Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

crafting feasability KI please acknowledge

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 15, 2009
How is a craft item determined for feasability for actual game play? As it is its a separate game in and of itself. Nothing is tied to crafting other than the dedicated craft quests it takes on the road to be a master artisan. Which in my humble opinion is the hardest personal acheivement badge of the game.

But nothing is really tied to it. Even the equipment that takes a boat load of incredients to make doesn't have the push power or pull over anything else to make them worth crafting. However, housing items are very well worth crafting but take so much time from the actual game looking for ingredients the average wizard gives up rather than pursue it.

The bottom line is I would hate to see a threat of crafting taken from the game due to lack of interest and the lack of interest stems from normal crafting objects being so hard to make especially during the life span of an average wizard (the toon not the player).

Community Leader
I am not KI but I can answer.
Crafting is like any other side quest, you don't have to do this if you do not want to, yet I do on many wizards There are so many neat and simply cool things you can make and now soon in live realm you can craft your very own house once you are a Master Crafter.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
What I was trying to ask is how is the craftability of an item coincide with the progress of the wizard? Because some of the crafting requirements of the smaller items are way to high.

It is reasonable that like with the carousel and the house that the pace of gathering is acheivable by the time the wizard grands up. But some items that take a lot of black pearls and blood moss are unreasonable at least for quest and hunt to coincide.

And to be successful at most things takes hours of time just to find specific items over and above anything else. Does it really have to be that way especially for an extracurricular activity?

IDk, I guess i am just frustrated at the tremendous time it takes to acheive the vision of what i want to do for and with my house with crafting buying and farming.

And as for clothing items, its too bad that the stats on clothing items arent much better than an average drop especially given what it takes to make most of them. And its too bad that we cant craft clothes that rivals even the grand master stuff like the stuff you buy with crowns.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
MeCatz wrote:
Crafting is like any other side quest, you don't have to do this if you do not want to, yet I do on many wizards There are so many neat and simply cool things you can make and now soon in live realm you can craft your very own house once you are a Master Crafter.

crafting may be a side quest but i am a master artisan and would like to see more craftable items that can not be purchased in the game, making crafting more of an achievement. I am excited about the possibility of crafting a house.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
davidcj wrote:
MeCatz wrote:

crafting may be a side quest but i am a master artisan and would like to see more craftable items that can not be purchased in the game, making crafting more of an achievement. I am excited about the possibility of crafting a house.

I agree with both sides of the issue. I am the sort of person who likes to complete all of the quests that are presented in each level before moving on. The crafting quests usually turn out to the hardest, due to the scarcity of reagents. Early on it’s not so bad, you just go to the bazaar and buy what is needed and move on. But now that I am on the 3rd crafting quest in DS it has gotten to the point where the time and gold spent does not equal the reward. I have now been on the DS quest for over a month because of the Black Pearls. And it has cost me a fortune buying Black Lotus to create the Pearls.
I personally would like to see items that you can craft, be items only available to the players who have taken the time and effort to obtain the crafting badges. Or be able to create your own piece of clothing with the stats you want. Or maybe something for your house that no one else has.
Just my thoughts.