Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

53 point pet + 55 point pet = 52 point egg

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Why did my egg turn out to have a lower point total than either of my pets that I mixed together?

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I wish I had an answer to this question, as well. Makes zero sense and is frustrating when you spend that kind of gold to hatch to get a weaker pet than its parents. KI please fix this glitch.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
The number you are referring to is the pedigree, which is simply the total of all the possible traits pet can manifest. Each trait is scored according to rarity (1-4). When you breed pets it's random what traits you'll get from each parent's pet pool so you may get a higher or lower pedigree.

The pedigree is slightly misleading in terms of the value of the pet. You could hatch a pet that has better talents than the parents in spite of a lower pedigree.

Defender
May 08, 2009
I have no idea.I thought the new pets pedigree would always end up near the middle of the parents pedigree...

What I wonder is,is it possible to boost up the pedigree of a hatched pet or maybe though multiple generations of eggs.I seriously don't know the math for that.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
All this did was make me not want to mix pets anymore, not like I was hoping or wanting to. What is the point of mixing pets, spending the gold to do it, spending the time to train up pets and so on if there isn't any reward or improvement for doing so. I thought the obtained stats would be averaged together, not the initial points. I never expected to have a lower pedigreed pet than my lowest pedigree pet that I mixed. Once again, what is the point?

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
The Pedigree number is the total number of Rarity Points.
If mostly low-RP slots transfer from both parents, the Pedigree could drop below that of either parent.
If mostly high-RP slots transfer from both parents, the Pedigree could jump above that of either parent.
But, Pedigree number isn't as important as getting the specific abilities you want for the offspring to transfer and manifest.

A Pedigree-55 (22) pet isn't really any better than a Pedigree-52 (22) pet.
And a Pedigree-52 (20) pet could be a more useful pet than a Pedigree-55 (22) pet.
It depends on the specific abilities that actually manifest.

Defender
May 08, 2009
What if the adult's pedigrees were the same?Would the egg have the same pedigree, or would it still have a ranged pedigree?