Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pet drop hot spots?!?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
So I've heard that there are certain areas or bosses that tend to drop more pets than others. I've been to one guy in grizzlehiem and he dropped two pets after fighting him three times, but I was wondering if there were any other pet drop areas. Anybody know some good hot spots? And, if so, do you know what kind of pets they drop? Thanks!

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
well, i got several silverback wildclaws from the coven in ravenscar,i got them three out of four times from them,so i think they are pretty easy to get hope this helps! autumn deathpyre (gm) rowan ghostblood (journeyman) destiny spiritwraith (initiate)

Survivor
May 02, 2009
if you want a kinda rare pet thats easy to get go to rattle bones for a myth sprite :)

Survivor
Dec 26, 2009
Yes one time on my noob (Connor Spritethorn) after i defeated lord nightshade I threw some crowns in his chest... i got a blue banshee another hot spot is the hardest bosses at the plaza of conquest drop pets but rarely. Hope this helps.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
Explorer
May 23, 2009
There is one in the Plaza of conquests. Its the big oni, I think it takes about 2 hundred times to get. Its an Irthine Spectre. It comes with the Animate card. I was lucky i got it in 4 tries.

lol

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
if you want a skeletal warrior pet victor snowcrusher drops it p.s it takes 18 hrs to hatch

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
shiny411 wrote:
if you want a kinda rare pet thats easy to get go to rattle bones for a myth sprite :)

Everyone has a myth sprite

Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
Well the hotspots would most likely be Rattle bones and the Raven coven

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
lord nightshade drops the blue banshee after you fight him easily plus it takes 6 hours to hatch :) :) :) . but fighting him is the hardest part :) :) alexisicepeadle lv18 ice

Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
steelerfan66 wrote:
There is one in the Plaza of conquests. Its the big oni, I think it takes about 2 hundred times to get. Its an Irthine Spectre. It comes with the Animate card. I was lucky i got it in 4 tries.

lol
lol same here i got it when i was a noob and ported to my friends the second that he die and i got it xD

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
penguingirl99 wrote:
well, i got several silverback wildclaws from the coven in ravenscar,i got them three out of four times from them,so i think they are pretty easy to get hope this helps! autumn deathpyre (gm) rowan ghostblood (journeyman) destiny spiritwraith (initiate)

I wish you and bribro123 had stated what school your character was that found these pets so easily. As far as ravens go, I've done them a good 50 to 100 times as storm school and have found no pet, though I was specifically farming for it. During some of these farmings I played in the presence of a fire school wizard, he found 14 silver backs to my 0 during the times that I played with him.

As such, I wonder if both of your characters were also fire school. Fire tends to find pets left and right as well as their school equipments in comparison to every one else from my in game observations.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2008
kagemoosha the boss who turns into death oni in tree of life gives death bat i got it when i was helping my friend farm him for his balance blade :D :D :D

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
it takes a while but you can try yakedo in cave of solitude drops a myth leprechaun pet tyler hexbane (gm balance)

Explorer
Jun 18, 2009
I got a dire ghoul from death oni in the tree of life on my first try who gives the card Ghoul.

Scarlet Willow
Lvl 48-Ds

Victoria Dusk
Lvl 45-Ds

Cori Raven
Lvl 18-Kt

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
i got minotaur from youkai a secret boss in tree of life
i got clockwork golem from bellows in either counterweight east or west i not sure
i got life minotaur from life boss in helgrind warren
i got a stormcat 4th time fighting herkir in mirkholm keep
i got blue ghost from farming general akilles
i got a midnight sprite from farming nightshade (gives dark sprite)
ya can get a skeletal warrior from viktor snowcrusher i would not recommend it if ya are not lvl at least 40

i need the location of the death pig though

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
Delver
Jan 29, 2009
lukel9 wrote:
lord nightshade dropped blue banshee first thime.
Same with myth sprite
same here dude 8) 8)

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
viradis wrote:
So I've heard that there are certain areas or bosses that tend to drop more pets than others. I've been to one guy in grizzlehiem and he dropped two pets after fighting him three times, but I was wondering if there were any other pet drop areas. Anybody know some good hot spots? And, if so, do you know what kind of pets they drop? Thanks!
well its kind of easy for a rare pet to go to the last boss in firecat ally. it took me 3 times. he gives a normal sprite. its better than the myth sprite and its EASY!

Defender
May 21, 2009
4pr28u555 wrote:
i got clockwork golem from bellows in either counterweight east or west i not sure
ya can get a skeletal warrior from viktor snowcrusher i would not recommend it if ya are not lvl at least 40

The location of the Death Ninja Pig is in Crimson Fields, the last boss I think. He also gives a Death Ninja Pig attack spell, I'm not to sure what it does but I know its pretty good. Ty for reading

Survivor
May 12, 2010
I have tried 50 times to get a frog from timmy icepick but my friend got it the 2nd time and he was with me

ugh i want a frog sooooo badly

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
christopher62597 wrote:
4pr28u555 wrote:

The location of the Death Ninja Pig is in Crimson Fields, the last boss I think. He also gives a Death Ninja Pig attack spell, I'm not to sure what it does but I know its pretty good. Ty for reading

Yakedo in Crimson fields drops the Death Ninja Pig. He is the secret boss there. For him to appear you have to raise the 4 banners on the battle field before you get the quest for clearing the battle field. I always raise the banners right when i start that dungeon, just to be sure Yakedo appears.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life