Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please add "bored" to the word filter list

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I am tired of going to commons or playing and constantly hearing people type the phrases, "I am bored", or "I am soo bored", or "this game is boring".

I play on wizard101 cause I like the game and do not find it boring. Hearing everyone constantly type that they are bored makes the game seem a bit boring. I know that many children like to say they are bored and say they are bored constantly to draw attention and to make themselves appear better than whoever is enjoying things. I'd like to see the words, bored and boring added to the filter list so I don't have to constantly hear about how bored everyone is.

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
seasnake wrote:
I am tired of going to commons or playing and constantly hearing people type the phrases, "I am bored", or "I am soo bored", or "this game is boring".

I play on wizard101 cause I like the game and do not find it boring. Hearing everyone constantly type that they are bored makes the game seem a bit boring. I know that many children like to say they are bored and say they are bored constantly to draw attention and to make themselves appear better than whoever is enjoying things. I'd like to see the words, bored and boring added to the filter list so I don't have to constantly hear about how bored everyone is.

So ou want a HARMLESS word taken out of the game because YOU don't like it? That doesn't sound right to me.
And believe it or not... even though YOU don't find the game boring doesn't mean OTHER people shouldn't ether.
Once you have gotten to Dragonspyre everything is so well known to you that it can seem kinda boring.
So next time you hear the words "I'm bored" just move on! Someone else being bored shouldn't be able to ruin your game play.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
In a time period of two hours I heard around ten different people say how bored they were, if you don't see how that could turn away people from playing this game you are a bit short sighted. When everyone types they are bored it tends to drive the newer type people away as they get the idea the game becomes boring. I think two of the people who kept saying they were bored also were making comments along the lines that they knew better games than wizard101 and wanted people to message them so they could tell them about the game they were promoting. After hearing I'm bored from ten people in a two hour time frame I decided to post this thread.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
Haha, so few people probably agree with you on this. Who cares really? If they think it's boring and you don't, then ignore them. I see wizards say it everyday. I am not the slightest bit pestered by it. No one here is short sighted. And if the newbies want to listen to players say Wizard101 is boring then that's their decision. I personally wouldn't do that. The commercials, the fans, and the millions of people who love this game certainly overruns a few people says "This game is boring." It would attract me.

You can't stop them from saying those words. Haha, say what they like. Just ignore them. You have to learn to ignore those things , I have no problem whatsoever with this. Bored is not going to make it on the filter list. It is not derrogatory in any way and is a simple word in everyday talking.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Squire
Jun 19, 2009
seasnake wrote:

Well it's true after malistare it is SOOOOOOO boring. And KI plz let us say boring well doesn't matter to me i have open chat but anyway it's not a bad word lol. just ignore them. If you beat malistare you'd be saying it to trust me. P.S. there won't be so many people saying bored when celestia comes out

James skull wielder level 48
another bored person :?

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
seasnake wrote:

Too bad, if there bored they have the right to say so! Get over it!

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
seasnake wrote:
In a time period of two hours I heard around ten different people say how bored they were, if you don't see how that could turn away people from playing this game you are a bit short sighted. When everyone types they are bored it tends to drive the newer type people away as they get the idea the game becomes boring. I think two of the people who kept saying they were bored also were making comments along the lines that they knew better games than wizard101 and wanted people to message them so they could tell them about the game they were promoting. After hearing I'm bored from ten people in a two hour time frame I decided to post this thread.
put `em on your ignored list. forgive, but don`t forget. gavin battle horn lv49 master necromancer

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
i agree with what the first person said, you shouldn't worry about what other people say. Honestly, its like asking other people to stop saying "hello" or "goodbye" because you dont like hearing the words.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
wizard101 plz also take the word noob and put it on chat filter cause we were all newbies so why insult them :/

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
seasnake wrote:

well if it is there still gonna find a way to say it again
like bored taking off they would probally say i'm core ed or boar ed I; they just find a way

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Merekid wrote:
seasnake wrote:

So ou want a HARMLESS word taken out of the game because YOU don't like it? That doesn't sound right to me.
And believe it or not... even though YOU don't find the game boring doesn't mean OTHER people shouldn't ether.
Once you have gotten to Dragonspyre everything is so well known to you that it can seem kinda boring.
So next time you hear the words "I'm bored" just move on! Someone else being bored shouldn't be able to ruin your game play.
Well you know you can just say your bored instead of saying it in game. And the dude i am quote is over reacting