Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Subscription question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2008
I subscribed yesterday and I didn't notice an option to cancel? Is the 9.95 fee recurring, or will I have to constantly buy more time every month? I'm hoping it's not recurring, because the subscription sign-up page is a little confusing, why not have a cancel subscription button?

Administrator
Select My Accounts from the left hand menu.
There you will see the instructions:
To unsubscribe, change the plan type to "Trial".

:-)

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Aug 02, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose, Sence your here can I ask a quick question?

When will I be able to purchase Crowns with 'in game' Gold?
So I can Buy another 30 days of play on W101?

Because I have way to much 'in game' gold with out
anything to spend it on!

Survivor
Jul 08, 2008
I've tried updating my subscription to Trial, but no matter how many times I do it, it still says "Subscription" and I'm going to be billed again on 10-24-08. I also can't remove my credit card information????

I just want to cancel, do I have to call you to get this taken care of?

I go to update subscription, I choose Trial, then I go through the motions like I'm placing an order for $0.00. Once that is done I go back to my account screen and it still says subscription? What do I do?

Survivor
Apr 03, 2008
Your "My Accounts" page will show the "Plan Type" as "Subscription" so long as you are paid up. So if you have changed your next plan back to "Trial" (or "Unsubscribe"), the "My Accounts" listing won't show that until your current subscription expires.

We have made some subtle changes to the Update Subscription Information in the last day. Hopefully that will make the unsubscribe process a little less confusing. If you are currently subscribed, there will now be an option in the drop-down list to change your subscription to "Unsubscribe". You will still need to complete the checkout to finalize your choice - but the next cost of the transaction will show as $0.00.

Survivor
May 28, 2009
THANK YOU SO MUCH i kinda messed up by buying a one month subscription when my mom though i was buying crowns so i felt sooooooo bad but now i dont thank you soo much for this form

Explorer
Sep 11, 2008
reckoner1 wrote:
I've tried updating my subscription to Trial, but no matter how many times I do it, it still says "Subscription" and I'm going to be billed again on 10-24-08. I also can't remove my credit card information????

I just want to cancel, do I have to call you to get this taken care of?

I go to update subscription, I choose Trial, then I go through the motions like I'm placing an order for $0.00. Once that is done I go back to my account screen and it still says subscription? What do I do?

It will say that just to inform you when the subscription ends. Your subscription continues for 1 month still, but it will not charge you for another month at the end of that month.

Destiny MistFist
Lvl 24 Diviner ( UPSET W/ IRONWORKS ) :x

Destiny MistGem
Lvl 37 Thaumaturge ( STUCK ) :x

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
just a quick question, if i cancel my subscription will i keep my characters/items/gold etc? i want to come back i just cant afford it this month. so if i cancel this month and resubscribe next month will my stuff still be there?

Administrator
Your answer, young Wizard, lies in our FAQ under the Help & Support Tab:

If I quit, will my Wizard be deleted?
No your Wizard is safely stored at Ravenwood School of Magical Arts. Even if you uninstall Wizard101 from your computer, your Wizard is still safe.

If you decide you no longer wish you keep a Wizard, you can delete them yourself at the Wizard selection screen by selecting the Wizard you wish to delete and pressing the Delete button. You will be prompted to enter a code to verify that you want to delete that Wizard.

If you accidentally deleted the wrong Wizard, contact customer support through the Contact Us link on the Help & Support page.

Mythwizard1218 wrote:
just a quick question, if i cancel my subscription will i keep my characters/items/gold etc? i want to come back i just cant afford it this month. so if i cancel this month and resubscribe next month will my stuff still be there?

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Select My Accounts from the left hand menu.
There you will see the instructions:
To unsubscribe, change the plan type to "Trial".

:)
thank you so much for telling me how to unsubscribe!!!!!!!!! i would sit here for 2 hours trying to figure out how to unsubscribe! so thank you thank you thank you!

Survivor
Aug 20, 2010
i got a subscription about a month and a half ago and i cant find the unsubscribe button i contacted wizard 101 for help but nothing helped. i did go to the "my accounts" but there is no unsubscribe button. what do i do? please help

bluealien101 wrote:
i got a subscription about a month and a half ago and i cant find the unsubscribe button i contacted wizard 101 for help but nothing helped. i did go to the "my accounts" but there is no unsubscribe button. what do i do? please help

From the Help & Support FAQ page:

Subscriptions are automatically renewed at the end of each purchased term. In order to cancel charges you will need to change your subscription to "unsubscribe" before the term ends. In order to make the change please do the following:

1. Go to www.wizard101.com
2. Login with your username & Password
3. Go to "My Accounts"
4. Next to the account you would like to cancel press the "Unsubscribe" button.
5. You will be prompted with a confirmation. Press 'OK' if you want to proceed.

This will stop billing for the next term and revert your account back to a trial basis. To see when your account will be set back to trial go to My Accounts and you will see the Subscription end date next to your username.

*** If there is NOT an unsubscribe button, this means the account is either already on Free Trial status or you have already unsubscribed the account.***

Please note, as per the Terms of Service Agreement:

REFUND POLICY

Wizard101 subscriptions are non-refundable unless there are technical issues that prevent initial access to the game and cannot be resolved by customer service. All purchases for in-game items are non-refundable.

Refunds will not be given to players who have been banned from the game for any reason, including violating the terms and conditions of use.

If you have any further questions about canceling your account, please contact Mr. Lincoln through Contact Us located on the Help & Support page.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.