Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fellow myth wizards let's have a chat

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Hello Myth :-)
I wanted to discuss the Minotaur minion. It is the final minion we myth wizards obtain, and the quest for it is a big back and forth game of porting from one world to the next while carrying a whiny mandrake.
Were you in any way surprised by the design of this minion? I certainly was. The minion did say he would help us in our journey. But he didn't warn us that he was just a big shock absorber! He is this big hulking creature with a two sided axe and yet all he does is taunt from the side going, "attack me! attack me!" without any real offense.

Now I'm a person who absolutely loves defense, but this minotaurs design just doesn't seem practical. Sometimes the taunt is even ignored by the enemies, so all the minotaur would end up doing is waste two good pips. And as the big hulking creature that he is, can he please be re wired a bit for some heavy offensive attacks once in a while? Myth is the school of minions yet the death school is the one with minions tossing out wild spells like a Kraken!

Where is the minotaurs kraken spell? Or why not have him toss out a minotaur of his own? I like that he tries to lure attacks away from me, but he should do more than just act as a shock absorber.

By far, the smartest minion is the cyclops minion. Why not have the minotaur build on that design? And why not have the minotaur tower ME once in a while too? Show me that my little living puppet and my cyclops are not the only worthwhile minions for myth. Can we have a rework for the minotaur minion please?

Any myth wizards agree? Disagree? For those that are not sure about how the minotaur minion works, I recorded his attacks during a series of battles. These are his main spells and how often he uses them:

Taunt (uses it a lot, ice spell, costs 2 pips)
Pass (uses it sometimes, but passing should be exchanged for more useful decisions such as a myth trap, blade, sprite, or even weakness!)
Ghoul (Used when with low health to steal some health, Death spell)
Tower shield (uses it to defend himself, usually before taunting. And sometimes after. Only focuses on himself.)
Natural attack (kind of common. Does 105 damage. Not very scary for a big bad minotaur.)

Again, the idea behind the minotaur being a distraction is ok but it is just not practical in a lot of battles, as a result I barely use it.
Myth, what do you think?

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I use Minotaur a lot. Him absorbing the attacks have saved me many times. Since he doesn't do much attacking, there is less chance of him taking my traps if i am setting up for a large hit.

In your list of spells he casts you left out Spirit Shield. :-)

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life
Hannah Legendstalker Level 50 Myth

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
How about switching up the order and making minotaur our fifth minion that acts as a tank type offensive build and use a golem in his place as the fourth minion? To me that sounds awesome. When I say 'golem' I mean like a huge rocky boulder-ish monster that looks kind of huge not like the golem minion that is called living puppet. The living puppet could be renamed wooden minion or construct minion. On top of this when the minotaur is summoned it is called 'Enraged Minotaur', but I'm not seeing the rage here.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Minotaur minion's taunt is the only reason I was able to get my Orthrus spell from beating Ranulf's solo dungeon.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
as a storm wizard I'd gladly trade my water elemental for your minotaur, the minotaur is very good from my perspective, try playing with the worthless minion called the water elemental for awhile, lol

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Honestly I like the minotaur more for his shields, but I like that the water elemental is not offensive.

Like the OP said, The minotaur should

A) Be more offensive with spells.

B) Not use any kind of offensive spells except for ghoul when his health gets low.