Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low Level Non-chatters in Plaza of Conquest

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
I'm probably swimming upriver here, but I don't think it's right to criticize the low-levels for trying to help in battle. The way everyone is talking, it seems that there's a general idea that if you're not a Master, you're nothing.

For just a moment, let's see if we can get inside the mind of a naive 'lowbie'. This is easy for me, because I have a younger sister who plays. She's a newbie, and she always wants to follow me (Lvl 48 Pyromancer) and try to feed off of my success (which I personally think is adorable).

Naive Lowbie: 'Hmm... Starting off in this game is difficult, and look at all of these big guys who seem to have it easy! How can I be like them? Maybe I should follow them where they go and do what they do. It works for them, so why shouldn't it work for me?'

Mind you, this just the viewpoint of the naive and the innocent. Jerks and weirdos who just want to use the game to piss you off don't fall under this category.

We were all in this place once, right? I'm positive that none of you on this thread have ever blown by the game all the way to DS without thinking at one point, 'This is too $%@*ing hard!'

What I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't judge books by their covers. All we can see s the Avatar. We can't (usually) see inside the mind of the person behind the Avatar.

Jack Fireheart Level 48 Pyromancer

Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
Exactly,I completely agree with you.It gets on my nerves so bad when a low-leveled wizard ends up where I am battling and ruins everything.For example,yesterday i was in celestia in the chancel and some random level 6 non-chat guy follows me around and ruins everything,only using starter wand spells . I cant stand it. Kings Isle needs to put a level cap on each world so low leveled wizards can ruin our battles. It makes me mad because of the fact that I know I have worked very hard to get a level 60 Balance Legendary,a level 60 Storm Legendary,a level 38 death magus,and a level 42 fire master. Please KI do us all a favor and fix this problem.

Valerian SpiritBlade level 60 legendary

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
i totally agree one time i was fighting the storm guy and there three othere people in the battle where all below lvl 20

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
EXACTLY! I was fighting Earth elemental, me and my friend, we were charging up so i could one hit helephant, and guess what! some initiate comes in, and uses a fire wand spell and i was ready to chuck my tv out the window knowing all those traps were going to waste. ever since then, since i dont wanna violate subscription, the boss should just focus attacking that lower lvl until he dies. since that, if noobs like that initiate come and ruin the fight for me, i tell my friends lets flee come back and watch him die. i am not trying to be mean to the noob, but they just make fighting harder for me and takes me like half an hour for a fight, when if i wanted, could kill it in five minutes. >_> thx for reading
:):):):):):):):):):)
-Nicholas RubyShard, Level 56 Pyromancer at the moment. :D
P.S: a suggestion is TURN OFF PORTS :D

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
if you have prblems with some low levels barging in your battle i have an idea! :D
- Let them take your trap ( it won't matter soon )
- Flee
- Get your mana, health, ect.
- Tell the friends that you want to do the battle with ( not needed )
- Take off teleport
- Go back to the boss
- Have fun killing the boss :D

Savanah SoulHunter
lvl 45
Ice
ps: I added to someone elses Idea :D

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
it is tough with little lvls.they mess up everything and make us dead meat.hey how about when a little lvl comes in a battle the boss will destroy the little lvl

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
adriane13 wrote:
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
I got it! Here, i guess this is the level stuff:

To enter Krokotopia, level 10+

To enter Marleybone, level 20+

To enter Mooshu, level 30+

To enter Dragonspyre, level 40+

To enter Celestia, level 50+

Gh has already a level stuff: level 20.
Electric333 I got to DS at lvl. 39!!!!! That's kind've insulting to me and other wizards who have beat Mooshu earlier than others. I would change the DS level to 30 the Kt to 10 MB 25 because MB is harder then it looks.

But I entered Gh when I was level 13!
That's impossible unless you did the robes quest for Baldur. 8)

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
blizardb0y212 wrote:
Junebug838 wrote:
Hello, I've been farming there for the last few days, and there has been a massive increase in low level non-chatting players that ruin everybody's trap sets. Can you put some kind of minimum level cap to make sure this doesn't happen, or increase the threat on bosses? Low level players that can't communicate ruin the entire fight for us serious high level wizards.

Something that would be nice, is to have to first player in the fight (Sun) have the option to boot a player from the fight.

Yeah I totally agree about that but for me its even worse call them noobs the noobs take up all your traps and beg me to be there friend. Its really annoying but I don't think that the first player in the fight can give someone the boot. I mean what if someone kept on banning people from the battle especially when its their quest. But i do think that KI should make it where the noobs cant have access to the higher level worlds who is with me?
For my friend it was kind of the oppisite! My Master Pyromancer friend wanted to beat Jade Oni by himself! I said woah I think you'll need my help.He did not listen.So in he middle of the battle,I a (grandmaster sorcerrer)teloported and in the next round he was out of health.So I beat Jade Oni and he ported to Jade Palace with a bad loss for him and a win for me! Now he doesn't want to be my friend anymore.Than later today I went to Jade Palace to beat Jade Oni by myself and he came to so got defeated.He wanted me to flee so I did.But, he was out of health!

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
this goes on a lot in cl as well and i agree it is annoying but the only thing that can happen now is turn ports off maybe? here is a list of levels that you should be allowed to PORT into the worlds ( for some lower levels might get into these worlds and not access it until a level and thats not fair cause they gained it ) Krokotopia: Level 15 Marleybone: 25 Mooshu: 30 Dragonspyre: 40 if you want to change anything go ahead these are my opinions and some others have opinions too so speak up plz

Historian
May 01, 2010
You know i may have a sulotion to that.
KI can put a new menu in the book for like combat and something in there is a setting to put traps,coverts etc. to personal use only and anyone can use them, i wonder IF that would clear up a lot, not really sure...

Scot Soulhammer- legendary pryomancer

Survivor
Dec 30, 2010
This problem has been post everywhere on the board. The problem that so new players think if they go to other worlds and not follow the story line that they can level faster and get stuff faster. When they do this, they actually overlook some stuff that you only get when you follow the story line. I get many friends who not on the same world and transport when they see that I am in a world they like to be. DS is hard and yes, they make it harder but the best way is when the player starts doing that and will not listen than drop them from you list.

Mackenzie Thunder Whisper, lvl 46, Storm and Death

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
This problem would end if they took time on there quests and lvl up and get more spells and get to other worlds it will take a long time but then you won't be hated to us grandmasters. If you lower lvls are reading this plz just lvl up and give us grandmasters a break.

Jenna Goldenhorn Grandmaster Necromancer Level 50

Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
Junebug838 wrote:
Hello, I've been farming there for the last few days, and there has been a massive increase in low level non-chatting players that ruin everybody's trap sets. Can you put some kind of minimum level cap to make sure this doesn't happen, or increase the threat on bosses? Low level players that can't communicate ruin the entire fight for us serious high level wizards.

Something that would be nice, is to have to first player in the fight (Sun) have the option to boot a player from the fight.
Choose you friend wisely! If they keep porting to you, delete them. There is no use for noobs as friends anyway. I think a level 20 limit to ports should be added, same to celestia.

Survivor
May 03, 2010
I think there should be some extra slots for example: 4 normal slots. an extra slot for under 15s and another extra slot for under 25s. if you are in one of these spots you cant use other players traps and you stay in ghost mode for a few minutes when the battle is complete. you also have your turn LAST. i hope if they do something like this the battles will play out better

Defender
May 17, 2009
ii0Shmit0ii wrote:
Junebug838 wrote:

Choose you friend wisely! If they keep porting to you, delete them. There is no use for noobs as friends anyway. I think a level 20 limit to ports should be added, same to celestia.

You don't understand. Those aren't his friends. Those low levels are other people's friends and are totally unknown to him. It is happening way too often though.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2010
okay i want to say that yes they can make you lose but what if you need them like you forgot to get a healing spell and they heal you but this may only happen rarely bye! have a nice day! and be good! bye! ps check out my owl (o_o) ( ) _ _ how is it? or hoot is it lol!

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
well now that you have taken away caps from us KI can everyone have text chat it would make many peoples game play so much smoother because then they wouldnt take our traps and talking would be easier i mean talking to them you have to go clicking around just to find something close to what you want to say ( and dont take the caps thing in a mean way i love you taking it away cause now i dont have to go into my backback every time my parents look cause then they would see curses people say and i wouldnt be able to play anymore and now i wont miss my turns for spells

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
all you can say is dont attack my target which means nothing i mean srsly like maybe put in TEXT CHAT (now that you took away caps and there is no way to curse which i love! i hated the cursing all around

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
I'm not a grand or anything, but here's MY opinion about this. Yes, I have been at this stage before. But if I interfere in any way with someone's questing process, I ALWAYS STOP. I don't use traps, or affect it at all. I feel sympathetic for whoever gets people that don't help, or just make it worse. Being a low lvl myself, I try to set a good impression for lower levels. Not all of us are as annoying as you think! In fact, if I ever stay in a higher level world for any reason, I never go to the battles, or I stick the side where I can't be lured in. And I don't see the harm if your higher level friend asks for help. On my wizard, she helped kill Jade Oni and she's already done Malistare, and plenty of other challenging bosses. She is only lvl 23. In fact, they said I was HIGHLY helpful, and they'd help me anytime. I hate when I get called a noob because of my level. It's not like that.

~Jasmine DreamPetal lvl 23 Ice

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
X sigh X this is the same song and dance i hear from every higher lvl wiz i mean gosh leave the noobs alone plus the non chat players they just not old enough for chat and besides the spiral doesnt revolve around you. ds was my personal favorite ( until cl came XD ) but still non chat players dont ruin the game they are in fact the ONLY reason i am in cl today they can fight just as well as you they doing no harm they not the reason DS got the way it is unless the dragon titan dont have chat XD! but yea so leave them alone!

Survivor
Feb 21, 2011
Ok first of all how does a lvl 10 or so ever open the ds spiral? i have had to fight and grind to open the spiral for ds, and since I have been in the ds I have not seen those low level players, I'm confused set me straight on this.

Destiny Spiritthief lvl 46
Master Necromancer

Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
I know! I agree with everyone who posted here that says its annoying! One time, I was fighting a boss and I put more than 5 traps and other people do like 3000 damage and claim how pro and powerful that is. With all those traps I set, I could do 10,000 damage with a wraith. Its so annoying so I've come up with a solution.

Wizard City: Wizards of all levels.
Krokotopia: Wizards level 15 and above.
Marleybone: Wizards 25 and above.
Mooshu: Wizards level 35 and above.
Dragonspyre: Wizards level 40 and above.
Celestia: Wizards levels50 and above.
Future worlds when created: Wizards level 60 and above.

Anyone with me?

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
aaaaaaaa777 wrote:
I know! I agree with everyone who posted here that says its annoying! One time, I was fighting a boss and I put more than 5 traps and other people do like 3000 damage and claim how pro and powerful that is. With all those traps I set, I could do 10,000 damage with a wraith. Its so annoying so I've come up with a solution.

Anyone with me?
yes

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
aaaaaaaa777 wrote:

Anyone with me?

Too high leveled. Seriously, level 15? I got to Krok at 12. Also, Celestia is 48+, not 50+.

Wizard City: All Levels
Krokotopia: Wizards Level 10+
Marleybone: Wizards Level 20+
Mooshu: Wizard Level 30+
Dragonspyre: Wizards Level 40+
Celestia: Wizards Level 48+

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
Haha i remember a level 1 balance wizard that kept ruining my life traps and feints with imps. I say you should be able to kick people from a fight or something.