Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Vault of Ice

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
Here's how it works.

One room there's four banners on the back wall and four obilesks. Light up the obilesks reading the banners from left to right.

The other room has two banners and a level. Read from left to right. Light the one on the left up, pull the lever, then the one on the right.

The last rom there are three braziers(however it's spelled) and banners from left to right. Fire is red, ice is blue, and storm is purple.

After all three are done, the entrance to the Fang will be unlocked.

Hope this helped!

Survivor
May 04, 2009
Ok so i am really frustrated because i cant even get in the vault of ice. I have a quest that says use obilesk rubbing in vault of ice but i cant get in. Is that the right quest?? If not what is the right quest?? PLZ REPLY: I have been on this quest for about 2-3weeks now i am just really tired of it.Please someone if you have the answer to my question help me out.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
peppercat67 wrote:
Ok so i am really frustrated because i cant even get in the vault of ice. I have a quest that says use obilesk rubbing in vault of ice but i cant get in. Is that the right quest?? If not what is the right quest?? PLZ REPLY: I have been on this quest for about 2-3weeks now i am just really tired of it.Please someone if you have the answer to my question help me out.

The rubbing quest is a side quest. You have to do the main line quests to get into the room. Have you defeated Kai Amante? If not, do that quest line in the grand arena and you will be able to go into the vault.

Survivor
May 28, 2010
As you may know you must first beat 3 smaller bosses and then the main boss. As you defeat a boss you will have a task to perform. the first one is to just simpliely make the baziers light up fire, ice, and storm in a triangle formation. second light up the two obelisk by pulling the interaction lever to interact with one of the obelisk. finally light up the 4 obelisk in the order of what the stone tabalets tell you to from left to right. Then have fun beating the Keeper Of The Fang.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
what order do you but the fires in i tryed going from left to right right to left ive tryed everything i cant do it.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
deathfever27 wrote:
what order do you but the fires in i tryed going from left to right right to left ive tryed everything i cant do it.

Not sure if this will help or not...

On my computer, the "fire" flame is yellow (not red).

(storm is purple; ice is blue).

Survivor
May 03, 2010
After the krock guy who gives you the quest ( I forgot how to spell his name), the quest told me to beat the fang guardians. After beating them, I checked if I had the badge and it wasn't there! After going in the vault again, I talked to the krock guy, and he gives me the quest I just beat! Good thing that it is the same quest, because I can continue my journey in krock into the chamber, then into the tomb, beat patra, then into MB!

Survivor
May 10, 2010
in the Defender room, after you beat them, turn the center brazier to Blue and the right one to the multi-color. Then you'll get the unlock message.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
I can't even get the door to open, it takes me right up to the vault following my quest area and nothing! What am I missing? Very frustrating! thx

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
i have defeated the protector of the fang and collect soul dust in the vault of ice 3 times now but it is still in my book but not in my daughters book does anyone know why it wont go away?

Survivor
May 01, 2010
i think that im confused i have beaten the keeper of the fang and it keeps saying that i havent soo idk what tew dew it is soo confusing and frustratingg it makess me madd ahahah anyways i need yewr help please help meh!!

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
first the 1 with 4 obelisks u unlight each one then you light them in this order snake moon beetle sun the the ones with brazierees you light the left one red the middle blue then the right one purple last you go to the chamber with the lever you light the obelisk on the right then pull the lever next light the obelisk on the left after that go fight the last boss and recieve the fang

Survivor
Jan 22, 2011
cousick wrote:
first the 1 with 4 obelisks u unlight each one then you light them in this order snake moon beetle sun the the ones with brazierees you light the left one red the middle blue then the right one purple last you go to the chamber with the lever you light the obelisk on the right then pull the lever next light the obelisk on the left after that go fight the last boss and recieve the fang
k i havent even got to the vault of ice!!!!!!! i beat the great whatever his name is in the arena but i didnt get a quest to talk to shalek sooo do i have to be a certain lvl or something cuz idk???plz reply

Delver
May 04, 2009
12345dancole wrote:
cousick wrote:
k i havent even got to the vault of ice!!!!!!! i beat the great whatever his name is in the arena but i didnt get a quest to talk to shalek sooo do i have to be a certain lvl or something cuz idk???plz reply

You don't have to be a certain level. But you do need to get the quest from Shalek the Wise.

Open your quest log book, and see what quests you still have open for Krokotopia. If you have something, click on the question mark / diaglogue bubble in the upper left corner of that quest to see what you need to do.

If you finished defeating someone in the arena, you should have gotten another quest, either to continue fighting in the arena, or to go see Shalek the Wise in Entrance Hall.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2010
I am in Krokosphinx and I'm trying to get into the vault of ice, it won't let me so I followed everyone's advice concerning this. However, when I went to the people who had all the main quests, none of them had any quests for me. I also don't have any quest in my quest book concerning Krokotopia at all. Please help!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Symorerox wrote:
I am in Krokosphinx and I'm trying to get into the vault of ice, it won't let me so I followed everyone's advice concerning this. However, when I went to the people who had all the main quests, none of them had any quests for me. I also don't have any quest in my quest book concerning Krokotopia at all. Please help!

I'm just going to take some guesses here.

Have you done "any" quests in the Krokosphinx at all?

If not, you need to start with the Balance Teacher, Alhazared, to get started. When you get off of the boat, in front of Niles the Balance Tree, there is a "ladder" that leads down to the Balance School. This will get you started with quests in the Krokosphinx.

It sounds like you picked up a "side quest" from Zan'ne in the Library, to get a rubbing from the obelisk in the Vault of Ice. If it is, then you cannot enter the Vault of Ice until you follow the story line, and eventually Shalek the Wise in the Entrance Hall will give you the "main quest" to enter the Vault of Ice. At that time, you can do both the side quest and the main quest together.

Hope this helps to get you moving along... :-P

Survivor
Dec 29, 2010
No, I didn't do any quests there, but when I go down the Alhazred, he doesn't have any quests for me.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Symorerox wrote:
No, I didn't do any quests there, but when I go down the Alhazred, he doesn't have any quests for me.

Okay. If you haven't done any quests at all in the Krokosphinx, and you don't have any quests at all in your quest log file, I guess I'm confused as to how you got across the boat to the Krokosphinx.

After you finish the first two main parts (the Pyramid and the Temple of Storms), then Sgt. Major Talbot in the Oasis tells you to take the boat across to the Krokosphinx.

And that is where you start with the Balance School Teacher.

Did you finish the Temple of Storms? Did you talk to Sgt. Major Talbot?

It sounds like you missed something (Probably in the Temple of Storms) in the way of a main quest that will get you moving forward.

If you could give us an idea of what you had finished last, maybe we can point you in the right direction. :-(

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Symorerox wrote:

This is my second note today. I think I had brain-freeze when I sent the first one.

After you finish the Pyramid, THEN you go across the boat to the Krokosphinx. Sorry for the confusion. You do the Temple of Storms third.

So, did you finish the Pyramid and talk to Sgt. Major Talbot?

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Honeybee313 wrote:

Have you done "any" quests in the Krokosphinx at all?

If not, you need to start with the Balance Teacher, Alhazared, to get started. When you get off of the boat, in front of Niles the Balance Tree, there is a "ladder" that leads down to the Balance School. This will get you started with quests in the Krokosphinx.

It sounds like you picked up a "side quest" from Zan'ne in the Library, to get a rubbing from the obelisk in the Vault of Ice. If it is, then you cannot enter the Vault of Ice until you follow the story line, and eventually Shalek the Wise in the Entrance Hall will give you the "main quest" to enter the Vault of Ice.

Ya, this sounds like the most likely explanation to me.
If you can take the boat ride then stop by the Balance school; if you can't take the boat ride then finish the Pyramid.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2010
Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Symorerox wrote:
Yea, I did finish the pyramid, and I can go to krokoshinx.

I am really at a loss as to what might help you to get moving along. If you did finish the Pyramid, and you talked to Sgt. Major Talbot in the Oasis, he should have given you a quest to take the boat across to the Krokosphinx and talk to the Balance Teacher, Alhazared.

If you can take the boat across to the Krokosphinx, and the Balance Teacher has no quest for you, then you might want to use the "Contact Support" tab at the top of this page, and ask them to help you. Give them your username and your character's name, and explain the problem to them. They should be able to get you moving forward.

(Just curious: do you have "any" quests at all in your quest log file?)

Survivor
Dec 29, 2010
Thanks for trying to help. Yes, I do have quests. I have to find the beetles, talk to someone in Marleybone (which I didn't unlock yet), do the thing in the vault of ice and something else.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2010
I tried contacting support but they didn't tell me anything that I already knew. They told me to keep doing different quests even though I said in my message that no one in krokosphinx has a quest for me.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Symorerox wrote:
Thanks for trying to help. Yes, I do have quests. I have to find the beetles, talk to someone in Marleybone (which I didn't unlock yet), do the thing in the vault of ice and something else.

What is the "something else" quest? It might be the one that is holding you back.

I got this list of Krokotopia quests from the fansite at Wizard101Central.com:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38844

It shows only the main quests for the Oasis and the Pyramid. It might take time, but you could go back and check to make sure you got all of them.

And Wizard101Central.com has other lists / guides that might help too. You could also try posting on there for help/ideas. The responses are real-time, very quick. You might have better luck asking there too.