Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I found a bug on Grizzleheim: Needs attention

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 09, 2010
I just wanted to report a bug in Grizzleheim. I was on a mission to find lost wolves and to tell lost wolves where to go. On my way to find Gerrin FleetPaw in Mirkholm Keep, I ran into a bug. I was close to a wall and got stuck. It took an act of heavy words to finally get unstuck.

I did everything I could to get unstuck. I turned off my computer and tried my other characters to see if they were affected. They were not. I changed my settings to the lowest I could. It was not my settings. I even switched computers I jumped on my fathers and even my husbands.

It was the game and not my computer. Finally with a grace of mercy I was able to unstick my character by moving her just a hair. I was grateful the game let me do it. But I mean everything froze. I couldn’t even exit out to my desktop I had to actually hard boot my computer manually. That is not good for a computer. Anyways I just wanted to report this bug I ran into so that the staff can look into it. It was in fact the game itself and not our computers. I tried everything and finally wrenched Free. I felt it was my responsibility to report this flaw. It is in the caves entrance against the wall near where you go in to find Gerrin Fleetpaw.

For now I hightailed it out of there till this issue is fixed. I was not about to get stuck again. Anyways the word is in your court guys. I figured I should report it so other players didn’t run into this issue. And I know it helps you guys check into this as well. You can’t know there is a flaw in the game unless it is reported by us players.

I only reported this issue because I feel it is serious enough to look at. I was upset too. I am almost to level 35 and I would have been really upset had I had to have my character reset back a few days or so. I have been working hard with em and I don't want other players to run into this same issue and have to start over again. I got lucky. I managed to wrench free. How I don't know. But I got out of it.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
There are dead spots like this in various places throughout the game, usually off to the side of player-enemy engagement, and while it's rare, it does happen. The game stops responding and can freeze the entire machine. Logging back in will re-freeze the character soon after the player reaches the game screen.

The solution: as you click "Play", tap quickly on the up arrow (or "W" key if you use that to move forward) and keep tapping on the key until your character appears in the game and moves forward. That will move you out of the dead spot before the game can freeze you again.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
colagada wrote:
There are dead spots like this in various places throughout the game, usually off to the side of player-enemy engagement, and while it's rare, it does happen. The game stops responding and can freeze the entire machine. Logging back in will re-freeze the character soon after the player reaches the game screen.

The solution: as you click "Play", tap quickly on the up arrow (or "W" key if you use that to move forward) and keep tapping on the key until your character appears in the game and moves forward. That will move you out of the dead spot before the game can freeze you again.

That is exactly what happened to me! And fortunately I figured it out and got out of the spot. It was horrible thinking how I might wind up having to cancel that character after I have worked so hard and spent "real" money on it investing in my wizards future.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
something extremely similar happened to me in the village of sorrow. as i moved along the grassy sidewalk area, the game started freezing, unfreezing, and freezing again. this made it extremely difficult to move even 2 inches without a problem. it stopped me from doing my main quest for a week before i figured it out. the problem: a bugged quest helper on my main mission. it started when i got the soooooul chain mission, to defeat those undead guys who look like ghoul spells and collect their souls. i switched to a side mission and i could move normally. i didnt report it since it was live realm and no bug report button was there . so i finished the village of sorrow, mooshu, and now, almost dragonspyre all thanks to one little discovery (i probably would have unsubscribed had it went on much longer) so thank you little discovery,

paul ironflame, level 49 pyromancer, master of fire 8)

Explorer
Jun 21, 2009
It can do that in mb on the roof tops where the planks are

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Defender
Aug 05, 2009
This also happened to me when i was in shushun village. I accidentally walked near the wheel and i was stuck. Then the game froze. i turned off my computer and i was still there. I switched all my functions to the lowest and turned off the quest aarow. It would not function. This continued for the next 5 days. I tried 3 computers and it still would not function. Finally, just at the moment i thought i would stop playing this game, i pounded the backwards key before it could load in anger. I got out. This has often occured to me in gh and mb and ms, and i also found 1 in kt and 3 in wc.In ds i havent found any.

Hero
May 27, 2009
You know, if you get stuck, you can just hit the Home or End keys to take you out of the sticky place.

Explorer
Jun 17, 2010
I have nothing to say about the getting stuck. But couldnt you ex out bye simply pressing alt f4?