Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

LVL 50 XP IMPORTANT INFO

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
Since the new world is coming out soon, we got these quests from Halstrom and it gives a good amount of experience. So I was just wondering about all the experience that we got AFTER we reached level 50. When they make the maximum level higher will we get back all the experience that we got before even though it didnt count since we were max level? Because if they're raising the level i dont want to do the quest now because if i did it after the lvl increased it would help me lvl up faster. Can anyone answer my question? :?

And as we've stated before, after level 50, no new experience is rewarded. Experience you would have normally received from quests or duels that you complete after you reach level 50 is lost.

When Celestia is released later this year, you will once again be able to earn experience, but you will not be retroactively credited for the experience you would have gained from quests and duels that you completed after you reached level 50.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Historian
Jun 14, 2009
ProspectorZeke wrote:
And as we've stated before, after level 50, no new experience is rewarded. Experience you would have normally received from quests or duels that you complete after you reach level 50 is lost.

When Celestia is released later this year, you will once again be able to earn experience, but you will not be retroactively credited for the experience you would have gained from quests and duels that you completed after you reached level 50.

I know you probably won't post this and it is understandable if you don't, but I just have to ask. Do ever get tired of answering the same question over and over again?

sanmil0963 wrote:

I know you probably won't post this and it is understandable if you don't, but I just have to ask. Do ever get tired of answering the same question over and over again?

Nah :) I don't mind. I may seem gruff and grumpy sometimes, but I really do love helping out!

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Defender
Nov 24, 2009
ProspectorZeke wrote:
sanmil0963 wrote:

Nah :) I don't mind. I may seem gruff and grumpy sometimes, but I really do love helping out!
ok thx i love you guys to my heart

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
But isnt it unfair for the wizards who were lvl 50 before they changed the maximum lvl. It puts us at an unfair advantage since the new wizards get to start have more xp since they didnt have to wait for the maximum level to come out. All grandmasters get to try to complete the quest from halston but why are you guys giving experience to do it when the only people who get this quest are lvl 50. It makes no sense because the reward that comes from doing the quest is something that we cant even get since were already grand and thats the maximum lvl for RITE NOW.
Shouldnt you have given the quest later after they change the lvl to 60 because then at least we could get the experience. I just dont see the point of making the reward experience when everyone who got the quest is lvl 50 and rite now it doesnt even help us.

Survivor
May 04, 2009
devilwearspink211 wrote:
But isnt it unfair for the wizards who were lvl 50 before they changed the maximum lvl. It puts us at an unfair advantage since the new wizards get to start have more xp since they didnt have to wait for the maximum level to come out. All grandmasters get to try to complete the quest from halston but why are you guys giving experience to do it when the only people who get this quest are lvl 50. It makes no sense because the reward that comes from doing the quest is something that we cant even get since were already grand and thats the maximum lvl for RITE NOW.
Shouldnt you have given the quest later after they change the lvl to 60 because then at least we could get the experience. I just dont see the point of making the reward experience when everyone who got the quest is lvl 50 and rite now it doesnt even help us.

Total agreement. When I saw that the MAX Cap was still on even though I was doing all this work, I stopped the preview quests. I guess I'll start back up when the MAX Cap is removed because I don't want to lose all the XP just because the MAX Cap is in place, but should really be removed now that the preview quests are in place. It is unfair to anyone who does the preview quests now, versus later.

Come on KI, you should be able to see the logic issues created by the decision to keep the MAX Cap in place. Remove the MAX Cap.

It is the only correct and sensible answer.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
"When Celestia is released later this year..." Exactly when, later this year? I thought that was what this last update was for. I am confused.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
what if instead of experience we get gold at the maximuim level it could be you get 1 gold for every 50 xp

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
It does seem like a waste for anyone who is level 50 to complete the pre-Celestia quests now if they don't get XP. While I don't mind helping out others through DS, it is a waste to not get XP in prequests since we have been waiting for so long to get real new world and increase XP maximum. I for one am waiting until I can get XP again before starting Celestia pre questing. I gave up on test realm since it does nothing in live realm, only previews few quests before Celestia comes out. If KI wants to engage the long term, high level players, raise the level cap now and get our mouths watering for more, just basic common sense.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
Don't worry about it guys, KI's got it covered, they'll release celestia with enough XP to get you to level 65.

And in the end, the game is about haveing fun, and totally demoliting and conquering the wizard world and making everyone jelous is only part of the fun!

Celestia will be fun wether or not i'm 50 or 53 :P.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
Yea but it would be more fun if we had a head start. I mean all those battles that we did that we didnt get XP for is just unfair. I'd rather be at lvl 53 than 50 because then at least i'll get a nice head start and it would kinda be a reward for all the "helping" i did to the other wizards and didnt get any XP for it.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
ProspectorZeke wrote:

So all grandmasters should NOT do any of the Celestia pre-quests until Celestia is released.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Community Leader
I don;t mind waiting until Celestia is out to get more xp. I am very grateful that Ki is raising the cap level for the new world don't get me wrong , but I would of done it even without a raise ;) I have a death wizard made in 08 that loves all kinds of new stuff ;)

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
My life character has been lvl 50 for months. I still play because I still have fun. I don't care what lvl my character is when Celestia opens because this is a GAME. I don't want a head start. We will all be equal when Celestia opens, just as we were when we first started playing Wizard101. What's wrong with that?
Keep up the good work KI. I love this game, as do my grandchildren, who got me into it.

Calamity Sparkelheart
Lvl 50 Life Wizard :D