Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reporting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 10, 2009
I hate it when I'm just going around leveling up and all of a sudden, someone reports me when I didn't do anything at all. They just lie of whatever I didn't do then I get a warning for nothing! It happens to most of my friends, too. It gets really annoying and I'm kinda scared that my account might get banned for fake reports. I don't know how you can fix this problem, but you guys are pretty smart and I think that one of your 'master-minded' crew members can solve this problem. So, please, I'm probably talking for many other Wizards out there, fix this problem so our accounts won't get banned for nothing.

Emily UnicornHorn
Balance Wizard
Level 33

When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assess the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions such as muting or banning and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just a egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
yeah, that happened to me too. i was saying gg after a derby race and some guy reported me for saying gg. he said that it stood for good god and not good game.