Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Give me a good combi suggestion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2008
Was thinkering with the thought of making a life/myth combi or life/death combi or life/fire combi. The only downside to life/fire combi is that i have to waste trainning points on the elemental buffs and spirit buffs. With life/death and life/myth only spirit buffs are needed and can save 2 training points. However this 2 combinations feel like they lack punch.

What do you suggest? Any other good combi in mind? I am primary Life.

Community Leader
I use Life/Fire and am very happy with it. I tried Myth/Fire in beta, but the almost total lack of healing made every fight a race to defeat the encounter before I died. On the other hand, the dps was decent, and I had my cyclops pet to help with the buffing/debuffing and extra damage.

I think a Myth/Death combo would be a pretty fantastic solo build. Life/Fire is a little lacking in Damage. Storm/Balance might be a decent dps build, with Balance overcoming the problems with Storm's fizzle rate, but with no healing, it has the same problems as Myth/Fire gave me.

I'd love to try a Myth/Life build, though without Life as the primary school, you don't get the powerful version of the Pixie card, Fairy, and that severely limits the flexibility of Life in groups.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2008
Life and Storm are the best combo because you can heal and attack.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2008
My favorite so far is Life/Death with Myth jewelry. My damage is not the best but I can outlast most things. :)

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Aphasia wrote:
Was thinkering with the thought of making a life/myth combi or life/death combi or life/fire combi. The only downside to life/fire combi is that i have to waste trainning points on the elemental buffs and spirit buffs. With life/death and life/myth only spirit buffs are needed and can save 2 training points. However this 2 combinations feel like they lack punch.

What do you suggest? Any other good combi in mind? I am primary Life.

8)
I find Myth / Life - if balanced right - does anything BUT lacks punch!

However, with you being a Life Wizard, I would say Life / Death is your best combo, since it gives you a lot of healing options, the spells for both Schools have high success rates, and only becomes more attractive at higher levels once spells like "Vampire" (Death) and "Satyr" (Life) open up. I have a Life Wizard also (Artur Lifeweaver); and found it a potent combination. The true power behind Life / Death is the ability to out-live anything you face while wearing them down in smaller amounts. Be patient with this combo; It works slowly, but does work.

Thank you
8)

Community Leader
As a level 35 Life/Fire wizard, I have zero troubles in a fight. Life Blades combined with Seraph and Centaur with my Sprite Guardian out for healing means there is nothing I can't take on -- 4000 health Smogger and his friend in Katzenstein's Lab fell, and my only worry was whether I had enough damage in my deck to bring him down (I did).

My one regret is that I put so many training points into Fire. Fire is a great school of magic, but without being able to use Power Pips, it takes too long to bring out Meteor Storm and especially Phoenix. I perhaps would have been better off to just quit Fire at Meteor Storm so that I would have an AE card in my deck and move on to something else, like Balance.