Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Subscribers get Crowns

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
I am a subscriber and I really enjoy the special features, but I really think we need a little more.

Well, when we fight we get gold right? Well how about when us subscribers get credit after a battle we get crowns? It makes sense. We already payed for a subscription so why pay again for crowns?

Please comment below about what you think. Its ok to agree or disagree.

Brianna Wildblood
lvl.45 Pyromancer
Aeronaut

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:
I am a subscriber and I really enjoy the special features, but I really think we need a little more.

Well, when we fight we get gold right? Well how about when us subscribers get credit after a battle we get crowns? It makes sense. We already payed for a subscription so why pay again for crowns?

Brianna Wildblood
lvl.45 Pyromancer
Aeronaut

Sounds like a good Idea I pay for both, and I feel like I am kinda getting ripped off. It should be free to play with item mall, or pay to play without item mall. not both.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
I complety agree with you i feel the pain of not having crowns even tho i already have payed for the game, I felt what it's like to being a crown player on the test realm it was actually real FUN, and more thingss to do, It seems less fun without, But this is my oppinon. Thanks.

Edward sky ~ Level 48 life wizard.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Igloogirl3 wrote:

Brianna Wildblood
lvl.45 Pyromancer
Aeronaut

That would be nice wouldn't it. cause the only thing differant us
subscribers get to do, is too go over and log on to W101 beta server.
imo, 74M3.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
KI is seriously neglecting it's subscribers,and if that mentality doesn't change,it will come back and haunt them in the long run. People will simply abandon them and spend their money elsewhere.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
If they did this, which will NEVER happen, KI could shut down from lack of money they get from crown payments. Giving you free crowns means they lose money for their staff, and technology and programs used to make this game. So go ahead and wish for selfishness for the cost of risking a lot of peoples' happyness to be shut down

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:
KI is seriously neglecting it's subscribers,and if that mentality doesn't change,it will come back and haunt them in the long run. People will simply abandon them and spend their money elsewhere.

Ummm, stop and consider the other MMOGs:

Spend $20+ month and get a sub plus the crowns equalivent.

or

Wizard 101's $10 or less ($5 with the yearly special) and then decide how many crowns you wish to additionally purchase.

Hmmmm, for some reason $5/month plus the ability to control additional spending seems a lot more fair than what you wish.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
How are they neglecting it's subscribers. You are getting exactly what you paid for: full access to all the worlds for the length of your subscription.

You do not need Crowns in order to play or complete the game whatsoever. Some of the Crown items are even purchasable with in-game gold. Many of the Crown items are even included as drops by some bosses.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
How are they neglecting it's subscribers. You are getting exactly what you paid for: full access to all the worlds for the length of your subscription.

You do not need Crowns in order to play or complete the game whatsoever. Some of the Crown items are even purchasable with in-game gold. Many of the Crown items are even included as drops by some bosses.

I should have clairified what i said better. The author of the thread was specifically referring to crowns, I was not. I was just using it as one example of how subscribers are neglected in this game. Many other mmorpg's offer the equivalent of crowns to their subs every month. A good example would be DDO. It's a popular game and uses a currency just like crowns,but calls them points instead. Subs get 500 free points<crowns> every month. This is just one example of how a sub could get some much needed perks from KI,but there are other avenues they could pursue as well. Giving subs access to the test realm is about the only perk we get here,and that really does not show much appreciation to us from KI imo.

Survivor
May 04, 2010
How about they put crowns (or anything worthwhile) in the Silver Chests?

Lately I've just been passing them by - the "rewards" just aren't worth my time spent playing the mini-game.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The simple fact is that Crowns items are a convenience. They may make the game easier, but they certainly aren't necessary to play the game. It's a luxury item, and high-stat Crowns equipment is the lazy way to play. I played my Life wizard solo from Tutorial up to Malistaire, and in groups for Malistaire, Briskbreeze and the Marleybone warehouse, without the use of any Crowns equipment. The only item that I could have purchased for Crowns, a broom mount, was bought with gold.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
I think a better way would be to discount our crown purchases, like $5 buys 2500, why not $5 buys say 3500 or even 3000 since we do already subscribe and to continue to play we gotta continue to subscribe.

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
I am a working adult player, I was talking to our OP/IT person the other day about some of the complaints posted here about what is free or use crowns . My boss is trying to figure out how KI covers the costs for wizard 101 (all costs:paychecks, servers, the whole package) when all the charge is for subscribers 5-7$ a month depending. I have the sale price on mine so it averagse to $5 per month per account.
Where can you get everything you get in this game for that!
I have plenty of gold earned->saved->bought items ! I am glad the pet hatching was reduced since it takes alot less time now to save!
****But players have to realize what we get in proportion to what we actually pay, go but i game off the shelf that keeps giving up changes and updates for no charge! that would be a rare find!*****
I have played a year, renewed the first account, second one not due till end of year. If i wasn't happy I would have left.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
You guys all have a point. I guess I didnt think about it a lot before posting.
But cant you at least get 1 - 3 crowns from battle?
I dont wanna sound selfish or greedy by the way.

P.S. Dont post any bad comments, and dont get into arguments!

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
Igloogirl3 wrote:

Brianna Wildblood
lvl.45 Pyromancer
Aeronaut
KI would lose money

Survivor
Jun 04, 2008
colagada wrote:
The simple fact is that Crowns items are a convenience. They may make the game easier, but they certainly aren't necessary to play the game. It's a luxury item, and high-stat Crowns equipment is the lazy way to play.

I resent your blanket statement that all people who buy crowns are "playing lazy". I work 8 hrs a day and take courses 3 evenings a week and most of the weekend. I buy crowns and I'm far from lazy. People buy crowns for different reasons some of which have nothing to do with advancing in the game and making a statement like that about a whole group of ppl most of whom you don't know is ignorant. And since I also only pay $5 a month which I think is really cheap I'm glad to help and support the game.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Wont ever happen. Then people who open up areas with crowns will complain.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
I don't see why subs can't just use gold to buy everything thats in the crown shop i mean we can get some mounts so why not just give subs a gold version

of whats in the shop and let the crown users buy with crowns ...its a real easy fix that way the subs get all the things that crown ppl get and crown ppl don't

lose anything its good for KI because if your a sub and you want to use crowns you can but if your a sub and you can't use crowns well you know with a little

work you can use your gold ... makes everyone happy ...now send me my cookies cause i rock

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
maybe subscribers should get like 50 crowns a month...not much just take it into consideration KI

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
I have stated this before, and I like it, so I will state it again:

I think it would benefit both KI and subscribers to offer bonus crowns to any account who renews their subscription. On renews only, and not offered on the subscription sales (i.e. 1-year @ $60). My initial breakdown (and this could use more thought put into it):
1-month renew = 200 crowns bonus
Family plan accounts = 160 crowns bonus each account

Basically it looks like 20 crowns per dollar in renewed subscriptions, not much, but people could buy a henchmen, or temporary costume, or temporary potions, maybe refill pet energy once. You know...the little things in the game that may not receive much attention.