Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I did it.. I beat sunken city finally!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 09, 2010

Woohoo I did it, I finally beat sunken city and took out Grub! Does a happy dance. And by myself at level 35! Excuse the excitement but I stink at gaming so this is a feat for me in soloing. hehehe. And I did it under two hours!

Tips to those that haven't beaten sunken city yet:

Quick tip, wait till you are a higher level to do this dungeon. It scared me at first. I decided tonight (rather wee hours of the morning.) to go back and see if I could do it. And guess what? I beat Sunken City all on my own at level "35". It is not so hard as you think. Yeah I died a few times but I went right back in after I refueled.

It say's that if you leave you will have to start over, but there is a catch, if you die you don't have to start over. Plus, anything you kill, minions and so forth, they do not regenerate again. You only get pulled out into the streets two times to fight. They are mandantory fights. Once you are done with them as long as you stay on the side walks and steer clear of the monsters they won't pull you out in the street again by force.

Another tip. Create a transport spot close to each place "before" you plan to battle. This way if you die, you can port back to the place where you died so you can finish off what you started. No need to weave through the maze again! You have thirty minutes to get back so you have plenty of time to regenerate yourself and your potions.

Another tip. When you are fighting three at a time focus on one beast to take out. Never take out the boss first in a den because "they will regenerate" if you die, I found this out myself. The minions however won't regenerate. Once they are dead they are dead and that leaves you with either one or two monsters to fight depending on how many you managed to take out before you died.

Remember if you quit and leave the dungeon you have to start over unless you die. So don't throw your hands up if you die at first. Go back in and keep fighting till you win. It may take longer than an hour but it is possible. I did it all on my own.

I didn't have a healer or anyone helping me. I soloed at level 35, so this means anyone can do it at a higher level. I would say 35 makes it a bit more comfortable. Still a challenge, but not so bad a challenge that you can't do it on your own. I am horrible at gaming so if I can do it at that level so can anyone else. So rest assured sunken city may be hard but it is not impossible.

I got a cool pet from grub, that cat that flips a coin! not much else but I am cool with just beating sunken city!

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
noyeh wrote:

Woohoo I did it, I finally beat sunken city and took out Grub! Does a happy dance. And by myself at level 35! Excuse the excitement but I stink at gaming so this is a feat for me in soloing. hehehe. And I did it under two hours!

Quick tip, wait till you are a higher level to do this dungeon. It scared me at first. I decided tonight (rather wee hours of the morning.) to go back and see if I could do it. And guess what? I beat Sunken City all on my own at level "35". It is not so hard as you think. Yeah I died a few times but I went right back in after I refueled.

It say's that if you leave you will have to start over, but there is a catch, if you die you don't have to start over. Plus, anything you kill, minions and so forth, they do not regenerate again. You only get pulled out into the streets two times to fight. They are mandantory fights. Once you are done with them as long as you stay on the side walks and steer clear of the monsters they won't pull you out in the street again by force.

Another tip. Create a transport spot close to each place "before" you plan to battle. This way if you die, you can port back to the place where you died so you can finish off what you started. No need to weave through the maze again! You have thirty minutes to get back so you have plenty of time to regenerate yourself and your potions.

Another tip. When you are fighting three at a time focus on one beast to take out. Never take out the boss first in a den because "they will regenerate" if you die, I found this out myself. The minions however won't regenerate. Once they are dead they are dead and that leaves you with either one or two monsters to fight depending on how many you managed to take out before you died.

Remember if you quit and leave the dungeon you have to start over unless you die. So don't throw your hands up if you die at first. Go back in and keep fighting till you win. It may take longer than an hour but it is possible. I did it all on my own.

I didn't have a healer or anyone helping me. I soloed at level 35, so this means anyone can do it at a higher level. I would say 35 makes it a bit more comfortable. Still a challenge, but not so bad a challenge that you can't do it on your own. I am horrible at gaming so if I can do it at that level so can anyone else. So rest assured sunken city may be hard but it is not impossible.

I got a cool pet from grub, that cat that flips a coin! not much else but I am cool with just beating sunken city!

Nice! I beat it with 2 other people. TIP(for multiplayers): If you die, flee, refill, and port back to your friend.

P.S. The cat with the coin is an O'Leary Thug from MB.

Wizard: William DarkFlame (Magus Pyromancer)

Level: 36

School: Fire

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
willwolf64 wrote:
noyeh wrote:

Nice! I beat it with 2 other people. TIP(for multiplayers): If you die, flee, refill, and port back to your friend.

P.S. The cat with the coin is an O'Leary Thug from MB.

Wizard: William DarkFlame (Magus Pyromancer)

Level: 36

School: Fire

It makes it easier if you have more people. But after what I have fought in marlybone , sunken city was a walk in the park. Some of the stuff in marlybone is really hard. I hear the other levels get harder. So in truth Sunken city is nothing! In some dungeons in marlybone some of the creatures regenerate with the boss!!! I found that out tonight!!!! And besides I wanted to see if I could do it on my own. And I did it.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Wow, congrats. I know Sunken City is hard at low levels, but never thought anyone could actually solo it at around magus, so congrats.

Also, Congrats on Getting 1 of the 2 pets Grubb drops (the other being a greater imp pet, that gives an imp item card). The pet you got, the blue cat thug, is, in my opinion, easier to level to the card than the green cat thug (green thug gives it at ancient, while blue thug gives it at adult), only downside is that the blue cat thug is in a dungeon.

Congrats again, and good luck in the future.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
flash33 wrote:
Wow, congrats. I know Sunken City is hard at low levels, but never thought anyone could actually solo it at around magus, so congrats.

Also, Congrats on Getting 1 of the 2 pets Grubb drops (the other being a greater imp pet, that gives an imp item card). The pet you got, the blue cat thug, is, in my opinion, easier to level to the card than the green cat thug (green thug gives it at ancient, while blue thug gives it at adult), only downside is that the blue cat thug is in a dungeon.

Congrats again, and good luck in the future.

It wasn't all that hard. Its just the first two fights with three ghosts make it sound intimidating. You just have to remember to make a transport spot before you battle, this way you don't have to start over. You just transport back in and go back to the battle. I died yes. But after I recharged I "transported" back and created a new transport spot and then went right back in to fight again.

The nice thing about most of teh dungeons in W101 is that once you kill a monster it is dead and won't come back. It won't regenerate. So that makes the dungeon a bit easier. But don't let sunken city fool you, there are dungeons that are far harder. I think sunken city is just a prep dungeon to prepare you for the harder ones to come. in some dungeons the minions do regenerate with the boss if you die. I found this out and after dying several times finally managed to get "lucky" with them.

I think Sunken City was designed to teach you game stratagey. Because you are going to need your brain for a lot of dungeons.