Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Final Countdown Unfair!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Hi. I am a Grand Master Diviner.

I have played this game for 2 years. By myself, every quest. Even Jotun which took 8 times, but I beat him solo.

Now, I am in Dragonspyre attempting The Final Countdown.

I know that I can make friends on W101, and I have a few friends on my list that have helped me with battles in the past. I also know that you can post a help request for other wizards to join you in The Final Countdown quest.

I don't want to be reliant on other players to help me finish this quest. I wish there was a way to get around that, so only one wizard is able to finish the quest solo.

I am not anti-social, I just play this game when I can. It's very difficult to pre-arrange a meeting with other players to finish a quest.

Now I hear that I can't get to Celestia without finishing The Final Countdown?? If that's true, I will be very VERY disappointed as I have looked forward to a new lvl cap and a new world since I became a Grandmaster 6 months ago. I hate to say it, but I may even delete this game out of frustration. This wonderful game that I love so much.

I feel a little better for venting. This just stinks so bad.

-Fiona Jadeflame (you can find me sulking in front of the roost.)
-Grand Master Diviner

Defender
Jul 21, 2009
There are only two parts of the Final Count down that you cannot solo. The first one is the crystal stands. Even though there are three crystal stands, if you can get one person to stand at one, that is enough. You could mark your spot at one and go to the other one. With your friend at one, you can activate the one you are by and quickly teleport to the other one and activate that to. The second time you need help is with the two dracions garding the door. You and a friend need to kill them around the same time. Since you enjoy soloing the game, the rest you could solo, but it would be easier with friend(s).

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
it DOES sound like you are anti-social and it is completely fair. The point of the game is to make friends and have fun, not be in your own little shell and game solemly

Defender
May 30, 2009
There are SOOOOO many people who do Malistair runs just for the drops. Try going to a crowded realm. I'm sure you will find plenty of people you can go in with. This dungeon can also be done with only 2 people if you have the right combination. Just mark one of the outside crystals, and let your friend go to the inside. When they hit the one in the middle, you hit one then port to the other. This will at the least make it to where you have less people you have to rely on to complete this. Hope that helps you a bit.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
You can't do it alone and it's fine just the way it is, this is after all a multiplayer game.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
It's not difficult to find people who are willing to do Malistaire. Just go to the Roost and start switching realms until you see someone hanging around who is also looking for a partner to do it with. At the minimum, 2 wizards can do this dungeon (using a port by one of the crystal stands). This way, you don't need to pre-arrange anything.

I don't know why you are upset about the requirement to complete "The Final Countdown" quest before having access to the next world. With the exception of Grizzelheim, all of the other worlds required that you complete the main storyline quest before getting access to the next. Celestia is no different.

Considering that your grandmaster rings, athames and robes are in this dungeon, I would have thought that you would have done it several times by now. Just what have you been doing with your grandmaster diviner these last 6 months?

Defender
Mar 06, 2009
I understand what you mean but there are 2 parts in The Great Spyre that you need 2 or 3 people to help you with (2 door guard dragons & 3 crystals).
Idk if you'll need help on Malistaire if you beat Juton on your own!

My Wizards:
Fire Lvl50(+)~Jesse GhostWhisper
Death Lvl50(+)~Jesse GhostWhisper
Life Lvl48(+)~Jesse SoulWhisper
Storm Lvl26(+)~Jesse GhostWhisper
Balance Lvl10(+)~Jesse Drake
(New School) Lvl_(+)~Jesse NightWraith

Add me if you see me.

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
ummmm, I am not sure if you are referring to the part with the three crystals, but I believe that you are, I will assume that. I am pretty sure that you will be able to use this strategy to get past them. Be aware I have never done this myself, since I have never beat malistaire without friends. You need to mark your location by the crystal you have to go through the dragons maw to get to. Now go to one of the crystals near one of the circles where you fight the Gurtoks. Activate that one and run as fast as you can to the crystal near the other circle (helps if you have a mount). After you activate both of those port to the other one and activate it. I am not sure if this works, but it probably will. If it doesn't then look around on the forums for one of the people who have soloed malistaire and ask them.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2008
I am afraid I agree with him/her on the unfair part. I can see needing more than soloing to complete quests, but I would think being GM would be enough to continue on to the new world. I have had problems also getting people together for Malistaire and have been GM for a good time after playing for over 2 years. I too prefer to solo but do not mind grouping and have friends to do this. But as I am an adult with a lot on my plate it is hard for me to plan the time to do the longer quest like Malistaire with someone. There for I cannot go to new lands. I now have 2 GM and 6 chars and just work on housing and such.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
aimlessharmony wrote:

I have played this game for 2 years. By myself, every quest. Even Jotun which took 8 times, but I beat him solo.

I know that I can make friends on W101, and I have a few friends on my list that have helped me with battles in the past. I also know that you can post a help request for other wizards to join you in The Final Countdown quest.

I don't want to be reliant on other players to help me finish this quest. I wish there was a way to get around that, so only one wizard is able to finish the quest solo.

I am not anti-social, I just play this game when I can. It's very difficult to pre-arrange a meeting with other players to finish a quest.

Now I hear that I can't get to Celestia without finishing The Final Countdown?? If that's true, I will be very VERY disappointed as I have looked forward to a new lvl cap and a new world since I became a Grandmaster 6 months ago. I hate to say it, but I may even delete this game out of frustration. This wonderful game that I love so much.

-Grand Master Diviner
WHAT? you cant do that dungeon solo. its to hard. all the fights, the puzzles, the roaming enmeies to avoid. i have been told that malistare's henchman has about 8000 health in addition to malistare's 10000. you will have to find a partner. or 2. or 3. if you want to solo it, fine, but dont expect to defeat him with great ease.
heed my warning!

paul ironflame, level 50 grandmaster pyromancer 8)

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
I think that every quest should be able to be beaten by one person but still you need to find friends who are willing to help with this quest. but remeber this is only a celestia preview the full world hasnt come out yet so you have to wait anyway i know i sucks but thats the way it is. hope this helps. :-)

Luke skywalker level 48 myth ( and no your not my father i get that all the time :-).

Survivor
May 24, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
aimlessharmony wrote:

-Grand Master Diviner
WHAT? you cant do that dungeon solo. its to hard. all the fights, the puzzles, the roaming enmeies to avoid. i have been told that malistare's henchman has about 8000 health in addition to malistare's 10000. you will have to find a partner. or 2. or 3. if you want to solo it, fine, but dont expect to defeat him with great ease.
heed my warning!

well now you don't need to finish that quest to go to Celestia ao don't worry.

I've defeated Malistaire a few times and it's alot faster with another person or people (especially if you know the faster route) but what I've done to find people is switch realms and areas, you'll find someone.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
it DOES sound like you are anti-social and it is completely fair. The point of the game is to make friends and have fun, not be in your own little shell and game solemly

AlecVolterra is correct.In my opinion soloing makes the game boring and dull all you do is battle and meet Nobody.This is a MMORPG
Massive Multiplayer Online Role playing game.I think I typed and saw the word Multiplayer AlecVolterra and Aimlessharmony did I see the word Multiplayer.I think I did Multiplayer games allow you to make friends and do tasks togeter.If you wanna do something without friends go buy a DS and buy Mario or Pokemon.Then your antisocial needs will be met.This was meant for people to bond and be social not be hermit Crabs and find a shell to do your solemly activities.

Taylor LotusFist Grand Diviner and hunting for gear
-Knowledge is Limited Imagination is endless

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
dragon1345 wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
aimlessharmony wrote:

-Grand Master Diviner
heed my warning!

well now you don't need to finish that quest to go to Celestia ao don't worry.

I've defeated Malistaire a few times and it's alot faster with another person or people (especially if you know the faster route) but what I've done to find people is switch realms and areas, you'll find someone.

what faster route? plz can you tell me i'm trying for the grand ice robe and it might be helpful.
Destiny Iceheart lvl 50 ice/life/storm

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
I agree with the OP here. You can solo the whole game, EXCEPT the final battle. I've got 5 wizards. With my first wizard, I accepted all kinds of friends because it made the game fun - for a little while. Once I began having all sorts of problems with "friends" constantly demanding help, porting to me without asking, spamming me with multiple requests even though I told them I was in an instance and couldn't leave, I decided solo was the way to go. So, with the rest of my wizards, I no longer accepted friends and played the whole game solo only to find out that the only way to beat the game was to group up for that last battle.

It seems a little odd that only one dungeon forces you to group. I don't necessarily think that needs to be changed, but at the very least provide a "looking for group" function in game (maybe similar to the PVP grouping) so that you can easily find others who are looking to do the same dungeon as you are, right at that time. It's kind of difficult asking for help on this forum, as your message won't get posted immediately, and then the subsequent responses are also delayed while moderators go over the content of the message. You would have to set the date and time several days ahead to allow time for all of this, and who knows what will come up in real life by that time.

Something should be done to make it easier for us to find others to group up with, or make a solo option.

Cat