Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crowns then subscription?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 12, 2008
Hi all i have a question, we have a family account but a while ago my kids stopped playing so i stopped their membership. With the recent upgrades they have started playing again. My question is this, as i have now purchased all areas for them with crowns (so that they can come and go from the game as they please) what would happen if i started up a membership subscription again? When the membership subscription run out again would they still be able to get into all the worlds that were previously opened with crowns or would i have to pay for it all over again? Anyone know??

Players get to keep areas purchased with Crowns for as long as they own the account.

If you subscribe, then unsubscribe, those purchased areas will still be open as they were purchased with Crowns.

Any areas access while subscribed, but that were not previously purchased with Crowns, will not be accessible after the subscription expires. But then, you can definitely go back and purchase those areas again with Crowns.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
I will fight this to no end. We should not have to pay for both, It should be Either or. Pay to play for subscription, or Free to play and an Item Mall.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
You arent paying for both.

Look at it this way

Subscriptions mean you rent the areas of the game when it runs out so does the access of the game.

Crown purchases means you own the rights to access the areas you purchase for as long as you keep your account open like zeke said.

IF you purchased everything with crowns there is no reason you should subscribe. What does make it tricky is access to the test realm is available to crown users that made a purchase in the last thirty days. IDK about crown users that have maxed out the open areas of the game or if the use of crowns for any purchase qualifies.

A lot of people do use crowns when they first try the game and then subscribe eventually. Its good to know that the areas already bought with crowns wont go away if you dont or cant renew your subscription.