Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New drop rates?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 03, 2010
My idea is that the percentage of the drops you get from a monster or boss is determined by how much damage you did to the monster.Nothing is more annoying than trying to get your grandmaster gear and someone ports in right before you kill it and says WOOT! I GOT THE GRAND SHOES! especially when they are not even close to grandmaster.

So how this would work is:

If you soloed it, you would get all the drops you regularly would.

If you and a friend did it together, you would both get 50% of what the boss decided to drop.

This happens a lot especially in plaza of conquest. A lot of level 20s and under come in and get stuff like the ianthine spectre even though they did at max 200 damage.

tell me what you guys think

Hero
May 19, 2009
That wouldnt be good. When playing with a team, i have one attacker, one tank and two boosters. Why is it that the attacker gets a higher drop rate? What about all the damage a tank blocked or the amount of health a healer restored, or the ammont of damage increased by boosters?

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
You have a point there but i have another soultion:

well first of all this happened to me again today. I was trying to get soulslingers sword or w.e and all of a sudden my friend ( who is actually a good one ) comes in and gets it instead

My newer solution is the longer you are in the battle from when it started to when it ended is how much you get.

So now if you just port in and stay for one round or so you wouldnt get and shouldnt even have a CHANCE to get anything but a reagent or so.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Seiorusly.

Some lvl 10 person teleported and he got a storm man.

Some lvl 3 person ported and he got a FROSTZILLA.

Some lvl 18 person joined our fight and got 2 SKELETONS.

And every time, I was the one to do the most damage.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
If this is the case, it sounds like the only way to fix the problem would be to alter the porting system. I solo most of the game so that fewer people port to me. If there was a way to equip portability with an on off switch, the problem would be solved.

corniilius wrote:
If this is the case, it sounds like the only way to fix the problem would be to alter the porting system. I solo most of the game so that fewer people port to me. If there was a way to equip portability with an on off switch, the problem would be solved.

Perhaps I'm reading your post wrong, but I wanted to make you aware that in the Privacy Settings, players can enable and disable teleports.

You can gain access to this panel by pressing the Esc key when you're not in a duel.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Squire
Jul 08, 2009
ProspectorZeke wrote:
corniilius wrote:

Perhaps I'm reading your post wrong, but I wanted to make you aware that in the Privacy Settings, players can enable and disable teleports.

You can gain access to this panel by pressing the Esc key when you're not in a duel.
Yeah but what about the drop rates? Ok we can stop unwanted people from porting but the drop rates are still unbalancec

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
ProspectorZeke wrote:
corniilius wrote:

I think what should happen is when you fight have it strictly as a group. If you are in the group you get 50% of all kills. However if you just pop in and join in without an invite to the group then you get the bare minumum with no chance of the good stuff. That is how it should be.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Personally, I feel that if someone solo's these towers and dungeone that the drop rate for better items should be increased.

Explorer
May 23, 2009
Well i am lvl 35 and have the ianthine spectre.

Lucky me!

NuclearWar wrote:
My idea is that the percentage of the drops you get from a monster or boss is determined by how much damage you did to the monster.Nothing is more annoying than trying to get your grandmaster gear and someone ports in right before you kill it and says WOOT! I GOT THE GRAND SHOES! especially when they are not even close to grandmaster.

So how this would work is:

If you soloed it, you would get all the drops you regularly would.

If you and a friend did it together, you would both get 50% of what the boss decided to drop.

This happens a lot especially in plaza of conquest. A lot of level 20s and under come in and get stuff like the ianthine spectre even though they did at max 200 damage.

tell me what you guys think

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
Preacher7719 wrote:
Personally, I feel that if someone solo's these towers and dungeone that the drop rate for better items should be increased.

That is sort of what I was trying to say, just with a little twist, that if someone ports into your battle while porting, they shouldnt get the drops that are somewhat rare.

And I dont turn off porting because there are some people that cant go in but I still like to use the company, it is annoying when you have to turn it on and off every minute, and you can not turn it off during the battles. So overall I dont think that we should have to manually turn off porting EVERY time, or at least make it more convinient(sp? ;P)

And there are clearly lots of people that agree with me about this.