Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life Pet with Myth talents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
I seem to have a vague memory that the life pets like my Earth Walker would have talents pertaining to life and not myth. Is this going to happen?

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
The release notes mentioned fixing this, but my Earth Walker still gives myth talents. Did it not get fixed, or did the fix not apply to already-acquired talents? I certainly expected to receive the correct life school equivalents after the update.

I've been waiting to hatch with the Earth Walker, because those myth talents that get inherited would be useless and not fixable.

Hmm, I'll look into this.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
Thanks Zeke. It would be great if the Myth Shot he gets that is only minimally useful was a Life Shot. I was reading over on Central that the existing Life pets will not be changed, but the new ones would be fixed. I hope that is not the case.

Just an update on the Mythy Earth Walker. I leveled him up to Ancient tonight and lo and behold I now have Myth proof of 7% and Myth shot of 4%. While that is a nice addition in terms of resistance to off schools now that Angus is wearing upper level Life gear, the accuracy boost is less than useful. I know this is a lower priority issue and it is important to me because it is my ox being gored, but still it is not good to have a life pet that other than being pip friendly and another weapon in the limited arsenal of a life charcacter the talents it manifests are of limited value to a life school person.
I sure hope I am not stuck with myth simply because I bought it earlier than the update.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Yea guess what my bronze helephant which is LIFE school got DEATH shot(+6% Death Accuracy) Which is like SOOOOOOO wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Zeke,
I too would like to know if all life pets with myth talents are going to be converted or if only, new pets made after the maintanance will be affected.
If you could post the answer in this thread so that we know where to find it? Please?