Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Purple Wisps?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2009
Remember those red health wisps and the blue mana wisps? I've been thinking "Wouldn't it be cool if there were wisps that healed both health and mana?". I thought that if there were wisps like that they should be purple. Not a light, pinkish purple, but a dark purple. The reason why I think that the both-healing wisp would be purple is because if you mix red and blue together it makes purple. No matter if it's with coloring, paint or anything else, red and blue makes purple. What do you think? Should W101 create these purple wisps?

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
Hello,
First off, you're a little bit wrong with your color mixing; you don't get dark purple every time you mix red and blue; that only applies to color subtraction, the addition of paints and inks. If you mix red and blue light, you actually get magenta, which is a "light pinkish purple" rather than a dark one; it's more pink than purple, really. This is color addition (mixing red and green also gives you yellow, which is an interesting perk). Also, this would kind of be a bad idea unless they were really rare, or else located only in long dungeons just before the boss room. The point of having red and blue wisps separate is that it makes it harder to restore HP and MP; punishment for losing it, so to speak. If it gets too easy to recover, people won't think that dying or running out of mana is such a bad thing.
Just my two cents.
Best regards,
Jacob Deathbringer, Grandmaster Necromancer

Explorer
May 23, 2009
dude this is an online game. not colering class.

although you do make a good point

First off, you're a little bit wrong with your color mixing; you don't get dark purple every time you mix red and blue; that only applies to color subtraction, the addition of paints and inks. If you mix red and blue light, you actually get magenta, which is a "light pinkish purple" rather than a dark one; it's more pink than purple, really. This is color addition (mixing red and green also gives you yellow, which is an interesting perk). Also, this would kind of be a bad idea unless they were really rare, or else located only in long dungeons just before the boss room. The point of having red and blue wisps separate is that it makes it harder to restore HP and MP; punishment for losing it, so to speak. If it gets too easy to recover, people won't think that dying or running out of mana is such a bad thing.
Just my two cents.
Best regards,

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
mythomagic6 wrote:
Hello,
Just my two cents.
Best regards,

Yeah, red and blue is magenta, at least in the additive color system in which I am more familiar with and that's what would be used here since it's a computer game. I think they should be green, though, as that is the other color in the RGB system. And the new potion vile they added for pet mana is green, so a new wisp would probably follow that pattern.

Oh, and the blue wisps and red wisps in the game look a little dark to me, so they probably would be purple if you combined them.

And if you watch the health wisp go over grass, it will look turn yellow.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
mythomagic6 wrote:
Hello,
Just my two cents.
Best regards,

Dude, he was talking about a general color. Don't go saying how it makes Magenta, which is a shade of purple.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
mythomagic6 wrote:
Hello,
Just my two cents.
Best regards,

Dude, he was talking about a general color. Don't go saying how it makes Magenta, which is a shade of purple.

Wrong! Purple is a shade of magenta!

Haha.

And by the way, he can say that if he wants. Now the original poster of this thread knows what red and blue make and probably has a deeper understanding of the additive color system.

So there.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
mythomagic6 wrote:
Hello,
Just my two cents.
Best regards,

Heya,
I'd just like to say that he wasn't talking about a general color. He said, specifically, "Not a light, pinkish purple, but a dark purple.". Magenta is a shade of purple, yes. But it's a "light, pinkish" one, which I said in my original comment. Either you're purposefully overlooking this or you need to read more carefully :? .
Just sayin'!

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
catboy2197 wrote:
Angelocean wrote:
mythomagic6 wrote:
Hello,
Just my two cents.
Best regards,

Haha.

And by the way, he can say that if he wants. Now the original poster of this thread knows what red and blue make and probably has a deeper understanding of the additive color system.

So there.

Blue+Red=Purple/Magenta/WHATEVER, If you add shades and tints you ill get differeant versions of a general color.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2008
Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
catboy2197 wrote:
Angelocean wrote:
mythomagic6 wrote:
Hello,
Just my two cents.
Best regards,

Haha.

So there.

Blue+Red=Purple/Magenta/WHATEVER, If you add shades and tints you ill get differeant versions of a general color.

What do you mean by "general color" anyways?