Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just an idea, but would it be so bad if...

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
players could choose two pet talents for the pets they raise, while having the other two stats be generated randomly. It takes a lot of work and time and in some cases money to level up pets and then we can be very unhappy with the stats that they recieved. If we could select two of the four talents then that wouldn't be so bad. Or if we could pay 100 crowns or up to 25,000 gold to have a talent we don't like rerolled that would be quite okay too. So, we have a talent we don't like, we pay 100 crowns or 20,000 gold to randomly generate a new talent for the talent we checkmark and are asked if we would like to have a new talent randomly determined to replace it, if we say yes then a new talent takes its place (talents the pet already has are excluded, including the one being replaced as unwanted).

This makes players more happy cause they get to choose what school they are and what equipement they wear, so why can't they better choose how their pets turn out. Sure it may cost a lot of gold or even crowns to randomly get what you want, but at least you would be able to eventually get exactly what you want, and I don't see what is so wrong with that.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
seasnake wrote:
players could choose two pet talents for the pets they raise, while having the other two stats be generated randomly. It takes a lot of work and time and in some cases money to level up pets and then we can be very unhappy with the stats that they recieved. If we could select two of the four talents then that wouldn't be so bad. Or if we could pay 100 crowns or up to 25,000 gold to have a talent we don't like rerolled that would be quite okay too. So, we have a talent we don't like, we pay 100 crowns or 20,000 gold to randomly generate a new talent for the talent we checkmark and are asked if we would like to have a new talent randomly determined to replace it, if we say yes then a new talent takes its place (talents the pet already has are excluded, including the one being replaced as unwanted).

This makes players more happy cause they get to choose what school they are and what equipement they wear, so why can't they better choose how their pets turn out. Sure it may cost a lot of gold or even crowns to randomly get what you want, but at least you would be able to eventually get exactly what you want, and I don't see what is so wrong with that.

I agree. Today my pet advanced to "adult" and I got a "Heart of Pixie" card which gives 400 health to self only for two pips. Now most people would probably say "GREAT". "Good Card". "Lucky you." Right?

I don't think so. You see, I am a Life Wizard. So the last thing I need is another "healing" card. I need some Power/Damage cards. I'm really losing interest in working on my pets' levels. I don't think it's worth the time.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2009
totally agree with you, we NEED to be able to get the talent we want. talents such as spirited and careful are utterly useless. just how many of you want your pet to have more strength or intellegence when you could get attack or resist boost? i'd say no one. i believe all of us value boost more than pet stats.

i believe we should have a new pet system like this:
players can see all the uncommon talents once their pet reaches teen, and they can choose what talent they want to learn, similarly all rare talents can be revealed by lvl your pet to adult.... if they do not want to learn the talent at teen they can try lvl it to adult and choose 2 talents.

how is this system good?
some peope simply dont care about racing. why do you need a pet which has no boost talent but all pet stats talent? they can pick all the boost talents when they train their pet.
for those who want to train a racing pet, they can choose the pet stats talent(ie more strength, less cost when run on water, etc)
and at the end of the day everyone should be happy, cos they choosed the talent they want, no one should feel been cheated cos everyone been given the same oppotunity

why is the system now bad?
the system now is dominated by LUCK which i think everyone hates. imagine you have a pet with a 4 dot talent(epic talent), and you train and train and train so hard trying to get that talent, finally you got to epic, what you found is a pet with 4 pet stats talent :x this just so disappointing. just who cares about racing anyways? you cant chat when you race, there is no cooperation with your team mates, everyone is on their own, its no better than facebook games. not to mention its poor graphics, tonnes bugs, and if your internet connection is slow your pet doesnt do what you want it to. ths pet racing just isnt as fun as card dueling.

please KI do something about the lame pet system, everyone has a tonne of pets and if you make us more into the pet thing, we would be glad to pay the crowns to buff up our pets

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I still think pets should be made stitchable, say you have a pet type you love to play with but need the card and the school stats of another one of your pets that you don't like how the pet looks as much, why can't you stitch the pet you want to play with, to the pet that has the stats and card you would rather play with. Is everyone supposed to be running around with the grandmaster pet types alone at upper levels? I'd rather have the pet image that I have always loved playing with, but I am forced to give up a lot for doing so. To make matters worse, if you stitch pets you can't decide what your pet will turn out like in terms of appearance.