Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Your Worst Nightmare? Most likely.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 23, 2009
Well, I'm absolutely dreading this place now. All the enemies, dungeons, bosses, etc. The worst thing is...I CAN'T SOLO! I play at the worst times, 10 pm to 1 pm. That's when no one is on. My 'friends' are never willing to help. And some of the enemies walking on the street are stronger than some MooShu bosses. :/

The real reason that I can't solo is that I'm an Ice Wizard. I know we can take a lot of damage, we have a lot of health, but the time I use my spells, I'm almost gone, then I'm finished off before I can use my spell.

Anybody else think this way? And I'm NOT looking for people saying 'No, Ds is awesome' or 'DS is the BEST'.

I'm looking for a complete opinion WHY, not just because it's 'awesome'.

P.S
Some tips for me would be nice, since I just started.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth MistLeaf (Level 42 Master Thaumaturge)

Adherent
May 20, 2010
I'm not surprised that it's difficult for you. You're under-leveled for Dragonsypre. You should be level 45.

You've apparently skipped a lot of side quests. You're going to want to go back through at least Dragonspyre, Mooshu and Marleybone (and preferably also Krokotopia and Wizard City) and do them. That means going back through every area of these worlds and looking for NPC's with an exclamation mark or question mark over their head. It may seem like a lot of drudgery, but you're going to have a much easier time of it when you're done. You should at least try to get to Level 45 before you continue Dragonspyre. In the process, you'll also accumulate a bit of gold from the drops and rewards.

The reason level 45 is important is because you can buy much better equipment at the Bazaar. Examples (and I realize there is probably better than what I'm listing): the Hood of Hibernation, Snowflower Cloak, Slippers of the Glacier, Firewinter's Ice Spark Blade , Rime-Edged Ring, etc. With these, you'll have more health to withstand the attacks, more mana, and (depending on what you choose) more power, defense, accuracy, and/or a higher chance of getting a power pip. All this means that you'll last longer and dish out higher damage faster.

One other thing that I recommend is going to Marleybone and buying a Troll's Ear Pendant. This gives two "Guiding Light" cards, which will add 40% to your Pixie or other healing spell.

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
Thank you for the tips. I've finished all of Wizard City and Krokotopia, I'll just need to go back and do Marleybone and MooShu.

And, I went to the Bazaar early, and so I already chose my robe and shoes. My necklace, is actually Hydra, I thought that'd help since I'd have three rank 6 spells. But, I'll get the Guiding Light one. Thank you~

Sincerely,

Elizabeth MistLeaf (Level 42, almost 43)

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Granted DS can be challenging but don't blame it on being an Ice Wizard. I am one and ended up having to mostly solo DS due to friends being lower level and no friends being on, it is frustrating and takes time but will level you quicker to get better spells and stats needed to defeat DS. Power through it and get stronger for Celestia.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I suggest you purchasing heal treasure cards from the bazaar and stack your sidebar with them. Thus, you are guaranteed a heal spell by dropping a card and drawing a treasure. I am particularly fond of the Dryad spell, as it can be used at any pip level.

Also, if you have patience, utilize your minion summon. This can do damage or tank for you while you focus on survival. This came especially in handy when I solo’d my storm.

Devin Darksong – Level 50 Death
Duncan Darksong – Level 49 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Level 49 Storm
Dustin Darksong – Level 48 Myth
Digby Darksong – Level 44 Life
Dolan Darksong – Level 33 Ice

Defender
Oct 26, 2009
First off, your not under leveled. I was only level 39 when I got to Dragonspyre and I soloed fine. Granted, I was Myth, not Ice so that might have helped me.

I do not think that Dragonspyre is awesome and they did lower the difficulty, but it is still rather difficult to solo. Here are some tips:

-Keep a small deck. You only need what you need to kill. Overkilling is a waste of time.

-HEAL! Unless you plan on killing them both at one time, kill one, heal then kill the other. If you are killing them both at one time, keep healing as you go up.

-Use your shields. You are ice. Keep towering. It will save you.

Quinn Dragonwhisper and Benjamin Dragonblade (same person)-Grandmaster Myth and Storm

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
fancymay wrote:
Well, I'm absolutely dreading this place now. All the enemies, dungeons, bosses, etc. The worst thing is...I CAN'T SOLO! I play at the worst times, 10 pm to 1 pm. That's when no one is on. My 'friends' are never willing to help. And some of the enemies walking on the street are stronger than some MooShu bosses. :/

The real reason that I can't solo is that I'm an Ice Wizard. I know we can take a lot of damage, we have a lot of health, but the time I use my spells, I'm almost gone, then I'm finished off before I can use my spell.

Anybody else think this way? And I'm NOT looking for people saying 'No, Ds is awesome' or 'DS is the BEST'.

I'm looking for a complete opinion WHY, not just because it's 'awesome'.

P.S
Some tips for me would be nice, since I just started.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth MistLeaf (Level 42 Master Thaumaturge)

lucky you because celestia and the other updates ds became much weaker good luck

grandmaster of death
NOAH LEGEND :D

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I have to agree with you about DS being easier, what a crock. Last week before update, my Grandmaster Fire had made it through 3/4 of Labyrinth before I lost connection to the game. After update, I can only make it past 2 of boss's. It is not easier to solo with a minion for help, it's IMPOSSIBLE. You always run out of health with all the cheats,fizzes and weakness spells that you have to BUY HEALTH OR HENCHMEN to make it through. This is supposed to be a KID friendly game, but it IS HARDER now with updates. You need lots of other people to help, my grandchildren are crying because even with help, they can't make it through. How sad that this game has come to the point of digging into your wallet for the almighty crown. It's not fun anymore, and for all the people out there who whined because they wanted something harder to play, you need to go to a more hardcore game somewhere else. I have other friends who are Grandmasters and they don't like it either. So hope Kingsisle is happy with cancellations.