typing loop wholes to cus on chat at people, and calling people noobs, and saying I am not gonna heal someone its a waste of PiPs. Blah, Blah.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
i have an idea when celestia opens for wizards to enter just walk around celestia with your friend teleports off there problem solved

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
Somehow, I believe this was overlooked like the mistake on enchanted treasure cards.

KI just made it so you must have the completed the entire quest to get the Savior of the Spiral Badge, so hopefully this change is also in the works.

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
colagada wrote:

Not really, because then we are back to the original problem, lower levels porting in for badges and such, because the 'savior of the spiral' badge (Incase you havent noticed) Has been floating above the heads of many low levels lately, why? Because they use their higher level friends to get to dragonspyre and fight malistare, without really fighting, its happened to me before.

Have you ever tried getting a level 19, 4, and 1 through malistare before? Its REALLY FREAKING HARD.

I dont overall mind lower levels porting in because they are really curious to see what the commons of a world looks like, but when they just want to go to the shopping district or for you to keep them alive in battles so they can get badges and drops, thats where I get annoyed. :?

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
I think, if people want to port to friends to go to Celestia, they should be AT LEAST level 40/45 to get in. (By porting)

I remember when I was fighting an Earth Elemental in DS, and a level 10 got in the fight somehow. And only had 800 health or something like that. He only used 1,2 and 3 rank spells. I wasn't going to heal him, it was his fault for being in the battle.

Anyways, I absolutely agree. (:

Sincerely,

Elizabeth MistLeaf(Level 43 Master Thaumaturge)

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I really don't see this as a big problem, most of the lower level friends I have never port to me, and when they do they ask first. The few that were random porters got deleted. I've seen lower level players all over the spiral and have never considered it a problem because usually they realize after a battle or two and getting killed quickly they don't belong there and go back to their own quests. Yes there will always be those few who are annoying, but most players who are lower level and port to see where I am at make that apart of their motivation to level up and get there themselves. Just ignore the annoying ones.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
The lower level wizards that beat malistaire cant get in celestia. you need to do the quest,"The Final Countdown". then talk to professer balestrom for a quest(doesnt matter what school you are)to do something. so lower lvl wizards cant get in.my freind, elizabeth goldensword and i e=beat malisataire but didnt get to celestia.(I was lvl 46,she was lvl 25)so that proves lower lvl wizards cant get in celestia unless they do the quest.(you get the quest by the story line quests)

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
woot000 wrote:
The lower level wizards that beat malistaire cant get in celestia. you need to do the quest,"The Final Countdown". then talk to professer balestrom for a quest(doesnt matter what school you are)to do something. so lower lvl wizards cant get in.my freind, elizabeth goldensword and i e=beat malisataire but didnt get to celestia.(I was lvl 46,she was lvl 25)so that proves lower lvl wizards cant get in celestia unless they do the quest.(you get the quest by the story line quests)

Wrong. Lower levels will get into Celestia the same way they get everywhere else,they will port to people who have them on their friends list.Some will do nothing more than help their friend and leave, which is not a problem. The problem is the people who let anyone on their friends list,and allow them to port. Some of these people then go on and cause disruptions everywhere for others.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2008
I think celestia should be for levels 29 or 28 and up because levels 29 and 28 are strong enough to help higher levels. And a lot of people under grandmaster level want to see celestia (including me).

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
Adding my support to this, for what it's worth.

There has to be restrictions on entering any world by virtue of having done all the quests to earn your way in, or what's the point of the Spiral Keys?

I'm all for earning your levels, earning your passage to the next worlds and playing the game the way it was intended to be played. Keep the challenge in the game or it's rather pointless.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:
I am curious. A huge problem in game right now is low level wizards in high level areas where they don't belong,and the ensuing problems that are caused for nearly everyone. This subject has been brought up in many threads,with many good solutions to fix the problem suggested, yet KI has been for the most part silent on this matter. So I would like to know,is this problem going to be addressed and fixed before Celestia launches,or will we be inundated with more of the same issues that are plaguing us now? If i see a flood of low levels causing problems, i think I will skip Celestia and just start hanging around the commons in Wizard City. Maybe I can start shouting "I need a girl!" like the others do and see what happens. I would very much like a reply on this subject KI. :)
i go to dragonspire all the time and i am under level so just stop whineing!

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
Gianna2799 wrote:
I think celestia should be for levels 29 or 28 and up because levels 29 and 28 are strong enough to help higher levels. And a lot of people under grandmaster level want to see celestia (including me).

well work to see it then

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
this topic might be addressed in the new update that will come out with the new houses. i remember reading in one of the update info lists that there will be new restrictions on friends of friends porting in to your house uninvited. maybe KI is looking at something similar for the lower levels porting in to DS or Celestia... if not a block on them for not completing the proper story line quests...

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:

ok PLEASE dont yell "i need a girl!"

its just SAD to see people do that!

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:

I totally agree with you i have never been to that world b/c i am still in ds but i noticed that apprentices are running around in grizzle and mb and ds so much that it is pretty annoying for them to keep asking me and other masters/grands to help them in the battles that they get themselfs into

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
sammypaul9 wrote:

I wasn't whining.I posted a a thread about a existing problem that adversely affects a lot of players. Also, after reading your reply,you might seriously want to invest more time in English, and less time on this game,as your skills are seriously lacking.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
TwinkleJinx wrote:
Adding my support to this, for what it's worth.

There has to be restrictions on entering any world by virtue of having done all the quests to earn your way in, or what's the point of the Spiral Keys?

I'm all for earning your levels, earning your passage to the next worlds and playing the game the way it was intended to be played. Keep the challenge in the game or it's rather pointless.

You should have to have the spiral key to the world to get in. Cause then you wouldnt know that world existed and you wouldnt be able to port to something that you didnt know existed.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
honestly i agree on both sides. when i was around level 30 i asked friends if i could try to help them. I was doing this to help them and when i had nothing to do i would do the side quest in DS. I used it as a way to level quicker and i beat the game at level 42. In my opinion dont do that for one it makes it extremely hard to level if you have beat DS and MS so I am waiting for Celestia to come out. It is a pain to see lower wizards around MS and DS but i have no problem if they are actually trying to help and not being a bother.

VictoriaSilverhunter level 48 necromancer

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
On the privacy opinations you can choose weither you want them to port OR not. Hope this helps, Destiny Lifeblossom lvl 43

Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
Pyrsik wrote:
sammypaul9 wrote:

I wasn't whining.I posted a a thread about a existing problem that adversely affects a lot of players. Also, after reading your reply,you might seriously want to invest more time in English, and less time on this game,as your skills are seriously lacking.

That was a bit unnecessary. You could've said it a little better, even if you were being sarcastic. Just a thought.

Well you can always turn off ports. Unless, of course, someone who wants to help you with a quest is unable to get to you because you turned them off...

Sure, KI could import some ideas people have suggested to help stop it, but others can always find a way around something. It's just how people are.

Sadly, you can't really prevent everything from happening, such as lower level wizards going to places like Dragonspyre. If its what they want to do, then you can't boss them around. I say give it some time, and lets just wait and see what will happen in Celestia.